DG_Now

The Sports Media Thread

Plus going back to when everything was happening there were a lot of red flags.  You had Hurlbert trying to make a name for himself for one and you also had the accuser running to her friends bragging about it and saying how, amongst other things, she was going to buy herself a koala with the big check she was going to be getting.

If we're reopening sports cold cases, shouldn't we really start with Ray Lewis?

1 hour ago, Cosmic said:

If we're reopening sports cold cases, shouldn't we really start with Ray Lewis?

Was that case really all that cold? He killed somebody. Jayson Williams is in jail. Why not Ray?

20 minutes ago, DG_Now said:

Was that case really all that cold? He killed somebody. Jayson Williams is in jail. Why not Ray?

He and his buddies did a great job of covering his ass.

They never found his clothes from that evening and the murder weapon was clean of any DNA.

Everyone knows Lewis did something that night, but nobody can definitively say what.

Scream enough motivational advice at enough people mixed in with some Jesus references and how it’s “for the kids” and people will start to think you’re actually a good person after awhile.

Worked for Jim Brown minus the screaming part.

The Shop on HBO is interesting. Has anyone seen it?

07-FOX-V3.png

Here's an oddity for the Fox single game on Sunday: DC is scheduled to get a doubleheader, with Panthers-Eagles in the early spot but also Saints-Ravens in the late spot, with Cowboys-Redskins running in the CBS late spot (despite neither team being in the AFC but that's not a rule anymore). So I guess the deal here is some sort of Baltimore-Washington reciprocity where each one gets the other team's games, but because they're both late, the DC affiliate isn't supposed to run against the Redskins at home but also needs to carry the Ravens but also is only supposed to have one game? idk weird.

Chris Berman was back on SportsCenter tonight doing NFL highlights during the 8pm hour! It was nice to see him back. Hopefully ESPN will let him do some occasional highlights for the rest of the season.

I think that despite the fact that ESPN would be forced to sell Fox Sports Networks, in order to a potential FCC approval of the Disney/21CF merger, due to FCC antitrust rules (which I honestly don't like it, in my opinion), they would likely never give up and keep fighting to acquire regional sports rights.

I’m listening to Gladiator, a podcast produced by Wondery and The Boston Globe’s Spotlight Team on Aaron Hernandez. It’s a well-produced true crime story, examining Hernandez’s life and the different factors that played into his development as a football player and the lead-up to his arrest. 

8 hours ago, SFGiants58 said:

I’m listening to Gladiator, a podcast produced by Wondery and The Boston Globe’s Spotlight Team on Aaron Hernandez. It’s a well-produced true crime story, examining Hernandez’s life and the different factors that played into his development as a football player and the lead-up to his arrest. 

I'll have to binge on that one next -- ironically, stuck on the Globe's podcast about the Gardner art heist at the moment.

Speaking of Boston: any cord-cutters have a streaming service that includes NESN? I was about to pull the trigger on Hulu's live TV service but realized that one was missing. Far as I can tell only Youtube TV has NESN so far, but I might be wrong.

26 minutes ago, dfwabel said:

Bidding for Disney's sale of the 22 Fox RSNs began this week.

In this first round, Comcast will not bid.

But Ice Cube and LL Cool J are bidding with Alex and Ani's Carolyn Rafealian.

So the great question is: Will AT&T bid for the 22 Fox RSNs?.

I'm three minutes into Macolm Gladwell's theory of the World Eugenics Basketball League on the Simmons podcast and I'm deeply uncomfortable.

EDIT: It's actually more stupid than offensive.

1 hour ago, DG_Now said:

Macolm Gladwell's theory of the World Eugenics Basketball League

:o go on...