DTConcepts

Fresh off my NY Islanders by Adidas set, I'm back with a new Colorado Avalanche by Adidas project! The logos are essentially the same, just the Rockies-esque logo from this year is eliminated. The navy sticks around as a secondary color, bringing a double blue to the Avs.

Pres1.thumb.png.aa16c41a836d4f05727830b7

The home and away feature the navy blue as the new main color, relegating burgundy to an accent. The mountain striping returns, and pays homage to the Rocky Mountains the team is named for. The Colorado C stays on the shoulders, as a symbol that the Avalanche represent the entire state of Colorado.

56f6969745045_AvsHomePres.thumb.png.bdf2

56f696a419f37_AvsAwayPres.thumb.png.b1bc

The alternate is also based off of the Colorado flag, with the C at the center of a white line. The steel blue and burgundy colors return as the main colors for the set.

56f696aef2e7b_AvsAltPres.thumb.png.b6a07

Well there ya go! Rip 'em apart!

Well, they are a vast improvement over your previous attempts.

My main problem with the jerseys is that they look an awful lot like the Vancouver Canucks from 1997-2007. Even the 3rd sweater looks like it was inspired by the Canucks alternate from 2001-2006.Thankfully it isn't gradient, but there is a resemblance.

My second problem is that burgundy is regulated to a secondary color. There are plenty of teams that wear blue as a primary color, only one has used burgundy. It is, and always has been their main color, let's keep it that way. It distinguishes them from other teams and helps establish an identity. Burgundy is part of what makes them unique.

In terms of design, the stripes on the arms of the home and away should be thicker, each color will be hard to distinguish if they remain that thin. Also as I said before, some numbers would really help complete the look. If you're going give a presentation of your work, it would help if you polished it up a bit.

One more suggestion, I get that you're trying to make it somewhat authentic by adding the Adidas stripes on the sides, but they really hurt the design. If you're intent on keeping them, I would suggest making them a little thinner and adding some color to them. They might not be so garish if they were steel blue on the home and silver on the road jerseys. Maybe the alternate could have navy stripes on the sides or something.

One more thing, make sure you never have navy and burgundy against each other. Since there's no contrast between them they tend to blend into each other. If you want one to stand out from the other, they need to be separated with white or silver.

Archived