Sign in to follow this  
smzimbabwe

New Finland hockey jerseys

vman    28

These look like they're for their exhibition matches before the World Championships. They'll still be wearing their Nike jerseys at the actual WC.

smzimbabwe    98
27 minutes ago, vman said:

These look like they're for their exhibition matches before the World Championships. They'll still be wearing their Nike jerseys at the actual WC.

The article said they'll have them for their first game, and it went on to talk about how a local company did them because of the contracts in place for the Olympics and World Cup, they could do them for this. Not quite sure, I ran it through a translation program, so some nuances of the article may be missing to me. I still think they look better than the World Cup ones

Beantown77    12
4 minutes ago, smzimbabwe said:

The article said they'll have them for their first game, and it went on to talk about how a local company did them because of the contracts in place for the Olympics and World Cup, they could do them for this. Not quite sure, I ran it through a translation program, so some nuances of the article may be missing to me. I still think they look better than the World Cup ones

These are for the upcoming IIHF World Championships to be held during the NHL playoffs.

Warrior branding inside the collar above the laces.

vman    28
1 hour ago, smzimbabwe said:

Can you give me a link to the article? Nike is still an official tournament sponsor of the World Championship, and has the contract for major IIHF tournaments at the elite level, so I find it hard to believe that the Finns would be allowed to wear Warrior products for anything other than exhibition games and non-IIHF sanctioned events. A lot of the European teams have these secondary jerseys for such games. They're currently playing in the Euro Hockey Challenge, which might be the tournament these are slated for.

EDIT: According to this article, my suspicions are correct. These are for the Euro Hockey Challenge (which they started against Slovakia today), and other unsanctioned events. They will continue to use jerseys by other manufacturers for the World Cup, World Championships, etc.

nash61    850

So that's what Simon Pegg is doing these days...