LAWeaver

Flames-Really love this set. The flames on the helmet worked great for the Titans and they work well here. Only criticism is that I'd love to see the primary C logo somewhere, possibly replacing the horse on the chest or even on the back of the helmet like Oregon has done recently. 

Hurricanes-I agree that they could use a bit more black, but not a ton. Love the warning flags. 

Blackhawks-The jerseys are fine, but I would definitely add black pants to the set. Also, I'm not really sure if I like the white helmet for the Blackhawks. It's not bad but I think red might work better, but that's just me. A more out there helmet could have a similar head dress design as Corey Crawford's mask (possibly for a special playoff uniform concept)

Avs-Hate the Avs. Love this Uni set. Nailed it. I was wondering if you could get their unique number font to look good on a football uniform and you did it perfectly. 

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gonna give this a quick bump.

Updates probably won't come until Friday night or Saturday, so in the meantime, that should give more people the opportunity to post their feedback.

For now, I'll respond to what I've received this far:

Calgary - seems like a done deal. The C logo wouldn't work on the back of the helmet b/c, unlike Oregon's logo, the C is italicized and asymmetrical. 

Carolina - I can try to add more black, but the flag logo will have to be adjusted as it contains a hockey stick.

Chicago - black pants would probably only appear with the away set. A white-red-black setup isn't going to look good, I can tell you that. 

Avs - seems like a done deal as well. I'm not sure I can add shiny silver to the jersey. It's more of a Photoshop thing. Plus it's used so little in the jersey a change would barely be noticeable. 

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

UPDATES

CHICAGO BLACKHAWKS:

sqWHAJc.png

The black pants simply will not look good with the home uniform the way it is, but they seem to kind of work with the away uniform.

Maybe if I put it on a photo-realistic template it would look better.

CAROLINA HURRICANES:

3NziE8P.png

B631dmd.png

To be honest, I didn't really add a whole lot of black. The main thing I did was increase the spacing between the warning flags and the striping that surrounds it.

I also made the stripe on the red pants black-dominate to better resemble the striping.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Surprise! NEW CONCEPTS!

COLUMBUS BLUE JACKETS:

VaHppDm.png

ClDVShR.png

I'm pretty confident this will need an update.

The team has been using a striping style similar to the Blackhawks' style in their advertising, so I may incorporate that style into this.

Not a fan of Copperplate, so the font from the alternate jersey makes an appearance. 

The red pants wouldn't be worn often.

Potential Alternate: The team's current third. 

DALLAS STARS:

zNuMZTw.png

H4hYztl.png

This is the one team I think could pull off the shoulder loops.

I originally had the pants stripe on the helmet, but decided against it. I'm not opposed to going back. I may also apply the striping style to the shoulder loops.

Black pants wouldn't be worn often.

Potential Alternate: Either black or a throwback to the star-based design of the late 90's.

DETROIT RED WINGS:

5y2ZFYr.png

ldoUAxg.png

HOLD YOUR FIRE. In the era of simplicity, the complex pattern of the Red Wings' logo wouldn't look good shrunk down onto a helmet. I tried making the wings the striping pattern like the Philadelphia Eagles, but I felt it didn't look good on a red helmet and didn't want to go to a white helmet (got enough of those already).

The Primary logo does appear on the pants, though, while the Flying D logo from this year's Stadium Series sweaters appears on the helmet & chest.

The striping pattern is as simple as it gets. No explanation needed.

Potential Alternate: Something involving a faux-leather helmet and vintage white.

EDMONTON OILERS:

rhXWIkY.png

ze5km6Y.png

For those wanting an orange Ducks helmet, I give you the Edmonton Oilers.

Simple Look for the Oilers: Orange helmet, blue/white jerseys, and orange pants.

Striping is a simple copy from their current sweaters.

The oil drop from the primary logo makes an appearance as the chest logo for both jerseys.

Potential Alternate: Orange jersey, white pants. 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Up next: Florida, Los Angeles (w/ color change), Minnesota (YAY!), and Montreal (w/ a logo change).

As always, C+C is always appreciated. 

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

I have no complaints with any of the new 4. They're all sharp and designs that make sense. But I do have two tweaks I'd like to see:

1. Use of pants stripe on the shoulders for Dallas.

2. Blue or white pants for the Oilers as an option. Think Floria Gators here....

Detroit and Columbus need no updates, though.

new_orleans_krewe_player_sig___qb_donny_

Blue Jackets-I love that you used their third jersey font with their primary colors. I'd love to see the actual Blue Jackets do that. This set still needs a little something more, but I'm not sure what that is. Maybe using a script across the chest instead of the logo? Or using their cannon logo somewhere. 

Stars-Really nice look. 

Red Wings-I think the logo from their recent stadium series fits the helmet perfectly. The striping is fine, but I wonder what it would look like if the entire cap were white/red, kinda like it is with their actual jersey (think what the New York Jets wear but red and white). Either way, really nice look.

Oilers-Perfect 

The lack of comments are discouraging, but I'll carry on with some updates.

