LAWeaver

Hello and welcome to the third installment of my "Yet Another" Series of concepts! Previously, I tackled the NFL and an MLB-to-Football Crossover series.

Today, I bring to you "Yet Another Crossover Series" (YACS, for short), this time being an NHL-to-Football crossover. 

Credit to Conrad for the fonts and several others as references for the template.

One thing I do ask from you as the community is some honest comments, criticism, etc. One-liners such as "kewl concepts do Team X next" will not be replied to and, quite frankly, are not helpful. Before anyone asks, I will post alternate uniforms after all the main jerseys have been posted, just like with the MLB Crossover thread. 

Without further ado, here are the first four teams in alphabetical order, starting with the...

ANAHEIM DUCKS:

zpv27JG.png

rcfqepO.png

Not too much to say about the Ducks. The reason for the logo change was because I felt the bronze/gold muddied up the look, so I cleaned it up by putting white in its place and limiting the bronze/gold to just being a trim color. The jersey striping is loosely based on the team's orange alternate. 

Potential alternate: Definitely a Mighty Ducks throwback, though expect the MD logo to be used and not the duck mask logo.

ARIZONA COYOTES:

g6AkMM8.png

eseCn1f.jpg

For the longest time, I couldn't for the life of me figure out what I was going to do with this team. I thought about using the state flag as inspiration but I already did that with my Arizona Cardinals concept in my NFL thread. So, I looked at the team's uniform history. The answer lied within the team's inaugural set. So, I used the striping as inspiration in this fauxback-style package. The home uniform didn't look good with the maroon or white pants, but the road did, so I limited those pants options to the road jersey. 

Potential alternate: Throwback to the 90's alternate w/ the desert scene. 

BOSTON BRUINS:

eAgyZ8I.png

oE4oVcw.png

I almost went with brown over black and I still might by going back and changing out the two. Nonetheless, I'm happy with how this came out. The numbers looked better with only one outline rather than two like the actual uniforms, so I ran with it. The logo on the jersey is placed similarly to how the Steelers place their logos, being off to the side rather than the center of the chest. Not much else to say as this is one of the cleaner sets in the series.

Potential alternate: Either a 30's throwback or a brown version of this set. 

BUFFALO SABRES:

Ahh2nZB.png

pcpplXi.png

Man, if the Sabres were a football team, Buffaslug wouldn't have been received so harshly... okay, maybe it would have. BUT, it would've looked much better on a football helmet. For this set, classic meets modern. With the lack of white in the set, the buffalo had to be either gold or silver. As you can see, I chose gold. The jersey striping is a mishmash of the royal alternate and the current home. The crossed swords worked extremely well as a chest logo. I'm not sold on the buffalo and I'm considering recoloring the old black-and-red buffalo

Potential alternate: A Royal blue version of the updated set shown below.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Up next: Flames, Hurricanes, Blackhawks, and Avalanche. 

.As always, C+C is always appreciated. This has been a long time coming and I'm so happy I can finally share it with you all!

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, timberwolf said:

Yeah they ain't showing up for me. I'm excited to see them though.

10 minutes ago, Darknes said:

I can't see any images

Fixed it by re-uploaded them to imgur. It sucks because I uploaded the entire series to Dropbox, thinking it would work. Go figure <_< Thanks for your interest though. I appreciate it. 

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

Ducks- I feel as if the jerseys are a bit too plain and I don't like the logo being white. I would've tried making it Orange.... in fact, more orange would be a nice thing here with the whole set. Also.... don't like the pants here. I'd have made a set of pants off the ones they actually use with the thin baseball-pant like stripe.

Coyotes- The Kachina print pattern should be used on the pants, the set doesn't need the striping on the helmet and I'd have used teh running Coyote on the helmet.

Bruins- Simple and effective. Nice work.

Buffalo- Best set jersey and pant wise. Not sold on the helmet.

Can't wait to see more, though.

new_orleans_krewe_player_sig___qb_donny_

Coyotes- I would use the jersey striping on the pants, and stick to one facemask color

Ducks- try adding some color

Bruins- I would remove the outer black outline from the logo so it matches the numbers

Sabres- how about using the swords from the alt logo on the helmet like your Braves football helmet

Gonna wait until I get a bit more feedback before I post the updates. In the meantime...

