Glendale Griffins (Improved Griffin! 11/28/17)

ZionEagle

I also think the wings could send to be slid up the back a little. Between the shoulder blades would look better. I like the yellow tip in the tail, it really make it "pop". Great job!

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love it. Maybe you could fill some of the empty space on the body with some shading or something? The place where the body and head used to meet on the old version just seems a bit empty on the new. Great work! Fits much better.

Yeah, I think they need to go up a little higher. I'm not sure how I feel about you losing the mane... I think having it added more interest to that area. Now it looks like the griffin just has a SUPER thick neck.

Actually, maybe it would all be balanced out if you moved the head down further and got rid of some of the neck.

Edit to add:

I thought a redline would help. I think your anatomy on its upper body is a bit off, and that's throwing off how the whole thing looks. Maybe this helps? You could also try sketching some lion bodies to get a feel for how their anatomy works and then adjust your design.

Untitled.png

Okay. Thanks for the feedback :) I'm going to probably try to work on it Tuesday, I don't have time today.

Hopefully it will look better this time around.

iHxPa5Y.pngqXp6spn.png

"Winners never quit, and quitters never win." ~Vince Lombardi

• 1 year later...

Long time no post eh? Well I recently revisited this concept, and tried to implement the critique and improve the old griffin. So here's the old vs new!

m4lX1EJ.png

Basically I moved the wings up, tried to make the highlights uniform, and made the lines thicker and bolder. Let me know what you guys think!

iHxPa5Y.pngqXp6spn.png

"Winners never quit, and quitters never win." ~Vince Lombardi

Archived