I want to thank the few who have consistently been offering their comments & critiques. 

UPDATES:

COLUMBUS BLUE JACKETS:

s6ZO3GX.png

zL8auOc.png

GkOH6VL.png

Went in a new direction with this update. The original striping was based on the shoulder/sleeve striping on their current uniforms.

This striping pattern is based on the striping pattern used in their promotional items such as the pregame artwork.

Went with the sublimited cannon idea @EBrooksUncut offered and thought it looked pretty good. 

Decided to go with the cannon logo on the helmet as well over the primary logo.

DALLAS STARS:

sYYTeNK.png

eYlgBCi.png

Went with the double striping pattern on the shoulder loops and put it back on the helmet so there's one striping pattern used throughout the package.

DETROIT RED WINGS:

5GIEtDg.png

Only updated the away uniform to make the sleeve caps red with a red stripe to resemble the team's away uniform.

EDMONTON OILERS:

rhgjOZO.png

uY7tN4Y.png

Simply added a blue and white pants option to the set. Not completely sold on it, but in real life, I would hope they'd use the orange pants 75%, the white 20%, and the blue 5%.

Had to reconsider my Florida Panthers concept after the Columbus update. So many teams use that style of striping, I'm trying to come up with something new.

I may push them back to the end of the series and bump up Nashville. 

Before I post them, I'd really appreciate it if I could get some more feedback on these. 

21 hours ago, KittSmith_95 said:

The cannon idea and new pants stripe looks great for Lumbus, as do all the updates. 

As for Florida, I wouldn't mind seeing you use yokes like the Titans do.

That would be a good idea... if I hadn't already used it for a certain team from eastern Pennsylvania ;) don't worry, I'll think of something. In the meantime, here's the 4th round of concepts!

LOS ANGELES KINGS - WITH OPTIONS:

Black & Silver:

V9sH7IE.png

Xzna7VE.png

Purple and Gold:

nuKbesW.png

rUmBKEU.png

I will post an update for whichever is selected featuring an away jersey.

The helmet & pants stripe is based on the banner from the now-old primary logo

The crown has been altered slightly, removing the hockey sticks and drop-shadows from the "gems". 

The chest logo is an interlocking LA in the team's font.

MINNESOTA WILD:

hLBH7d2.png

A7Fje0I.png

This just might be my favorite concept I've ever made.

The helmet features a satin finish.

The team's inaugural number font is perfect for a football uniform, so they make a triumphant return here.

Sleeves/sleeve caps feature a tree line just like the primary logo.

MONTREAL CANADIENS:

txGRaEq.png

7D7PaHm.png

1qkwx3V.png

The logo change was necessary as the H in the original logo stands for hockey.

The H was simply replaced with an M for Montreal.

The home and road are different like the team's sweaters. The home features the chest stripe while the road features the double striping.

NASHVILLE PREDATORS:

AXjNJwB.png

R6sWnc9.png

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLD!

The Predators take the place of Florida for this set of concepts. Expect Florida to be posted towards the end.

I knew that since the team has a gold home sweater, I wanted the football Predators to have a gold jersey as well.

The six strings from the numbers also appear on the sleeve caps.

Like the away numbers, the away sleeve caps feature gold strings.

Up next: New Jersey, Both New York teams, and Ottawa.

Let me know what you guys think! :) 

Kings: I'd prefer the black and silver. The team has had the most success with those colours. And Gretzky wore them, which is a big bonus. (I know this is football, but for the sake of a crossover)

Habs: Flawless. Except continue the chest stripe to the back.

Wild: Flawless.

Preds: Ehh. It's good, but there's some inconsistency. The small white lines of the shoulder don't blend well with the bold stripes on the helmet and pants. Maybe do what Syracuse does with small stripes...

image.thumb.jpeg.cba3f4f9ae8ca24a98bd3c4

(look closely at the numbers...)

Kings- Black and Silver, easily. Perfect unis.

Wild- Easily a beautiful set.... and we have a Colour Rush set in the NHL-NFL! Awesome.

Habs- Chest stripes needs ta go. Looks too hokey, and yes, I know these are the Habs. It doesn't feel football, though.

Preds- Back to the drawing board here. You could've done so much here! This feels like a cop out. This is a team that deserves to be ultra-modern, IMO. Using the Piping from the set they have now.... and the thick pant stripe would've also been cool. You could've made the Preds ultra modern, but classy. Instead, it feels like they're trying way too hard to be a classic team.

new_orleans_krewe_player_sig___qb_donny_

Guest darkpiranha

I kinda love the Canadiens, especially the M.  Agree that the chest stripe should go all the way around, but it'll be difficult the way you have the back numbers currently.  For an alternate helmet, I'd love to see how/if Ken Dryden's mask design could be incorporated.

For the Kings, why not have both?  Let the Black and Silver be home, with the purple and gold be on the road (but gold as the jersey color, not purple).  I personally love it when teams have unique uniform concepts for specific situations.   

Archived