2016 CFL Uniforms

docrocket

22 hours ago, nash61 said:

I always felt the Als looked cleaner in a white helmet.

12043972.jpg

And these BC helmets are miles ahead of what they're wearing now.
crop_21182133523.jpg

http://d3ham790trbkqy.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2006/11/14031740/39585.jpg

I was trying to figure out what was off about that Montreal helmet, besides the silver... Good grief is that helmet logo tiny. But that silver shell is by far inferior to the white.

• Replies 476
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh yeah, Montreal is definitely best in a white helmet. Cleans up the look a lot and does wonders for the set's cohesiveness (the set still has a lot of work needed, but the helmet helps).

Although, am I the only one in the world that really likes the Al's logo? Maybe it's the cartoon-style lover in me, but I've always been cool with it.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

• 2 weeks later...

.....speaking of Montreal. 

I think we can all agree this look needs to go. On the other hand, the Argos are wearing my fave combo in the league. Not that we haven't said it before but I'll say it again, time for the Argos to just make this white helmet thier only helmet. 

(Tried to post a pic on phone, won't work. Im referring to the signature series Montreal uniform)

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

Last night, the BC Lions wore their road uniform at home against Ottawa, which is something BC never does at home. I must say, their road uniform is far better than their home one. For whatever reason the RedBlacks always wear their home uniform on the road in BC. 

On 2016-09-23 at 9:16 AM, FinsUp1214 said:

Oh yeah, Montreal is definitely best in a white helmet. Cleans up the look a lot and does wonders for the set's cohesiveness (the set still has a lot of work needed, but the helmet helps).

Although, am I the only one in the world that really likes the Al's logo? Maybe it's the cartoon-style lover in me, but I've always been cool with it.

I am also a fan ever since they returned and I started watching them.

On 9/23/2016 at 9:16 AM, FinsUp1214 said:

I'm assuming you're talking about this alternate look? If so, while I'm not fond of the uniform design, I do love the color scheme.

original.jpg

2 hours ago, Skycast said:

I'm assuming you're talking about this alternate look? If so, while I'm not fond of the uniform design, I do love the color scheme.

original.jpg

These jerseys look better than their regular set. Use a navy lid with their regular logo and go with that. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

4 hours ago, Skycast said:

original.jpg

Nah, I'm referring to the regular home and roads (especially the roads). I'm not a big fan of their alternates (nor really any alternate in the CFL for that matter, except for Saskatchewan's throwbacks).

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

On 2016-09-23 at 11:16 AM, FinsUp1214 said:

Birds don't have teeth.

On 9/22/2016 at 7:41 AM, nash61 said:

12043972.jpg

Wow, this may be one of the worst cases I've seen of a designer who can't stay on task:
- Helmet stripe with thin red stripes and thick white and blue stripes
- Pant stripe with medium blue, thin white, and thick red stripes
- Jersey just color blocks, no outlines (thank god) as are numerals
- Can't tell if the MONTREAL is red with blue outline or not but doesn't look true red

6 minutes ago, Ice_Cap said:

Birds don't have teeth.

Yeah, I definitely can't defend that :P that's certainly a change I'd make (I'd do it to Louisville, too). I guess what I'm getting at is I'm fine overall with the idea of a football-carrying cartoon bird. To me, though certainly a more modernized execution, it's not that far different in general idea from cartoon-style mascot logos of vintage eras, which I love.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

16 hours ago, hawk36 said:

Wow, this may be one of the worst cases I've seen of a designer who can't stay on task:
- Helmet stripe with thin red stripes and thick white and blue stripes
- Pant stripe with medium blue, thin white, and thick red stripes
- Jersey just color blocks, no outlines (thank god) as are numerals
- Can't tell if the MONTREAL is red with blue outline or not but doesn't look true red

Alouettes have always been one of those teams that are "so close" to having an amazing uniform...they just cannot seem to tweak it correctly. The tweaks they DO make, don't make good sense when put in the context of their overall look. Your points above illustrate that.

"This isn't just the Oregon Ducks, it's Football's Future Turf Soldier War Hero Steel Robot Tech Flex Machine Army." -CS85

On 2016-10-05 at 5:52 PM, FinsUp1214 said:

Yeah, I definitely can't defend that :P that's certainly a change I'd make (I'd do it to Louisville, too). I guess what I'm getting at is I'm fine overall with the idea of a football-carrying cartoon bird. To me, though certainly a more modernized execution, it's not that far different in general idea from cartoon-style mascot logos of vintage eras, which I love.

I would like the Als' logo if they removed the teeth and brought some consistency to the uniform's striping. As it is now? It all looks half-done and slapped together.

My ideal Alouettes logo would be something in the spirit of their 40s-60s logo. Their 425 logo is a good start. Replace the "425" with "MONTREAL" and you've got something.

The logo's an homage to the emblem used by the RCAF's 425th Squadron, known as the "Allouettes."

^ wouldn't that be fitting? I mean, I won't pretend I'm an Als expert but isn't that what they are named after? (I mean I guess technically this "edition" of the team is named after the original Alouettes.) 

You know what I mean. 

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

Did anyone see the Bachelorette Canada this week? The boys went on a football date. One team wore the Montreal white uniforms, the other wore the alternate. Two of the guys in white had the old version, but one guys wore the new version and it looked bad.

Also, they threw these men into a football pads with no one to properly fit them (as far as I could tell). It was extremely dangerous, and that show is lucky no one got seriously injured.

I hope Jasmine finds love.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
34 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

Ottawa in black and Calgary in white looks like a team scrimmage instead of the Grey Cup. Just horrible to have 3 teams wearing the same uniform design in a pro league.

Just horrible to have 3 teams wearing the same horrible uniform design in a pro league.

Archived