2016 CFL Uniforms

docrocket

• Replies 476
  • Created
  • Last Reply
32 minutes ago, docrocket said:

I wonder if, given today's post in the 2015 CFL Uniforms thread about Saskatchewan's new logo, it is time to post up the 2016 CFL Uniforms thread?

Looks like you just did.

To recap, here's the tweet from the Riders (h/t @BJ Sands): 

And here's the old version for comparison ...

6245.png

The linked story on the Riders website mentions that "Rider merchandise with the new logo, including the launch of the new adidas jerseys, will be available soon at all Rider Store locations." So no specifics on a jersey launch date. Yet.

^Get rid of the giant logo on the front, replace it with numbers and, you have a great look.

I really like the idea of the REDBLACKS using the plaid as part of their identity.

Also, well done 'riders. Now just ditch the tramp stamp jerseys

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

55 minutes ago, Purple said:

At least one CFL team should just take a chance and embrace purple as one of their team colors

95CFLPiratesYearBookrs.jpg.w300h399.jpg

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

12 hours ago, Sodboy13 said:

95CFLPiratesYearBookrs.jpg.w300h399.jpg

Even though that logo was a slapdash imitation of the then-new NE Patriots logo, I still love it along with the color combo and overall look. You can probably tell that I'm a bit partial to it ;)

But yeah, the colours in the league are kind of set in stone now as clonewars points out. I guess if there is one team that could conceivably change it's Montreal whose red/white/blue only dates back to the 70s, but even that is pretty well entrenched now.

If Halifax gets a team they have to be purple, teal or brown. They can't be blue despite being on the coast... Montreal, Toronto and Winnipeg already have blue, there's no room for any more.

I could see an Atlantic team using a sky blue, as long as it is not paired with navy (Toronto).  

Sky Blue and Dark Green (think Tulane U) would work for a nautical theme.  Sky Blue and Orange (Arena football's Detroit Drive) or Sky Blue with Black and Silver (a la Detroit Lions). 

You still have a chance to see your colour in the CFL Purple if you wanna wait about 50 some years when Victoria is granted their expansion team. TIMES COLONIST headline in 2066...."Victoria Royals inaugural season begins tonight." or something like that.

My Wishlist for the CFL this year.

East:
Ottawa: Keep the signature alt, give home and away jersey sleeve stripes, More like the Rough Riders of the 60's and 70's or bring in a retro alt.
Montreal: Keep current jerseys, once again give sleeve stripes, bring in late 70's retro as alt.
Toronto: Change nothing, but never go white on white again. Maybe bring in a lighter blue alt??? maybe. 

Hamilton: Change nothing, but like Toronto don't go white on white again. also just never wear those white pants again, ever! No alt needed. 

West:

Winnipeg: Part of me wants to keep the current set other part wants me to go with the royal blue alt.
Saskatchewan: Retro? Well the retro alt has to stay its a Labour day tradition, but bring back the wraparound helmet.
Calgary: Put less black in your uniforms but keep the black alt for Labour day.
Edmonton: Don't change the home jersey, just don't. Like Toronto and Hamilton it is perfect. the away, yeah change that. no need for a third uniform though. 
BC: Bring back your mid 60's look, or the 2009 retro look. your uniform looks like a fan jersey from Walmart

zyyMk1d.png

I'm wondering what logo Sask goes with now that they've eliminated silver from their logo set.  The helmet logo has never been the one above (unless used on the white alternates) that they tweaked but they haven't released any updates on the silver helmet logo changes.  Unless they're planning on going with green on green which would look terrible.

hwl.jpg

zzPEfBm.png

8 hours ago, clonewars2008 said:

My Wishlist for the CFL this year.

East:
Ottawa: Keep the signature alt, give home and away jersey sleeve stripes, More like the Rough Riders of the 60's and 70's or bring in a retro alt.
Montreal: Keep current jerseys, once again give sleeve stripes, bring in late 70's retro as alt.
Toronto: Change nothing, but never go white on white again. Maybe bring in a lighter blue alt??? maybe. 

Hamilton: Change nothing, but like Toronto don't go white on white again. also just never wear those white pants again, ever! No alt needed. 

West:

Winnipeg: Part of me wants to keep the current set other part wants me to go with the royal blue alt.
Saskatchewan: Retro? Well the retro alt has to stay its a Labour day tradition, but bring back the wraparound helmet.
Calgary: Put less black in your uniforms but keep the black alt for Labour day.
Edmonton: Don't change the home jersey, just don't. Like Toronto and Hamilton it is perfect. the away, yeah change that. no need for a third uniform though. 
BC: Bring back your mid 60's look, or the 2009 retro look. your uniform looks like a fan jersey from Walmart

My thoughts, White on white is the best look for Toronto. Well, mostly that the white helmet is the best one they have. 

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

8 hours ago, steve61 said:

I'm wondering what logo Sask goes with now that they've eliminated silver from their logo set.  The helmet logo has never been the one above (unless used on the white alternates) that they tweaked but they haven't released any updates on the silver helmet logo changes.  Unless they're planning on going with green on green which would look terrible.

hwl.jpg

Green on green would make the "S" stand out more as the contrasting and defining element.  Which sounds like a good idea to me. 

Archived