The Sports Media Thread

That Caucasians shirt rules. Anybody who says they're offended by it is only pretending they are. It's great and the irony is fantastic.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

1 hour ago, Brass said:

That Caucasians shirt rules. Anybody who says they're offended by it is only pretending they are. It's great and the irony is fantastic.

The dollar sign feather is what makes it.  

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

6 minutes ago, CS85 said:

The dollar sign feather is what makes it.  

It's absolutely beautiful. Every aspect of it. Anybody who doesn't find it funny will never find anything funny.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

36 minutes ago, DG_Now said:

So what do people think of Amin Elhassan? He's the best, right?

He needs some to reign him in and he is not a talented nor as smart as Bomani or LeBatard.  He is like a black Chris Russo starter kit. He was part of the dysfunction in PHX and doesn't admit it, but rather tells Shaq or Steve Nash stories.

He is not going to have another gig in the NBA, and every time he gives his opinions is why.  When he walked out on Jorge Sedano on a Sunday in February is a reason why he is on a short leach, but could be OK for him since FS1 would quickly hire him since Jamie Horowitz has been given the OK to make FS1 more loke FOX News Channel.

4 hours ago, dfwabel said:

Either clickbait, or just written by someone who doesn't know sports.  We all know ESPN has done "embrace debate" for years now. They make it sound like ESPN is Sunday school, and Fox Sports is getting this idea from Fox News. GD Colin Cowherd is my least favorite media personality ever, and he was making crap up just to fill air on his ESPN radio show more than anyone ever has at Fox News*

* I don't know this for sure since I don't watch cable news, but I just really hate Colin Cowherd.

1 hour ago, Cosmic said:

Either clickbait, or just written by someone who doesn't know sports.  We all know ESPN has done "embrace debate" for years now. They make it sound like ESPN is Sunday school, and Fox Sports is getting this idea from Fox News. GD Colin Cowherd is my least favorite media personality ever, and he was making crap up just to fill air on his ESPN radio show more than anyone ever has at Fox News*

* I don't know this for sure since I don't watch cable news, but I just really hate Colin Cowherd.

FS1 doesn't have many live events in prime time outside of MLB in a certain Saturday night stretch, UFC, MotoCross, Monster Jam, few NASCAR dates and college football.

Reports: Big Ten and FOX agree to half of the conference's media rghts up for bid.

http://m.sportsbusinessdaily.com/Daily/Closing-Bell/2016/04/19/Big-Ten.aspx?

Deal terms still are flexible – both in terms of money and rights. However, the two sides have agreed on basic terms that will give Fox the rights to around 25 football games and 50 basketball games that it will carry on both the broadcast channel and FS1 starting in the fall of '17. The deal runs six years and could cost Fox as much as $250M per year, depending on the amount of rights the Big Ten conference puts in its second package.

Good deal for Tirico...I'm sure they'll also use him on Olympic basketball (backing-up Marv) and whatever other events suit him.  With him also getting the NBC TNF package, they're definitely grooming him to take over for Al Michaels when he's ready to step away.

Edit: I just saw a blurb via Clay Travis' Twitter that reportedly Brad Nessler may also be on his way out of Bristol, going to CBS to call NFL and college basketball games, and may end up being Verne Lundquist's heir apparent to the SEC football play-by-play chair.

7 minutes ago, 2001mark said:

Read Susan Fornoff's book, "Lady in the Locker Room" sometime.   As far the video goes it's just the same old crap.  Men and people in the internet are cretins.  Breaking news.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter