2016 CFL Uniforms

docrocket

The "rouge" is basically the U.S. equivalent of a kicked touchback, and is worth 1 point for the kicking team. So in this case a missed FG still wins the game if it was tied.

The Argos could have run it out, but the end zones are 20 yards deep so he probably have been tackled (thus conceding points).

You're allowed to kick the ball at any time in Canadian football, so they do (to avoid the rouge or giving up that extra point) that's why you also see a second kick from Montreal and yet another (very weak) kick back from the Argos, which let to the touchdown.

Also, the CFL uses "no yards" instead of the fair-catch rule (similar to rugby union) - the kicking team must give the catcher a 5-yard halo to catch the ball before attempting to tackle.

I believe that the Argos were hoping to tackle the Alouette who caught the ball before getting in the end zone to keep the game tied. I don't think they were expecting that Montreal would kick the ball back....but obviously I have no way of knowing that for sure. 

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

• Replies 476
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, GoGamecocks29 said:

Montréal going with white helmets against Winnipeg.  Did the unveil show the Alouettes with an alternate helmet??

Montréal looks better with the white replacing the silver.

"Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." Dennis Miller

14 hours ago, GoGamecocks29 said:

Montréal going with white helmets against Winnipeg.  Did the unveil show the Alouettes with an alternate helmet??

According to their Twitter account the Als wore white yesterday in honor of Saint Jean Baptiste Day, Quebec's national holiday which is celebrated on June 24.

20 hours ago, Mitch B said:

Montréal looks better with the white replacing the silver.

The helmet stripes still didn't match the pants stripes though.  I liked the helmets.  They need to fix the stripes on the pants.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Edmonton's last home jersey was way better than their new one. What's with the huge space between the names on the backs of the RedBlack jerseys and the numbers, let alone how small the names are? Besides that, Ottawa's new road jersey is way better than their old one.

1 hour ago, BJ Sands said:

Why didn't the CFL get the newest adidas template? Everything is so scrunched and looks messy. 

They're using the newest template. It just doesn't have Shockweb on it like the older versions. BC's design shows all of the different pieces off. What's annoying with Calgary is thst if they dropped the horses a little closer to the dleeve cuffs they have space for TV numbers. Ottawa and Saskatchewan have the same issues since they all use the same design. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

8 minutes ago, appleclock said:

Those BC helmets shouldn't exist.  On my TV right now it's just a big blurry orange and black mess.

Even worse to me...the shade of orange used on the unis and the shade on the coaches sideline shirts aren't even close.

BC looked much better as an orange and white team.

Also, pretty sure some Calgary helmets have red flakes, specifically the running back, but others don't. Maybe my eyes were deciding me, though, and it was just a reflection of the scoreboard overhead.

I don't like how BC has 2 different shades of orange.  It's like a matte finish at home and more shiny for the roads.  I didn't notice it when they were first unveiled, but it was really noticeable when they wore the orange helmet with the orange jersey for the pre-season.  

1 hour ago, G-tron said:

In other news, the Argos are practicing in white helmets, so look for the same monochrome match-up from last year:

kevin-glenn-of-the-saskatchewan-roughrid

Thank God, at least on the Argos side. Look so much better with the white helmets 

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

love those white helmets

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

On June 25, 2016 at 5:15 PM, WSU151 said:

The helmet stripes still didn't match the pants stripes though.  I liked the helmets.  They need to fix the stripes on the pants.

Anything that simplifies that uniform is good.  It's so busy that you really get addition by subtraction.

"Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." Dennis Miller

Archived