2016 CFL Uniforms

docrocket

12 hours ago, Gothamite said:

Green on green would make the "S" stand out more as the contrasting and defining element.  Which sounds like a good idea to me. 

The S would definitely stand out but the majority of the logo would get lost in the background which is why I assume they've always used the silver alternate in the application.  Maybe they'll use a white outline.  

zzPEfBm.png

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 476
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 3/24/2016 at 0:35 PM, Totems!! said:

You still have a chance to see your colour in the CFL Purple if you wanna wait about 50 some years when Victoria is granted their expansion team. TIMES COLONIST headline in 2066...."Victoria Royals inaugural season begins tonight." or something like that.

Unlikely.

Victoria_Royals2139.jpg

3 hours ago, Chromatic said:

Unlikely.

Victoria_Royals2139.jpg

Took awhile but figured someone at sometime would point out the current Royals. In my futuristic fictional assumption the hockey Royals won't exist and the Purple CFL Royals will be able to roam free and wild.

Check back in 50 some years and I'll prove my prediction correct.

On 4/14/2016 at 11:53 PM, Totems!! said:

Took awhile but figured someone at sometime would point out the current Royals. In my futuristic fictional assumption the hockey Royals won't exist and the Purple CFL Royals will be able to roam free and wild.

Check back in 50 some years and I'll prove my prediction correct.

If Victoria ever gets a CFL team I'd like them to shy away from a monarchistic moniker. 

6 hours ago, Chromatic said:

If Victoria ever gets a CFL team I'd like them to shy away from a monarchistic moniker. 

Yeah I agree. no thought was put into it  just the first name that popped into my head when thinking about a purple team for Purple to look forward to rooting for. 

On 2016-04-16 at 6:41 PM, Chromatic said:

That won't ever happen. The Lions would have an issue with that for one and Victoria doesn't have a stadium to support a CFL team. There isn't even a suitable stadium to renovate or land to build one. Maybe UVic could renovate Centennial but there would most likely have to have an inclusion of a CIS team to make it work... That won't ever happen though.

I think Edmonton, Toronto, Hamilton, and Montreal got it right the last time the uniforms were redone (except for Edmonton's road helmet). I think the BC uniforms were good to keep for branding on the 2012 changeover, but I heard that they're going to be re-modeled in this next run. 

I think all of the piping uniforms will be re-done (Saskatchewan, Winnipeg, Ottawa), with Winnipeg already noting that they're going back to the 80s retro look. Based on the playoff run, I'll guess that Ottawa will have plaid on their pants. 

I'd like to see a team or two have colour away jerseys! Toronto, Hamilton, or Ottawa could do the best with this (cambridge blue, yellow, red, respectively). Possibly BC if they go back to black primary uniforms and have orange away uniforms.

I would like the Alouettes to take this opportunity to change their logo. Retire the cartoon lark, it's just bizarre that it's still hanging around.

And get rid of all the different road helmets.

21 hours ago, kiwi_canadian said:

That won't ever happen. The Lions would have an issue with that for one and Victoria doesn't have a stadium to support a CFL team. There isn't even a suitable stadium to renovate or land to build one. Maybe UVic could renovate Centennial but there would most likely have to have an inclusion of a CIS team to make it work... That won't ever happen though.

The discussion was about 50 years in the future.

A lot can happen in half a century.

The only way Victoria gets a team is if the league has money to burn & that really has never ever been the case.

Halifax & Quebec City should be priorities, in that order, not least to make the league somewhat larger enough for credibility purposes alone.

As I've said umpteen times, stop telling me stuff like CFL great in the summer & yet the real season starts on Labour Day... thusly, TSN(?), are you saying the entire summer schedule is preseason because don't shy away on my part by all means.  Grey Cup is a heritage event, yet how can I possibly get excited about the champion of 9 teams.  

cropped-cropped-toronto-skyline21.jpg?w=

@2001mark

13 minutes ago, 2001mark said:

The only way Victoria gets a team is if the league has money to burn & that really has never ever been the case.

Halifax & Quebec City should be priorities, in that order, not least to make the league somewhat larger enough for credibility purposes alone.

As I've said umpteen times, stop telling me stuff like CFL great in the summer & yet the real season starts on Labour Day... thusly, TSN(?), are you saying the entire summer schedule is preseason because don't shy away on my part by all means.  Grey Cup is a heritage event, yet how can I possibly get excited about the champion of 9 teams.  

People didn't seem to mind celebrating the champion of 9 or fewer teams for like 30 years in the NHL...

1 hour ago, kiwi_canadian said:

Still not gonna happen in 50 years. Not in that city.

58 minutes ago, 2001mark said:

Duly noted.

With the exeption of the failed test trial of US expansion contingents, there's never been any real expansion in the league's 100 years of existence. For some reason, no one minded that the league remained as small as it is, where everyone starts off with a 75% chance of making the playoffs, no matter what. An expansion would significantly help the league become more competive and give them some much needed new life. Too bad they're more likely to keep things the way they are.

On 4/17/2016 at 10:28 PM, G-tron said:

I think the BC uniforms were good to keep for branding on the 2012 changeover, but I heard that they're going to be re-modeled in this next run. 

And get rid of all the different road helmets.

The Lions badly need striping on their white helmets with matching striping on their pants. Something like this:

Thin black - Orange - Thin black. The orange and white are inverted on the away pants striping. It would be an updated look from the 80's classic design. 

I would also put the whisker dots back in the muzzle of the Mountain Lion head logo.

110% agree with discontinuing the road helmets. 

Two images posted as teaser images from the Toronto Argonauts (Argos suck, go TiCats!) Twitter showing some uniforms details.

Obviously the new CFL logo but check out the numbers on the shoulders. Double outline, almost look like the numbers from before the league wide jersey re-design. New collar design I haven't seen before either. 

26261251500_19f14e8db1_c.jpg

25931217743_16f18e4227_c.jpg

Collar looks like the ones used for the World Cup of Hockey. Maybe they're using something similar to what Michigan wore last year rather than the Techfit uniforms. There's a lot of stitching on this jersey that wasn't on the Techfit and Shockweb uniforms. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Archived