18 hours ago, KittSmith_95 said:

Ducks- I feel as if the jerseys are a bit too plain and I don't like the logo being white. I would've tried making it Orange.... in fact, more orange would be a nice thing here with the whole set. Also.... don't like the pants here. I'd have made a set of pants off the ones they actually use with the thin baseball-pant like stripe.

Coyotes- The Kachina print pattern should be used on the pants, the set doesn't need the striping on the helmet and I'd have used the running Coyote on the helmet.

Bruins- Simple and effective. Nice work.

Buffalo- Best set jersey and pant wise. Not sold on the helmet.

Can't wait to see more, though.

^^^This is the type of feedback I'm looking for. 

Ducks - I'll be honest, I wasn't too sold on the striping pattern myself. I have overhauled the look completely.

Coyotes - Good call on the striping suggestions. As for the running coyote logo, I've never been a fan of it. Shrinking it down to fit on a helmet would cause it to blend in too much on the maroon helmet. The coyote head was the lesser of the two evils. I'll post the updated sets later.

15 hours ago, TVIXX said:

Coyotes- I would use the jersey striping on the pants, and stick to one facemask color

Bruins- I would remove the outer black outline from the logo so it matches the numbers

Sabres- how about using the swords from the alt logo on the helmet like your Braves football helmet

Coyotes - The different facemasks were unintentional. It was a goof on my part. I was going to go with the tan one, but the black one ties in with the black sleeve caps so much better.

Bruins - I like the logo the way it is, actually. How about I add an extra outline to the numbers so that both the B and the digits are the same?

Sabres - Allow me to bounce this off of ya, as I've applied this logo to the helmet and I think it looks pretty good. What do you guys think?

sCEo7Ma.png

I've also updated the helmet and navy pants striping to go from silver-gold-navy-gold-silver, to S-N-G-N-S.

15 hours ago, Darknes said:

I was thinking maybe the Bronze logo on maybe an Orange Helmet?

I tried it, but there wasn't enough contrast between the bronze D and the orange background. Plus, I already have two teams that are more deserving of an orange helmet (Edmonton & Philly).

I'd love to hear more from the community. Thank you to all who has commented thus far. Your C+C is greatly appreciated and it really helps!

Third jerseys will come at the end of the series, just like the MLB crossover thread (which reminds me, I need to update my Diamondbacks set).

My main goal in every series is to get the main stuff posted then, if I have time and/or the motivation, I will post the alternates and/or throwbacks.

UPDATES:

ANAHEIM DUCKS:

ECgF3CT.png

9CBZaeC.png

Swapped out the white D Logo for an orange one.

Changed the striping pattern to closely resemble what is currently on their home and away sweaters.

Added the striping pattern to the helmet.

ARIZONA COYOTES:

eat1fDo.png

3c933wR.png

Fixed the issue with the facemask.

Removed the helmet stripe.

Translated the jersey striping to the pants.

BOSTON BRUINS:

o7MMt4A.png

ptI7hWD.png

Simply added an extra outline to create consistency between the numbers and the logo.

:BUFFALO SABRES:

SBwVCWy.png

P98Y1wC.png

Old buffalo head from the late 90's/early 2000's is back, recolored and slightly modified.

The swords from that era are back as well with the same treatment, replacing the swords from the current logo.

Helmet stripe and the navy & gray pants have been updated.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The next four teams will probably be posted either early tomorrow morning or sometime Monday afternoon.

Until then, you should be able to check out the entire series already uploaded to my Imgur account. I've tried this before and it didn't work, so of you can't see anything, PM me and I'll (probably) fix it. I just tried it though and it seems to be working.

HAPPY EASTER!

what would the sabres jerseys look with their number font from their yellow alt

http://www.sportslogos.net/logos/view/453922014/Buffalo_Sabres/2014/Alternate_Uniform

Jets- what about making the helmet and pants silver to seperate them from the other blue, white looks

Capitals- yes, yes, yes

Lightning- really fealing this one

Sharks- love the logo update but not the sleeve cap on the jersey

Stars- how about making the pants striping continue on the jersey and helmet

Great job with this series so far. I really enjoyed your previous NFL and MLB/NFL crossover series and, as an avid NHL fan, I am really excited about this series. I'll try to give suggestions for each team, even though I really like what you already have:

Anaheim-So I've been back and forth between the original one you posted and the updated one and I honestly can't decide which I prefer. I like both a lot; I think that I like the updated jerseys more but I like the helmet with the white logo more than the orange. The updated Anaheim set looks a lot like Oregon State.

