NHL 2017-18 Jersey Concepts (15/30~) added DET, EDM, FLA, LA, MIN

Redux

I'm sure as many of you know that the NHL is going to switch over to Adidas between the 2017-18 season, which means a lot of stripes so don't be surprised if these designs have too many. I'll probably do all the teams Alphabetically but if you want to see your team jersey concept your welcome to ask. If by chance there is a relocation or expansion and the teams starts with a passed letter it will be the one up next and if not it shall follow as previous, and yes I am not really a fan of the Adidas three stripes on hockey jerseys.

Anyhow, here we start off with these five. ANA, ARI, BOS, BUF and CGY. 

C&C are always welcome.

ANA.jpg

ARI.jpg

BOS.jpg

BUF.jpg

CGY.jpg

(All logos go to their respective owners)

Some of these are pretty realistic, like the Coyotes, maybe Calgary and Anaheim. But Boston, No. They'll definitely stay with they're classic look. Maybe go crazy with an alt, but that's not very likely. Otherwise these are nice! Good Job!

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

11 minutes ago, CanucksBrad said:

Are you suggesting that Adidas will/should/could force every team to have 3 stripes on each side panel? That would be horrifying. Looks good for some, but ruins classic jerseys like the Bruins.

Sadly yes... After viewing the world cup of hockey jerseys I can say this with 80% in my mind that all the team will be forced to do this. There wasn't enough bickering at the world cup jerseys but it can still happen. (Hopefully)

15 minutes ago, MEANS said:

Besides the MLS (which lets face it, adidas is soccer) has adidas ever outfitted an entire league and used three stripes?

It's a consumers world, if they can't advertise someone else, why not do themselves. I have no doubt they will take this unnecessary step.

10 minutes ago, CanucksBrad said:

You would think their logos on the back, front, sleeve and pants would be enough advertising. This would be a disaster if true.

Like I said, hopefully this isn't the case. But my sadly what the WCH proved us otherwise, there is still one more season until this happens, so alot can change in a year. My theory is based of current state, and one I hope is wrong.

3 minutes ago, MEANS said:

You didn't answer the question, and the league has a lot more say than most people around here understand.

Oh sorry about that. But yeah, no leagues come to mind that Adidas has done this.

I highly doubt Adidas will have the three stripes. Everyone's freaking out about this for no reason. Adidas designs most of NCAA uniforms, with basketball, baseball, hockey, and football included. If they put the three stripes ANYWHERE, to would definitely be college designs. Adidas owns Reebok as well. They're not going to mess things up. Calm down.

As far as C + C
- Anaheim is alright but the shoulder and collar look a bit weird. Eliminate the white space and move it to the collar. The arms are alright.
- Arizona. My favourite of the bunch. I like the arm design and it works well with the three stripes.
- Boston is good but the arm stripes are way too big and the logo should be the current one.
- Buffalo is not amazing. Take out the grey, shrink the arm stripes by a lot.
- Calgary's stripes are too big but the design is good.

Generally, all the logos need to be shrunk a tiny little bit, and moved up. Refer to the WCH jerseys for a reference.

• 2 weeks later...

The Next Wave. 

(Lets just forget about the Adidas strips)

The Future jersey layouts will be similar to the Colorado concept with smaller logo and better graphics. This is because I didn't like the original concept I made so I redid the template and remade the Av's jersey.

CAR.thumb.jpg.a39338a315588b3b0014090bef

CHI.thumb.jpg.864def20066f1048ef64d80832

COL.thumb.jpg.68a7da652b8d38782e5a12455f

CBJ.thumb.jpg.5f44812e3fb621a18946bddd32

DAL.thumb.jpg.1af11800d7f4df143c632f40f3

Archived