The Sports Media Thread

On 08/09/2017 at 0:19 PM, McCarthy said:

I've asked that question of The Ringer before. "Who is this for?". That podcast popped up on my phone and I couldn't delete it fast enough. 

I don't subscribe to any Ringer podcast, I just wait 48 hours after dropping to determine.

Bill just now throws s#it out there to see if it works and it proves to me, they're not as successful as he touts. Unlike his pal Adam Carolla or his rival Chris Hardwick (Nerdist), he is now just a podcast business. Nobody wants to see his a$$ om TV. The Ringer's content stinks, but they seemingly get hits, but mainly just for the podcasts.

He spends a lot of money being Bill Simmons too.  "Smart Guy Friday" is a farce as Bill is trying to be a smart guy himself and the impetus to interview said people.  Hell, Bill tried to tell us he created, "Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee" a year before Seinfeld. GTFO.

On the staff side, it seems that Bill really loved and wanted to hang around Jalen, but now that they are split, Bill doesn't have people of color friends or employees. 

He has hired Shea Serrano, a Latino, an Asian male, an Asian woman(Nicole Bae), and a Black male intern (Jordan Coley) talks a lot about black culture, yet don't talk with black folk.

• 2 weeks later...

How did I miss that the Pens finally fired that useless turd Paul Steigerwald? Steve Mears from the NHL network is there now but they should have axed the TV booth altogether to simulcast Mike Lange and the ol' two-niner.

• Like 1

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, dfwabel said:

Let's see where this goes...

Cringe with a capital "Ooosh..."

IyENtv5.gif

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

33 minutes ago, dfwabel said:

The Whitlock/producer explanation will be that it wasn't a white guy, it was Kid, from Kid 'N Play.

http://m.tmz.com/#!article/2017/09/06/jason-whitlock-colin-kaepernick-kid-n-play/

Not a great look any day, but especially not the day video evidence comes out of Michael Bennett's police encounter. 

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Whitlock let some words fall out of his maw on his show to the effect of the reason filthy liberal SJWs keep bringing up teams not signing Kaepernick is because of their secret agenda to undermine professional football because it makes them angry that so many black men are successful in it. Now, who's the real racist? *leans back in chair, folds arms*

The most popular GIF response to Whitlock's tweet says all that ever needs to be said about him, really.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

45 minutes ago, Sodboy13 said:

Whitlock let some words fall out of his maw on his show to the effect of the reason filthy liberal SJWs keep bringing up teams not signing Kaepernick is because of their secret agenda to undermine professional football because it makes them angry that so many black men are successful in it. Now, who's the real racist? *leans back in chair, folds arms*

The most popular GIF response to Whitlock's tweet says all that ever needs to be said about him, really.

This isn't that, but "snacks."

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

I'm really depressed about Irma and life and everything but for some reason that tiny bit of satire brings so much joy to me. It is perfect. There are like 5,000 Extremely Sports-Online people in the world that joke is for and for those people it is perfect.

• Like 2

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

8 minutes ago, Still MIGHTY said:

Seriously, who hasn't joined the Athletic yet? And how are they funding this?

Basically these Silicon Valley venture capitalists are.

http://courtsidevc.com/

One of the partners is quotes in this Forbes article from January.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/darrenheitner/2017/01/10/why-2-1-million-was-invested-in-a-sports-news-subscription-site/#3e61df915e71

For those not in the know, ESPN's Jamele Hill went off on twitter, accurately calling our fatass slimeball blowhard president a Fatass Slimeball Blowhard President.  FSBP naturally reacted immediately, demanding she kiss the tip of his gold-plated and likely toenail-growing metaphorical penis.

ESPN then rushed to find a POC to fill her gap during the next SportsCenter.  They all refused.  She was then put out there anyway.

There's a lot of weird quasi-apologies and mixed-truths floating around now, but ultimately it appears nothing came of it except for more arguments over the "Stick To Sports" movement that has birthed from mostly Twitter scum wanting to get their local sports beat writers to not make them feel guilty for being bigots/racists/general useless white fartknockers.  

• Like 4
"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

6 minutes ago, CS85 said:

Twitter scum wanting to get their local sports beat writers to not make them feel guilty for being bigots/racists/general useless white fartknockers.  

I'm an editor by nature, so I'd like to note here that you could have simply said "Clay Travis."

• Like 2
On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.