the St Louis Cardinals are my baseball team and they have always looked good to great as far as I'm concerned. However I was pretty disappointed when they emoted the blue hats to "alternate" status a few years ago and added the unnecessary cream St Louis alt. If the Cardinals must messa round with their look, I would like to see them do something like this:

56fac1823ca19_stlouiscardinalspresentati

There aren't many huge changes here. The biggest changes are probably the addition of an updated Sluggerbird sleeve patch, and the tweaked logos with yellow eyes as a throwback to previous iterations of the Birds on the Bat. I also removed the front numbers because I think baseball uniforms generally look better without them. I love the way the Cardinals have looked throughout their history when they wear a blue cap with a red bill, so it has become the primary cap and a red bird-on-bat cap would be the home Sunday cap.

The changes are pretty straight forward and simple, but I think they do improve upon a look that is already very very good. Please let me know what you thing, I would love to ear some C&C. Thanks for taking the time to have a look. 

Thanks, appreciate the comment. I've been sitting on these for a while so I figured I might as well show another one. Here's the Cincinnati Reds. This time I have included an alternate uniform and batting practice jersey.

56fb1d4a8e002_cincinnatiredspresentation

56fb1d4738660_cincinnatiredspresentation

I removed all of the black from the uniforms, except for the Mr. Redlegs sleeve patch. I kept their current font sans drop-shadow because I really like the old-timey vibe it gives off. The double piping on the placket also recalls the past in the way it crosses over itself on the front of the jersey. I included a white hat and vest as a home alternate and a simple red BP jersey with a new REDS script across the front and a Mr. Redlegs cap. I was going for addition by subtraction here, with the idea that simpler is better in mind. Thanks for taking a look and I'd appreciate any and all feedback.

I don't know, maybe. I have a couple more teams that I finished a while ago and just never posted. I'll probably post them, but I don't specifically have plans to do the entire MLB. I appreciate your interest, though

Okay well here is one more team that I have finished, the San Diego Padres. The Padres are boring and cannot seem to decide what they want to look like. I decided to both pull some inspiration from the past and move forward with their look at the same time.

56fc739de8803_sandiegopadrespresentation

56fc73a35d812_sandiegopadrespresentation

Brown is back for the Padres, this time with sky blue and gold. I went with an old school approach to the logo, bringing back the swinging Friar and a roundel. The swinging Friar also appears on the home and away uniforms as a sleeve patch. This is probably an unpopular opinion, but I think the Padres were on to something with the sand road unis, so I brought that back back. The uniform script is inspired by the type one might see on a post card, considering San Diego is a popular vacation destination.

Does the color scheme work? What does everybody think about the logo? Thanks for taking a look and please feel free to offer C&C on the Padres or any of the three concepts. Thanks again for your time.  

Appreciate the comments guys. Here is another one for everyone's viewing pleasure, the Seattle Mariners.

56fd4b180b491_seattlemarinerspresentatio

56fd498a54c42_seattlemarinerspresentatio

New all around for the Mariners. I started with the colors and the logos for the Mariners. I began to take a good, hard look at the Mariners logos and realized that I didn't like them very much so I decided to go with something a bit simpler and fresher than the relatively boring roundel that is currently the team's primary logo, by making the compass rose more prominent.  I also think the teal is a bit dreary so I lightened it up a bit to contrast the navy blue better. Once again, I drew some some inspiration from the past with the lowercase wordmarks, which I think are a nice little quirk.

Thanks for taking a look and I would appreciate any comments. 

I love what you did with the Mariners.  My only critiques would be that A. from a distance, the S in the cap logo starts to look less like a S and more like two hooks jutting out, and B. the compass rose gets lost on the teal cap.  Beyond that, love the new shade of teal, and the lowercase lettering is a unique touch.  I also really like what you did with the Padres - the light blue/sand gives off a beach vibe, and the cartoony wordmark matches as well.  My only question is what would a light blue hat look like with the home alt?  All in all, though, great work on these!

spacer.png

Drink water and try to have fun!

Not a fan of your Mariners logo redesign but find the "northwest green" dominance very appealing. The sleeve striping is great as are the numbers and throwback lettering. As a long time M's fan I give you my official stamp of approval. Very nice job.

Here's another one, haven't had time to make the tweaks suggested, but I'll try to get them posted. Today I've got the Tampa Bay Rays, who currently sport one of the most boring uniforms in MLB.

5701cf9042cdc_TampaBayRayspresentation.p

I basically wanted to do something fun and colorful for the Rays, so we have gradients and a bright blue color scheme with a touch of green. Also as you can see, the sting ray is back and the the sun ray motif is history.

Thanks for taking the time to look and I'd appreciate any comments. 

Archived