docrocket

2016 CFL Uniforms

477 posts in this topic

I wonder if, given today's post in the 2015 CFL Uniforms thread about Saskatchewan's new logo, it is time to post up the 2016 CFL Uniforms thread?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, docrocket said:

I wonder if, given today's post in the 2015 CFL Uniforms thread about Saskatchewan's new logo, it is time to post up the 2016 CFL Uniforms thread?

 

Looks like you just did.

 

To recap, here's the tweet from the Riders (h/t @BJ Sands): 

 

 

 

And here's the old version for comparison ...

 

6245.png

 

The linked story on the Riders website mentions that "Rider merchandise with the new logo, including the launch of the new adidas jerseys, will be available soon at all Rider Store locations." So no specifics on a jersey launch date. Yet.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm waiting for Ottawa to release a more Rough Rider looking uniform.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You'll be waiting a while. They seem to want to hint at the Rough Riders identity but keep pushing REDBLACKS.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

You'll be waiting a while. They seem to want to hint at the Rough Riders identity but keep pushing REDBLACKS.

Well I would like them to keep the red uniform as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

^Get rid of the giant logo on the front, replace it with numbers and, you have a great look.

I really like the idea of the REDBLACKS using the plaid as part of their identity.

 

Also, well done 'riders. Now just ditch the tramp stamp jerseys

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At least one CFL team should just take a chance and embrace purple as one of their team colors

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Purple said:

At least one CFL team should just take a chance and embrace purple as one of their team colors

 

95CFLPiratesYearBookrs.jpg.w300h399.jpg

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Purple said:

At least one CFL team should just take a chance and embrace purple as one of their team colors

Sorry but, Our Colours are set in stone, unless it was an expansion team I don't see it happening. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Sodboy13 said:

 

95CFLPiratesYearBookrs.jpg.w300h399.jpg

 

Even though that logo was a slapdash imitation of the then-new NE Patriots logo, I still love it along with the color combo and overall look. You can probably tell that I'm a bit partial to it ;)

 

But yeah, the colours in the league are kind of set in stone now as clonewars points out. I guess if there is one team that could conceivably change it's Montreal whose red/white/blue only dates back to the 70s, but even that is pretty well entrenched now.

 

If Halifax gets a team they have to be purple, teal or brown. They can't be blue despite being on the coast... Montreal, Toronto and Winnipeg already have blue, there's no room for any more.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I could see an Atlantic team using a sky blue, as long as it is not paired with navy (Toronto).  

 

Sky Blue and Dark Green (think Tulane U) would work for a nautical theme.  Sky Blue and Orange (Arena football's Detroit Drive) or Sky Blue with Black and Silver (a la Detroit Lions). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You still have a chance to see your colour in the CFL Purple if you wanna wait about 50 some years when Victoria is granted their expansion team. TIMES COLONIST headline in 2066...."Victoria Royals inaugural season begins tonight." or something like that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Survival79 said:

Roughriders-New-Logo-Changes-Explained.j

 

What does "staggered lines now straight" mean?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, BigBubba said:

What does "staggered lines now straight" mean?

 

Maybe this will help...

 

Untitled.png

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My Wishlist for the CFL this year.

East:
Ottawa: Keep the signature alt, give home and away jersey sleeve stripes, More like the Rough Riders of the 60's and 70's or bring in a retro alt.
Montreal: Keep current jerseys, once again give sleeve stripes, bring in late 70's retro as alt.
Toronto: Change nothing, but never go white on white again. Maybe bring in a lighter blue alt??? maybe. 

Hamilton: Change nothing, but like Toronto don't go white on white again. also just never wear those white pants again, ever! No alt needed. 

West:

Winnipeg: Part of me wants to keep the current set other part wants me to go with the royal blue alt.
Saskatchewan: Retro? Well the retro alt has to stay its a Labour day tradition, but bring back the wraparound helmet.
Calgary: Put less black in your uniforms but keep the black alt for Labour day.
Edmonton: Don't change the home jersey, just don't. Like Toronto and Hamilton it is perfect. the away, yeah change that. no need for a third uniform though. 
BC: Bring back your mid 60's look, or the 2009 retro look. your uniform looks like a fan jersey from Walmart

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm wondering what logo Sask goes with now that they've eliminated silver from their logo set.  The helmet logo has never been the one above (unless used on the white alternates) that they tweaked but they haven't released any updates on the silver helmet logo changes.  Unless they're planning on going with green on green which would look terrible.

 

hwl.jpg

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, clonewars2008 said:

My Wishlist for the CFL this year.

East:
Ottawa: Keep the signature alt, give home and away jersey sleeve stripes, More like the Rough Riders of the 60's and 70's or bring in a retro alt.
Montreal: Keep current jerseys, once again give sleeve stripes, bring in late 70's retro as alt.
Toronto: Change nothing, but never go white on white again. Maybe bring in a lighter blue alt??? maybe. 

Hamilton: Change nothing, but like Toronto don't go white on white again. also just never wear those white pants again, ever! No alt needed. 

West:

Winnipeg: Part of me wants to keep the current set other part wants me to go with the royal blue alt.
Saskatchewan: Retro? Well the retro alt has to stay its a Labour day tradition, but bring back the wraparound helmet.
Calgary: Put less black in your uniforms but keep the black alt for Labour day.
Edmonton: Don't change the home jersey, just don't. Like Toronto and Hamilton it is perfect. the away, yeah change that. no need for a third uniform though. 
BC: Bring back your mid 60's look, or the 2009 retro look. your uniform looks like a fan jersey from Walmart

My thoughts, White on white is the best look for Toronto. Well, mostly that the white helmet is the best one they have. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, steve61 said:

I'm wondering what logo Sask goes with now that they've eliminated silver from their logo set.  The helmet logo has never been the one above (unless used on the white alternates) that they tweaked but they haven't released any updates on the silver helmet logo changes.  Unless they're planning on going with green on green which would look terrible.

 

hwl.jpg

 

 

Green on green would make the "S" stand out more as the contrasting and defining element.  Which sounds like a good idea to me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now