Jeep Wrangler Trailcat / Dodge Hellcat Logo

hettinger_rl

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

People are ragging on the new wildcat logo but I personally think it's clean, powerful, and badass.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

10 hours ago, CS85 said:

People are ragging on the new wildcat logo but I personally think it's clean, powerful, and badass.

56e389b4675cf_Screenshot2016-03-11at10.1

Fraser has spoken

not sure who did that hellcat logo but def not Fraser. its got some weird shapes and curves in it too. i couldn't even guess to who or what agency did it though

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

Fraser not liking something doesn't instantly make it bad.  A lot of Fraser's work, though lauded, I find has become somewhat generic.  He has created his own sports design cliche that everyone has followed, and IMHO if this design was more Fraser-esque it would be worse, not better.

He makes good points, and yeah it's a flawed logo.  I think it looks great.  I wouldn't be ashamed to rock it.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

13 minutes ago, CS85 said:

Fraser not liking something doesn't instantly make it bad.  A lot of Fraser's work, though lauded, I find has become somewhat generic.  He has created his own sports design cliche that everyone has followed, and IMHO if this design was more Fraser-esque it would be worse, not better.

He makes good points, and yeah it's a flawed logo.  I think it looks great.  I wouldn't be ashamed to rock it.

of course that's true, but Fraser is also right here. its fine if you like it, but that doesn't mean its good. the quality of the logo is very poor and was drawn by someone who can't draw

here's Fraser's take

Ca8bh5kWAAEoFIc.png.f7698493e68c4f221e00

GRAPHIC ARTIST

1 hour ago, BrandMooreArt said:

of course that's true, but Fraser is also right here. its fine if you like it, but that doesn't mean its good. the quality of the logo is very poor and was drawn by someone who can't draw

here's Fraser's take

Ca8bh5kWAAEoFIc.png.f7698493e68c4f221e00

That looks terrible, though.  I'm guessing FD cobbled that together in 10 minutes, but yeesh.  Not good.

twitter

7 hours ago, CS85 said:

That looks terrible, though.  I'm guessing FD cobbled that together in 10 minutes, but yeesh.  Not good.

i'm certain it was a sketch as well but its undeniably, objectively better. its well crafted-  it's perspective is corrected, the lighting/shading creates clear and true form, and shapes/line work are precise and smooth. it's not worth it to debate which one we "like" best, but Fraser's sketch is absolutely a better crafted logo. 

GRAPHIC ARTIST

Listen, I respect Fraser as much anyone else who has worked so hard and gotten so much acclaim, but I'm absolutely allowed to like their new logo and not FD's.  Obviously I don't do design for an NFL franchise, so who am I to argue, but for somebody as creative as you, I would be a little more open toward agreeing to disagree.  

I think Fraser's work all kind of looks the same.  I've never really been drawn to it.  Clearly many other people have.  It doesn't mean he's not a great designer - it simply means he failed to reach me.  And to me, his version made no instant connection to me like the aforementioned version did. 

And I don't even like Kentucky.

twitter

9 hours ago, CS85 said:

Listen, I respect Fraser as much anyone else who has worked so hard and gotten so much acclaim, but I'm absolutely allowed to like their new logo and not FD's.  Obviously I don't do design for an NFL franchise, so who am I to argue, but for somebody as creative as you, I would be a little more open toward agreeing to disagree.  

I think Fraser's work all kind of looks the same.  I've never really been drawn to it.  Clearly many other people have.  It doesn't mean he's not a great designer - it simply means he failed to reach me.  And to me, his version made no instant connection to me like the aforementioned version did. 

And I don't even like Kentucky.

im not trying to suggest you cant like it, even if its bad. i like design that i know is bad because it dosen't take itself too seriously - like the Minnesota City soccer stuff.

but the UK logo is poor because it is amaturish in its construction. not because there is a lack of flair that won't connect to the audience. Fraser pointed out correctly the flaws in the craftsmanship and we as designers must be able to recognize and uphold those standards - pentool paths, perspective, light, form . . . which i think you understand, but have just missed the point i was trying to make. otherwise we will all end up like Ice Cap and not know the difference between a well crafted logo and a poor one, and make a fool of ourselves in a thread commenting on things we know nothing about

GRAPHIC ARTIST

5 minutes ago, BrandMooreArt said:

otherwise we will all end up like Ice Cap and not know the difference between a well crafted logo and a poor one, and make a fool of ourselves in a thread commenting on things we know nothing about

Wow.  Maybe some humility?

twitter

Archived