2016 CFL Uniforms

docrocket

• Replies 476
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In the second image, the orange stripe looks sewed on, which would mean that black is the base colour. I think they've gone monochrome black.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

44 minutes ago, BigBubba said:

In the second image, the orange stripe looks sewed on, which would mean that black is the base colour. I think they've gone monochrome black.

The torso looks pretty orange-y.  The area around the ribs has the same tone as the orange sleeve stripe.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I don't know about this new Lions uniform. From the teaser, it seems that there's orange on one side of the jersey, while the rest is black. If they do go all black, it may be a decent look, and I hope it will be, however, I think of it this way. They are the only orange team in the CFL, and I think they need to continue owning orange. Hamilton wears black, Ottawa wears black, Calgary has had a black third jersey for many years, Saskatchewan has even had a black jersey. In a nine-team league, BC has a truly unique identity because they are the only team that wears orange. As a Lions fan, I'm a little pissed off because orange IS what makes us stand out in the CFL. Here's what they said when they updated their jerseys four years ago: "Orange is our colour and our fans have indicated that they do not want us to tinker with that,” said club president and CEO Dennis Skulsky. “Our look continues to be unique among the rest of the teams in the league and our only change is the removal of the black ribbing on both the home and away jersey.

They said that about owning orange four years ago. What happened? What about now? 

12 hours ago, Chewbacca said:

I don't know about this new Lions uniform. From the teaser, it seems that there's orange on one side of the jersey, while the rest is black. If they do go all black, it may be a decent look, and I hope it will be, however, I think of it this way. They are the only orange team in the CFL, and I think they need to continue owning orange. Hamilton wears black, Ottawa wears black, Calgary has had a black third jersey for many years, Saskatchewan has even had a black jersey. In a nine-team league, BC has a truly unique identity because they are the only team that wears orange. As a Lions fan, I'm a little pissed off because orange IS what makes us stand out in the CFL. Here's what they said when they updated their jerseys four years ago: "Orange is our colour and our fans have indicated that they do not want us to tinker with that,” said club president and CEO Dennis Skulsky. “Our look continues to be unique among the rest of the teams in the league and our only change is the removal of the black ribbing on both the home and away jersey.

They said that about owning orange four years ago. What happened? What about now? 

Totally agree. The only critique I have of the last orange and white set is the lack of a helmet stripe with a matching stripe on the white home pants and then orange and white inverted on the away pants. 

I'm not a fan of monochrome uniforms as a primary but it appears the Lions want to mimic the Seahawks and still market their orange the way the 'Hawks market their neon green.

Nevertheless, I long for the heyday of CFL uniforms from the late 70's and early 80's. 

12 hours ago, Chewbacca said:

What happened was when they debuted that all black look a couple of seasons ago and it took off big time. 

8 hours ago, Jarred Revolver said:

What happened was when they debuted that all black look a couple of seasons ago and it took off big time. 

You are absolutely right, and I'm glad it took off because that was one hell of an awesome uniform, however, what I really liked about it was that it was just an alternate uniform. We still had orange as our main jersey. In my opinion, their gun-metal alternate was tastefully done. It was a really cool third jersey, that brought in something completely new, while continuing to sport a traditional look. Seeing the gun-metal a few times a year was awesome. I hated it when it first came out but it has really grown on me, however, I would not like to see something like that worn every game. 

Looking forward to see all changes, but no matter how great or innovative, or vintage looking the jerseys will be, it's hard to take the CFL seriously (from a marketing standpoint) with that (INSERT EXPLETIVE) new logo...

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

The black helmets blow, but this is looking like it won't be as bad as I expected. (My expectations being somewhere around the Signature Series alternates or whatever the hell they called that crap.)

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

from the looks of the teasers looks like adidas is keeping the old tried and true jersey construction that Ripon has been using with adi/rbk for what seems like going on a couple decades...not single shock web to be seen which may indicate that they farmed out this work to a Ripon or someone else?..pure speculation on my part but it seems odd.

Archived