2016 Stanley Cup Playoffs Uniforms

Mr. Krabs

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Old School Fool said:

Hockey is not normally my thing but I just came in here to say the Penguins are a mess. Vegas gold away uniform, throwback at home, usage of throwback logo on all merch/graphics. If they win the Cup then they will have done so not even using their actual logo. Bizarre.

No, the skating penguin is their logo, it's just been recolored... 

And the Penguins are promoting the Pittsburgh Gold because they're more than likely to go back to it full time next year. 

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

2 hours ago, Thomas said:

like this ?

12429.jpg

I can't believe that this kind of jersey design was considered acceptable during a period of time when I was alive. 

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

On 5/20/2016 at 1:29 AM, mcj882000 said:

I know the Bolts' uniforms aren't super-popular, but I tell you, I know some people who'd be quite... er, Happy... with a St. Louis vs. Tampa Bay SCF:
Humk1A1.jpg

They need to embrace nothingness.

tumblr_inline_n8b3j6YQPP1s0dol9.jpg

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

1 hour ago, Bayne said:

I can't believe that this kind of jersey design was considered acceptable during a period of time when I was alive. 

Oh yeah?

I can´t believe your face design is considered acceptable. 

:P;)

5 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

Hockey is not normally my thing but I just came in here to say the Penguins are a mess. Vegas gold away uniform, throwback at home, usage of throwback logo on all merch/graphics. If they win the Cup then they will have done so not even using their actual logo. Bizarre.

That's my problem with the Penguins uniforms in the playoffs this season. Just like the Capitals last season, it's inconsistent! Their home and away uniforms don't match and it's irritating. I'd rather see them wear the bad home uniforms because it's at least consistent with their away uniform. 

No team should wear throwbacks in the playoffs!

XM4KeeA.png

5 hours ago, Thomas said:

like this ?

12429.jpg

I love how they just kind of threw some yellow in there, even though the color is not really part of the team's palette and has never been featured in anything else

the abstract diagonal "rain" lines are pretty awesome, though

45 minutes ago, insert name said:

That's my problem with the Penguins uniforms in the playoffs this season. Just like the Capitals last season, it's inconsistent! Their home and away uniforms don't match and it's irritating. I'd rather see them wear the bad home uniforms because it's at least consistent with their away uniform. 

No team should wear throwbacks in the playoffs!

this doesnt really bother me, its not they're ever seen together.  

^ No. The Penguins stick had a jagged edged blade with a white stick; the one the Shark has eaten is clearly rounded and brown/orange. 

Seriously though, seeing the Pens lift the Cup in the black/athletic gold would be nice. Almost as nice as seeing the Sharks raising it in their throwbacks, which isn't really possible.

Now that the Sharks have finally made the SCF, were their black unis really cursed?

sig.png

5 hours ago, Rollins Man said:

maybe im wrong but isnt this the first ever stanley cup final where both teams have an animal for their main logo?

It probably is. And the fact that they're both aquarium animals makes it all the more interesting. (Though in real life a matchup between a shark and a penguin might be tragically one-sided :))

3 hours ago, tigerslionspistonshabs said:

^ No. The Penguins stick had a jagged edged blade with a white stick; the one the Shark has eaten is clearly rounded and brown/orange. 

Way to get all technical and ruin a joke. 

Archived