2016 CFL Uniforms

docrocket

• Replies 476
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On July 27, 2016 at 3:14 AM, Totems!! said:

With two positive comments in a row for the Alouettes uniform I think it's finally safe to out myself as a fan as well. I know it has its faults but think it's an overall good look and has always screamed Montreal to me in its uniqueness.

I like it as well. It's no small feat for a red/white/blue (or blue/white/red ;)) to use those colors in a unique way, which I believe Montreal does.

It's interesting that B.C. are still using the old helmet logo on the sideline caps.  I guess that that remains their main logo, even though it doesn't appear on their uniform.

Their white jersey looks pretty good.  I like the one-colour orange number on the white body.  Lots of light colours.  But the orange jersey with the black numbers is brutal.  The orange isn't light enough to contrast with black. The lack of white really mars that set.

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

10 hours ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

It's interesting that B.C. are still using the old helmet logo on the sideline caps.  I guess that that remains their main logo, even though it doesn't appear on their uniform.

Their white jersey looks pretty good.  I like the one-colour orange number on the white body.  Lots of light colours.  But the orange jersey with the black numbers is brutal.  The orange isn't light enough to contrast with black. The lack of white really mars that set.

It's a tramp stamp on the jerseys.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Another week with the white helmet for Montreal. I think it's just a "we wear what we want" thing right now. I don't recall it ever being officially released either. 

Hopefully they just drop the silver version. 

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

12626199.jpg

The main reason that I'm not a fan of this is because it really doesn't look like the Argonauts playing. It's more like a Tennessee Titans look. Hopefully it's an alternate jersey kind of thing and is only worn once. They lost in this combo so hopefully it steers them away from it.

57 minutes ago, G-tron said:

12626199.jpg

The main reason that I'm not a fan of this is because it really doesn't look like the Argonauts playing. It's more like a Tennessee Titans look. Hopefully it's an alternate jersey kind of thing and is only worn once. They lost in this combo so hopefully it steers them away from it.

Only thing i don't like are the blue pants with it. Make it white pants, and it's what they need to be wearing. 

Or you know, a blue helmet with the striping pattern of the whites. I just hate the all blue helmet without stripes. 

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

6 minutes ago, DNAsports said:

Has Toronto ever had a light blue alternate jersey?

from the Argos page:

Alternate worn 3 times 2007-2009

2005-Present_Alternate.jpg

1950s retro worn twice in 2008:

2005-Present_Retro_1.jpg

"Just when I thought you'd said the stupidest thing, you keep on talking" - Hank Hill

They sure have:

Not the best lay-out ever but the Argos have a site that show it here.

They've actually had 2 and a white jersey with light blue numbers.

Yeah, that white helmet with all blue doesn't look great. I'm sure white pants would solve that.  Or (as @DiePerske said) striping on the blue helmet (with a larger logo). 

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

30 minutes ago, mr.negative15 said:

They sure have:

Yeah, that white helmet with all blue doesn't look great. I'm sure white pants would solve that.  Or (as @DiePerske said) striping on the blue helmet (with a larger logo). 

The rounded numbers used from '05-'11 would look great on the current uniforms IMO.

58 minutes ago, mr.negative15 said:

They sure have:

I've been wondering how to do it, and the answer is right in front of me. Copy the blue pants striping onto the helmet.

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

26 minutes ago, DiePerske said:

I've been wondering how to do it, and the answer is right in front of me. Copy the blue pants striping onto the helmet.

Yeah, that would be the simple way and I bet it would look great!

41 minutes ago, JosiahWVU said:

Titans vs Packers CFL style

The Argos (even with the dumb pants stripe thing) look 10 times better than the Titans. Edmonton looks good too but needs TV numbers (and to dump the silly pants stripe).

3 hours ago, BJ Sands said:

The Argos (even with the dumb pants stripe thing) look 10 times better than the Titans. Edmonton looks good too but needs TV numbers (and to dump the silly pants stripe).

Sadly it's a CFL thing. Edmonton has them too

Archived