Sportsworth

I really like the logo. It's clean and in some ways tells a story too. Stunning!

While I see all the comments about adding blue into it, I'm not sure if you need to. But I wouldn't mind seeing a version with blue, just to compare.

VHj90kn.png

On 4/7/2016 at 6:16 PM, Sportsworth said:

Had this concept completed for a while but never added color to it until now due to other concepts I got into. Here's a Whaler to represent the Hartford Whalers. Please don't compare him to the Islanders Fisherman logo (which I happened to love by the way) Also look for the upside down whale tail in the logo on his hat as a nod to the original logo. What do you all think? Comments and critique wanted.

Whaler Whalers Logo.png

Insanely good...I have to agree on the wordmark, while i understand what you were going for It just doesn't work for me, but i am also in the minority I don't think it needs blue I like the color scheme as it stands now

Kings Cross AFC -BIP, Winnipeg Falcons - TNFF, St. Louis Archers - MLF

On 7. April 2016 at 1:16 AM, Sportsworth said:

Had this concept completed for a while but never added color to it until now due to other concepts I got into. Here's a Whaler to represent the Hartford Whalers. Please don't compare him to the Islanders Fisherman logo (which I happened to love by the way) Also look for the upside down whale tail in the logo on his hat as a nod to the original logo. What do you all think? Comments and critique wanted.

Whaler Whalers Logo.png

Very, very good. It's just the linework here and there (beard) that could be improved. I also think that this logo doesn't necessarily need blue in order to shine.

What I don't like a bit is the entire wordmark. The water effect idea is okay, but too complex for this purpose.That's why I would ditch it. Same goes for the italic typo for this front view rendition of the whaler, including the underline. It just doesn't look good in my view because it's not harmonizing with the front view of his face.

Never argue with an idiot! They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.––George Carlin

I love it. To me, it would have fallen in perfectly in the 90's with the Burger Kings logo and the Islanders fisherman...I realize some people might read that and think it's an insult, but I actually really liked those logos. They were something different, and for that reason I think they worked.

I've been thinking about putting together a Whalers set and I have a template that fits in the same vein as those alternates, would you mind if I used your logo? 

On 4/11/2016 at 2:16 AM, Axe said:

I really like the logo. It's clean and in some ways tells a story too. Stunning!

While I see all the comments about adding blue into it, I'm not sure if you need to. But I wouldn't mind seeing a version with blue, just to compare.

I will do a blue version to compare but I like the green better and thank you! 

On 4/8/2016 at 10:40 PM, ujju2 said:

Love it! If they were ever to return, I would want them to use the old logo, but on its own, this is fantastic. Wouldn't be much of a concept just posting the old logo lol. Great work!

Thank you! Yes I agree the old logo is a classic and I would hope they would use it unlike the awful current Winnipeg Jets logo which I loath lol. 

On 4/11/2016 at 3:11 AM, dwertman said:

Insanely good...I have to agree on the wordmark, while i understand what you were going for It just doesn't work for me, but i am also in the minority I don't think it needs blue I like the color scheme as it stands now

Yes I like the green better... Its a nod to the original uniforms although I did like the blue green and gray whalers jersey much better but for this logo I liked the green over blue. 

43 minutes ago, tkosty said:

I love it. To me, it would have fallen in perfectly in the 90's with the Burger Kings logo and the Islanders fisherman...I realize some people might read that and think it's an insult, but I actually really liked those logos. They were something different, and for that reason I think they worked.

I've been thinking about putting together a Whalers set and I have a template that fits in the same vein as those alternates, would you mind if I used your logo? 

Thank you and yes I also liked the islanders fisherman logo (better then their original). As far as the burger king, it was sloppy to me and could have been better. You can use my logo on jerseys as long as you link me and give me credit but don't do it yet, when I get home later I'm reposting it with a gray on the hat to match the gray on his beard.. I had just realized I used a tad bit lighter gray on his hat then I did on the beard and so I'm gonna change it up today and repost it... Once I do I will contact you and you can use it! 

4 hours ago, Sportsworth said:

Thank you and yes I also liked the islanders fisherman logo (better then their original). As far as the burger king, it was sloppy to me and could have been better. You can use my logo on jerseys as long as you link me and give me credit but don't do it yet, when I get home later I'm reposting it with a gray on the hat to match the gray on his beard.. I had just realized I used a tad bit lighter gray on his hat then I did on the beard and so I'm gonna change it up today and repost it... Once I do I will contact you and you can use it! 

For sure, whenever it's ready. 

8 hours ago, Sportsworth said:

Thank you! Yes I agree the old logo is a classic and I would hope they would use it unlike the awful current Winnipeg Jets logo which I loath lol. 

That, however, is one place where we differ, in that I don't mind the Jets current logo. The original Jets logo, though iconic, always felt odd. Not sure why. Great work on the logo!

• 3 months later...

Archived