Arizona- The 'Yotes set looks great. Love that you brought back that retro striping. It's something I wish the actual team would do. I wonder if that would work well as a helmet stripe too (perhaps subliminated) or if that would be too overkill. Either way, excellent job.

Boston-Perfect. Great job maintaining that classic Bruins identity across sports, while also throwing a nod to the classic Steelers look. 

Buffalo-Really like your second logo for them much more than the first. The first one looked too much like North Dakota State's logo. The jerseys/pants are perfect, but I'm still not completely sold on the helmet. I'm typically not a big fan of the oversized logo fad that we see in college, but I think it could work here. Or even bigger logo on one side with numbers on the other, maybe metallic silver numbers with gold outline. It's a more crazy idea. Otherwise, I think their current logo could work too, possibly on a white helmet.

Keep it up! Can't wait to see the Wild.

Looks like Boston & Arizona are locks. I'm going to stick with Anaheim for now, but I may come back to it later. 

@TVIXX, that's a good idea, but I can't seem to find the font in Conrad's thread. If anyone happens to have it, shoot me a message. 

@EBrooksUncut, I appreciate the ideas for both Arizona and Buffalo, but A.) As you said, the Kachina pattern on the helmet would be overkill, and B.) I have another blue-and-gold team that will be using an oversized logo and number on their helmet. However, they won't be up until late in the series. You're more than welcome to go to my Imgur account (loganalanweaver.imgur.com) and look at them if you'd like :)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

CALGARY FLAMES:

9O3kso9.png

ywHEMyT.png

Okay, so I'll admit, I kinda cheated on this one. The flames are recycled from my Tennessee Titans concept. The flames from that concept seemed to work much better than the flames on Calgary's primary logo. Other than that, there's not much else to say about this except for the fact that I used the team's alternate numbers rather than their italicized ones because, honestly, I don't like italicized numbers. In fact, I think they only work for one team, and that would be Winnipeg, which you will see at the end of the series.

Potential alternate: 80's throwback. 

CAROLINA HURRICANES:

zjtTwAb.png

57kkvwO.png

Warning flags make a triumphant return on the helmet and jersey. I didn't include them on the pants because I felt that would be overkill, similar to Arizona's Kachina pattern.

The pants stripes are a reminiscent of Ohio State, but that's not really a bad thing.

I'm one of those people who hate gray facemasks, but in this case, I think it works.

Potential Alternate: either a blackout, throwback to their Hartford days, or both. 

CHICAGO BLACKHAWKS:

FftfaC7.png

U9IBKmZ.png

The first of about five teams to feature a white helmet. For Chicago, a simple translation of the hem stripes on the sweaters to the uniforms was obvious.

The outline of the helmet logo was slightly enhanced with it being shrunk down to such a small size. The C logo appears on the chest of the jersey.

Potential alternate: B&W throwback. 

COLORADO AVALANCHE:

d7NMzLs.png

F1pIeh2.png

h53on8l.png

This is one of my favorite ones, right up there with Buffalo and Minnesota. 

A logo change was needed as you can't have a hockey puck appear on a football uniform. 

The mountain range striping from the team's original set appears on the jersey stripes while a clean northwestern-style striping pattern appears on the helmet & pants. 

Shiny silver pants & helmet (not chrome) were originally going to be blue but I got tired of the colored helmets and decided to buck the trend.

The new C logo that appears on the shoulders of the sweaters moves to the chest and has been recolored to blue for the home uniform.

Potential alternate: Quebec throwback.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Up next: Columbus, Dallas, Detroit (with a few surprises), and Edmonton. 

As always, C&C is greatly appreciated! Once again, Happy Easter!

Calgary- Nailed it. This set is downright beautiful..... I don't care if you copied your Titans concept! Not one update is needed.

Carolina- More black (perferrably on the sleeves) and I'd like to see what the flag logo would look like on the helmet instead. Unsure about the helmet stripe, and I like the grey facemask here too.

Chicago- 100% perfection. Not one update, except maybe black pants?

Colorado- Makes me think of the Alouettes and I adore them, but I'd add the metallic silver to the jerseys as well. It feels odd that it's used everywhere except the jerseys.

Can't wait to see updates and the next 4 teams.

new_orleans_krewe_player_sig___qb_donny_

Archived