72Freebie's CHL Redesign(Victoria Royals added 60/60 FINISHED)

72freebie

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The next team is the Peterborough Petes. I am glad that this team switched to a new set of jerseys because the old ones really weren't that great. I am also a fan of the new color scheme. I tried to utilize the black a little more but still balance all of the colors out. I really like the cream jersey at home so I kept that. The third uses the old color scheme and is basically what I would have like to seen when they used to use those colors.

Peterborough Petes

Petersborough.png

qG3b3mu.pngK0Kq4L6.pnglSDF7kP.png

Next is the Saginaw Spirit. The teams current jerseys are not bad by any means but there is nothing that stands out about them. They are just generic striping and yoke fills that could really work for any team. I went a little outside the box and used some really nice white and red striping along with lots of stars. I didn't want the stars to stand out too much so I got inspiration from team USA and sublimated them so that they are visible but don't stand out too much. The third jersey is a new type of design I wanted to try out with curved at stripes that turn into a chest stripe. I am pretty happy with how it turned out.

Saginaw Spirit

Saginaw.png

Next up is the Sarnia Sting. This team reminds me of Owen Sound because they switched up their logo a couple of years ago and really tried to simplify and modernize it. The current logo is a decent shoulder logo but should have never been assigned to primary status. I brought back the old bee with the hockey stick because I think that it is a sweet logo. I used a very unique side panel design with some bee stripes that I think would suit the team perfectly. The third jersey uses a log that I made that is supposed to be a modernization of their original logo from the 90's. I went with a grey jersey to also symbolize this.

Sarnia Sting

Sarnia.png

Love the Spirit. The Sting home and away are great but the alternate being gray really caught me off guard. The alternate currently used is bright, yellow and has a bee striping pattern and I prefer it much more than the grey used here. It's good by all means but I just prefer the current one.

Next is the Sault St. Marie Greyhounds. I really like the teams logo but they currently wear red wings clones with their signature 4 stars on the front. The jerseys they had before were much better and gave them some of their own identity. In my concept I brought back the grey from the past, they are the GREYhounds after all. I put the stars in a chest stripe just so it wasn't as crammed with them below the shoulders. The third jersey uses the shoulder logo that I made on a grey jersey that has some simple but effective striping.

Soo Greyhounds

Soo.png

Great stuff here Freebie. I haven't been on the board for a bit but i had a nice surprise when I saw that you're doing the entire CHL so thanks for that and keep em coming. Two thumbs up on that Soo third.

Up next is the Sudbury Wolves. This team easily has the worst logo in the league and it looks like it belongs in a childrens coloring book rather than on a jersey. They have a pretty decent wolf head logo on their third jersey but the jersey itself is pretty bland. I made this logo the primary and changed the black to a darker shade of blue. The home and away are very simple but I feel that it works well with this color scheme. On the third jersey, I once again brought bck the black and used a paw print logo on the front. I went with a modern/claasic hybrid on this with the striping clashing into the lower arm design.

Sudbury Wolves

Sudbury.png

Next up is the last OHL team in the series. The Windsor Spitfires. I am a big fan of all of this teams logo and I think that they have one of the best brands in the league. That being said, i think that their jerseys are atrocious. They have way to much color in big chunks and no actual striping. It is another terrible example of a reebok template. I went for a very unique design that spikes in the middle and I also integrated silver into the color scheme so it fits the plane. The third jersey uses a part of their current alternate logo on a jersey with large stripes on the arm and yoke.

Windsor Spitfires

Windsor.png

That Spitfires alternate is a beauty.

The only thing I would like to see different would be to add a blue stripe on the top end of the striping pattern on the sleeves and the socks, just to match the yoke a bit more. But that's just my preference.

Sudbury's home and away are awesome. I really hope they go for a more traditional, clean look like this.

Great work.

The first team in the QMJHL is the Acadie-Bathurst Titan. I really love this teams color scheme because it just works togetehr so well. They wear simple jerseys with double arm striping and the colors just make it look great. I also love their sand bronze colored helmet so I made sure to keep it. I went for a new design with a long yoke that comes all the way across the collar. The third jersey uses the really nice word mark on a sand jersey and a unique arm design.

Acadie-Bathurst Titan

Acadie Bathurst.png

On 21/05/2016 at 0:58 PM, A_J_H said:

Love the Sudbury Wolves set, their alternate logo is so underrated, it should be their main logo.

As a Sudbury native, I agree. That current primary needs to go in the dustbin of history.

Next team up is the Baie-Comeau Drakkar. This team used Calgary flames jersey clones for most of its existence. while I don't like it when teams of this, I sure wish that this team would have stuck with it because even the flames terrible jerseys now are better than what the Drakkar currently wear. In my opinion they wear one of the worst examples of the Reebok edge templates being used. They use different templates for the home and road jersey and each are equally bad in terms of color balance and design. I went back to simple striping with my concept, not focusing on the black as much as they have before and focusing more on the red and white. The third jersey is a two color jersey with a d logo that was in their 10'th anniversary logo. I think that this team really needs to simplify and steer away from the edge system for good.

Baie-Comeau Drakkar

Baie Comeau.png

Archived