2016 CFL Uniforms

docrocket

• Replies 476
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On August 21, 2016 at 1:23 PM, G-tron said:

12626199.jpg

The main reason that I'm not a fan of this is because it really doesn't look like the Argonauts playing. It's more like a Tennessee Titans look. Hopefully it's an alternate jersey kind of thing and is only worn once. They lost in this combo so hopefully it steers them away from it.

If the Argos were wearing white pants, this would be the top look in the CFL. Blue pants makes this one of the worst (still better than either BC look or the black Stamps helmet)

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

1 hour ago, kiwi_canadian said:

Als wore the white helmets at home last night. Is this going to be a permanent thing? Looking at it now I think that if they use the white pants at home with the white helmet, the look will be OK. Silver with the white helmet makes it too cluttered.

It's cause the CFL doesn't allow the same uniform elements between teams. Ottawa normally wears all white on the road (Really wish they would stop it) and Montreal wears a light coloured helmet and pants most of the time (except the blue pant's that they wear vs Saskatchewan all the time) So Ottawa had to go with Black White Black which looks ten times better than all white.

zyyMk1d.png

14 hours ago, kiwi_canadian said:

Als wore the white helmets at home last night. Is this going to be a permanent thing? Looking at it now I think that if they use the white pants at home with the white helmet, the look will be OK. Silver with the white helmet makes it too cluttered.

They have worn the white helmets with their burgundy jerseys twice (both times against Ottawa) and silver helmets with their burgundy jerseys twice. It's too soon to tell if this is meant to be permanent, but they're definitely wearing the all white look more with the white jerseys (four white helmets, one silver helmet). This is also easily the most the Alouettes have worn white helmets since returning to the league in 1996. It's possibly because the Lions have abandoned their full time white helmet.

haha, just came here to post the same picture and say almost the exact same thing :) 

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

On 8/28/2016 at 0:28 AM, nash61 said:

If the Argos were wearing white pants, this would be the top look in the CFL. Blue pants makes this one of the worst (still better than either BC look or the black Stamps helmet)

Definitely would look better with white pants. Maybe if the pants stripes went all the way down as well, that would help the look a bit more.

The Alouettes are wearing their white helmets with away jerseys, blue pants, and blue socks for the first time this season (and ever, if I'm not mistaken). I think I would have preferred the red socks just to balance it out though.

Gallery-1.jpg

On 9/7/2016 at 8:12 PM, kw11333 said:

Seriously, why don't the Riders just switch to these full time? Their fans prefer them...

Agreed wholeheartedly. In my opinion, when the Riders wear them they're not only the best looking team in the CFL, but one of the best in all of football, period. Grey Cup history or not, putting the retro look on the back burner in favor of anything current is almost inexcusable.

Also, re: Winnipeg, they're just a road uniform shoulder yoke removal away from perfection. After a few games of seeing it action, the blue jersey is already there.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

So I was thinking about a CFL where each team had a unique colour (specifially helmet). Hmmm... this might be worth a concept.

BC: Orange
Calgary: Red
Edmonton: Yellow

Hamilton: Black
Montreal: White
Ottawa: Silver
Saskatchewan: Green
Toronto: Navy
Winnipeg: Gold

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

On 9/17/2016 at 1:56 AM, nash61 said:

So I was thinking about a CFL where each team had a unique colour (specifially helmet). Hmmm... this might be worth a concept.

BC: Orange
Calgary: Red
Edmonton: Yellow

Hamilton: Black
Montreal: White
Ottawa: Silver
Saskatchewan: Green
Toronto: Navy
Winnipeg: Gold

Swap Montreal and Ottawa and you have actual current options in the CFL right now. Good catch. Although I would never want to see Ottawa with a full-time white helmet. Or even their current white helmet, for that matter.

On 9/18/2016 at 1:58 AM, G-tron said:

Swap Montreal and Ottawa and you have actual current options in the CFL right now. Good catch. Although I would never want to see Ottawa with a full-time white helmet. Or even their current white helmet, for that matter.

I always felt the Als looked cleaner in a white helmet.

12043972.jpg

And these BC helmets are miles ahead of what they're wearing now.
crop_21182133523.jpg

http://d3ham790trbkqy.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2006/11/14031740/39585.jpg

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Archived