2016 Stanley Cup Playoffs Uniforms

Mr. Krabs

In my mind, these top 4 match-ups are just in a different grouping than the other 4 match-ups. Top 4 all are pretty classically styled (except Penguin roads and Minnesota home just has the phantom yoke), the other 4 are just too muddled by similarities. Panthers/Isles have the blues, Kings/Sharks with the blacks, Ducks/Preds with piping/orange/yellow, Caps/Flyers with the red/orange.

1. Blues vs Blackhawks (especially in Chicago)

2. Penguins vs Rangers (especially in Pittsburgh)

3. Stars vs Wild (especially in Dallas)

4. Lightning vs Red Wings

-----

T5. Panthers vs Islanders

T5. Kings vs Sharks

T5. Ducks vs Predators

T5. Capitals vs Flyers

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, The Giant Pacific Octopus said:

Thank Christ. Now we don't have to look at that stupid Disney cartoon. Somebody needs to tell the Ducks they aren't called the "Mighty Ducks" anymore and aren't owned by Disney anymore. I can't take them seriously as a pro sports entity when I see that Donald Duck logo on the front.

When Ryan Getzlaf is wearing the D jersey and misses the net. This is the sound he makes.

But if he's wearing that Disney cartoon jersey and misses the net. This is the sound he makes.

I thought we were over war metaphors for sports? The Hulk saved the Earth from the Chitauri Invasion; please don't compare a hero like that to something somebody does playing a game.

17 hours ago, The Giant Pacific Octopus said:

I can't take them seriously as a pro sports entity when I see that Donald Duck logo on the front.

And yet your suggested alternative featured a logo actually depicting Donald Duck. M'kay.

Anyway, can we talk about another team already? Even I'm getting sick of this discussion.

--

Glad the Pens are using the throwbacks, may as well go all out with those if they're switching to them anyway. As for the Caps, theirs are a bit too garish for my tastes. None of their uniforms are particularly good but the regulars are marginally better, if I had to pick I'd rather see them use those.

I'd like to think Minnesota would also use their alternates. That green jersey is more consistent with the white, and it'd make for a nice matchup with Dallas.

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

Here's my ranking on the matchups (From the sweaters we know will be worn.)

1. St. Louis at Chicago games
  2. Minnesota at Dallas games
  3. New York at Pittsburgh games
  4. Chicago at St. Louis games
  5. Detroit vs Tampa (series)
  6. Dallas at Minnesota games (The faux piping ruins the Wild alt.) 
  7. New York vs Florida (series) 
  8. Nashville vs Anaheim (series, and a decent modern looking matchup as long as the Preds don't use those ugly yellow buckets... :()
  9. San Jose vs Los Angeles (series)
  10. Philadelphia vs Washington (series) 
  11. Pittsburgh at New York games 

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

This year has to set the record for most uniform colours used in the playoffs. You've got red, blue, black, green, yellow, orange, and teal. Here's my ranking of the series (based on the better matchup):

1. Blues at Blackhawks

blues-vs-blackhawks-stanley-cup-playoffs

2. Rangers at Penguins

9156167.jpg

3. Wild at Stars

1390362619000-USATSI-7688662.jpg

4. Kings at Sharks (if SJ had gone throwback for the playoffs this would've been top 3) 

i?img=%2Fphoto%2F2016%2F0410%2Fr72921_12

5. Flyers at Capitals

160493450_slide.jpg

6. Red Wings at Lightning

467078498_slide.jpg

7. Panthers at Islanders

128794003_std.jpg

8. Ducks at Predators

462811512_slide.jpg

7 hours ago, BrianLion said:

Caps are wearing the red throwbacks at home I believe. Your matchup should look like this:

gettyimages-507135716.jpg

The Capitals have the worst jerseys bar none, new, throwback, it doesn't matter.

I just realized how incredibly similar the Dallas and Minnesota sets are, especially the white jerseys. I think the only thing closer would be a Pittsburgh/Ottawa series, but at least they have differing colors. 

Good looking...but incredibly similar colors and templates.

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

34 minutes ago, Mr. Krabs said:

It looks right to see the Sharks in teal in the playoffs again.

They should have worn the throwbacks... 

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

2 hours ago, Mr. Krabs said:

It looks right to see the Sharks in teal in the playoffs again.

This is the best this matchup has looked in a long time.  The Teals are, far and away, the best of the current set.

Archived