Glendale Griffins (Improved Griffin! 11/28/17)

ZionEagle

I had really wanted to come up with a griffin logo for a long time, and finally got around to making one. I'm thinking of posting football jerseys later if I get around to it :)

CRnfEHH.png

i7TwFdD.png

X8Utij5.png

Thoughts?

iHxPa5Y.pngqXp6spn.png

"Winners never quit, and quitters never win." ~Vince Lombardi

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Your lines seem a little shaky. What program are you using? 

35 minutes ago, NoE38 said:

Good job!

IMO it would work better if the color scheme that like that of a real griffin.

Still, It looks really good.

Yeah, just like all those REAL griffins we have scampering around :P

But I agree, I think The colors are too soft for a logo that's quite aggressive. It'd also be nice to have a full-body mark to really emphasize that this is a griffin.

Thanks for the feedback guys. Greatly appreciated. 

Your lines seem a little shaky. What program are you using? 

PowerPoint, and before you say anything, I can't afford Illustrator, and I don't like Inkscape.

Sometimes my lines are a little wonky to begin with, if I go over the logo a few more times I think it will work better :)

But I agree, I think The colors are too soft for a logo that's quite aggressive.

Yeah I agree. I just wanted something that was differently colored than most other griffin logos, but I wanted to use a bluish color scheme. If you have better colors in mind, I'd love to hear what might work better.

It'd also be nice to have a full-body mark to really emphasize that this is a griffin.

I could definitely try that. I'd rather that be something similar to a secondary though, the head would work better on a the helmet I have.

IMO it would work better if the color scheme that like that of a real griffin.

I couldn't help lolling at this :P Thanks for the nice comment though!

iHxPa5Y.pngqXp6spn.png

Coincidence. I didn't know that there was a school there :P

I originally wanted to use Grand Rapids as a city, but they already had the Griffins.

iHxPa5Y.pngqXp6spn.png

13 minutes ago, sleuthpanther said:

There's a prep school from Glendale, Arizona called the Grffins. Is this just a weird coincidence?

I was about to ask the same thing lol

I guess I'll have to look for another good city name then. I should of guessed a good name like Glendale already had a griffin team.

iHxPa5Y.pngqXp6spn.png

2 minutes ago, ZionEagle said:

I guess I'll have to look for another good city name then. I should of guessed a good name like Glendale already had a griffin team.

I would keep the city, nothing wrong with coincidence.  There are always a name

2 hours ago, ZionEagle said:

2 hours ago, Gary. said:

I would keep the city, nothing wrong with coincidence.  There are always a name

Sorry I think you guys misunderstood me, I love the city name and team name I was just wondering if this was designed for them! Don't feel obliged to change it by any means, I just played that team in high school so it was just funny. Looks great though!

23 hours ago, ZionEagle said:

Yeah I agree. I just wanted something that was differently colored than most other griffin logos, but I wanted to use a bluish color scheme. If you have better colors in mind, I'd love to hear what might work better.

I think this would look great in a red and copper combo. Maybe add a cream for highlights. That would also be a nice color combo if you did want to make this apply to the prep school in Arizona.

Thanks for your thoughts again.

Sorry I think you guys misunderstood me, I love the city name and team name I was just wondering if this was designed for them! Don't feel obliged to change it by any means, I just played that team in high school so it was just funny. Looks great though!

Nah, it was my fault :P No problem.

Fantastic logo, congrats!

Glad you like it.

You made that logo on POWERPOINT??? Wow, now that's impressive.

Haha...not really. It's more versatile than most people think. It just takes practice, like any other program :) Thanks though.

(If anyone's interested though, I have a tutorial I made that I could PM to people if they want to learn more.)

I think the eye needs a pupil.  just my two cents

Well, I already tried a few pupils, and didn't really think that they went with the look. Thanks for the suggestion though!

I think this would look great in a red and copper combo. Maybe add a cream for highlights. That would also be a nice color combo if you did want to make this apply to the prep school in Arizona.

I'm not planning on associating it with the school, but I might give the colors a try :)

I should have something new later tonight.

iHxPa5Y.pngqXp6spn.png

So I won't be able to post the full bodied griffin tonight because I'm still working it all out...buuut, I have smoothed out the old logo and tried different colors.

Old:

Gko1exo.png

New (With same colors)

9BDdcTm.png

New (With two different reds)

qaX6tuq.png

gMS087L.png

I don't know if I'm really happy with those colors. Any suggestions? Full bodied griffin coming soon.

iHxPa5Y.pngqXp6spn.png

It's definitely stepping up in quality as you've given it more aggressive colors and cleaned up the lines a tad!

This is a bigger picture idea you might wanna try down the road, but perhaps you can explore the idea of a full-body alternate logo of some kind? Griffins have some of the coolest bodies in all of mythology so I bet it would make for some cool stuff.

ICXC NIKA

Archived