The Old Guard

Afrobandito

Over the past few years, I have been running a wrestling e-fed during my spare time. In this show, there is a faction known as The Old Guard, a group of veterans who were the main eventers that the company was built on in its infancy who now seek to regain the gold and spotlight years later. This was the initial logo that I made sometime this past fall:

Cc6NjgQUsAAKeEt.png

As you may have guessed, it did not age on me as well as I hoped, so I recently have been looking for ways to replace the design.

The first one I attempted is a revamped version of the original logo. I went for a darker red added to the orange and removed the handle of the torch. The flame itself was inspired by the Reign Fire logo.

oldguardtake3_zps5eqhpenn.png

This second attempt was aiming more for the style of a soccer shield. something that I was considering was changing the color of the torch to the stroke instead of its current state. Upon posting this, I realize I should also better center the middle piece of the torch's bowl.

OldguardTake2_zpsijvwmozo.png

While I feel confident that these are upgrades from what I had before, I also feel that there is something I should fix for both of these. There is also a third option that I've been trying to have come to fruition. Any feedback and criticism is greatly appreciated.

kana_signature_by_dapowercat316_d6j6ljz1

I would focus on making a really badass set of simple flames coming out of a torch first.  There's spacing and flow issues with the two ones you came up with that need addressed, but there's a start there.  

Ditch the roundel for now until you have an absolutely good fire/torch.  One aspect of the design at a time - in my amateur opinion.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

I like it better without the torch. Also, if you flip the flame you get a G and an abstract O. 

I'd like to see it without the accents in the flame. I'd either use a color that is more distinct from the rest of the flame to help them stand out more or I'd lose them altogether. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

2 hours ago, McCarthy said:

I like it better without the torch. Also, if you flip the flame you get a G and an abstract O. 

I'd like to see it without the accents in the flame. I'd either use a color that is more distinct from the rest of the flame to help them stand out more or I'd lose them altogether. 

Alright, I gave it a shot! I do like the flipped flame because getting the OG implemented was one of the original ideas going in. Removing the accents, I'm 50-50 on.

OldguardTake6_zpssks3ujmy.png

kana_signature_by_dapowercat316_d6j6ljz1

Archived