Penguins vs Flyers Stadium Series 2017

MigratingToast

Hey all.  I'm back.  I drafted up a concept for the 2017 outdoor game between the Penguins and Flyers in Pittsburgh.  I do not like a lot of the elements used in these jerseys simply because I dont like a lot of the stadium series templates. I feel they are a bit to modern.  However I tried to make these accurate to what the NHL might want in a stadium series jersey.  C&C is welcomed and appreciated.

Penguins Mock Up.png

Flyers mock up.png

My name is Rod and I like to party.

OMG... a giant wordmark on the wrist?  Yeah... no.  Not sure where the inspiration for that came from.

If you're bent on having multi-colored sleeves for the Flyers, I'd lose the white and make that whole panel orange.There's not really enough orange on the jersey for a team that calls that their primary color.  

Also...

1.  Make the back numbers orange.  It's their primary color and to the best of my knowledge they have no history of ever wearing anything other than orange numbers on a white sweater.  The black really makes you stare at it for a minute before realizing what team it is.

2.  Use the sweater jersey logo rather than the primary logo.  It might be on the mothership but there's plenty of threads discussing the difference (just look at a photo of any of their white sweaters for reference.)

3.  Doesn't the league do the silvery-shiny effect on the logos for these games?  If you really want some uniqueness, maybe work silver or gray in to it (maybe that wrist panel?)  They do have a (very limited) history with the color, but I actually liked it a lot with the orange and black.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

13 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

OMG... a giant wordmark on the wrist?  Yeah... no.  Not sure where the inspiration for that came from.

If you're bent on having multi-colored sleeves for the Flyers, I'd lose the white and make that whole panel orange.There's not really enough orange on the jersey for a team that calls that their primary color.  

Also...

1.  Make the back numbers orange.  It's their primary color and to the best of my knowledge they have no history of ever wearing anything other than orange numbers on a white sweater.  The black really makes you stare at it for a minute before realizing what team it is.

2.  Use the sweater jersey logo rather than the primary logo.  It might be on the mothership but there's plenty of threads discussing the difference (just look at a photo of any of their white sweaters for reference.)

3.  Doesn't the league do the silvery-shiny effect on the logos for these games?  If you really want some uniqueness, maybe work silver or gray in to it (maybe that wrist panel?)  They do have a (very limited) history with the color, but I actually liked it a lot with the orange and black.

The word mark was something different.  Kind of inspiration from Chicago's most recent jersey's.  And I see what you mean about the jersey numbers and the sleeves.  Like I said I don't necesarilly love these designs, I just feel like it's something that the NHL would do.

My name is Rod and I like to party.

Archived