2016 NHL Playoffs, Rite of Spring: "You thought God was an architect"

ninersdd

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Plenty of clusters of seats empty at the Tank tonight. Very disappointed in my Sharks brothers and sisters. 

"And then I remember to relax, and stop trying to hold on to it, and then it flows through me like rain and I can't feel anything but gratitude for every single moment of my stupid little life... You have no idea what I'm talking about, I'm sure. But don't worry... you will someday." 

6 minutes ago, Alex Houston said:

Plenty of clusters of seats empty at the Tank tonight. Very disappointed in my Sharks brothers and sisters. 

Yeah I know. Imagine if the Hawks or Wings were the opponent, those empty seats would be replaced by red.

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

28 minutes ago, Alex Houston said:

They thought the season would be over by now.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

41 minutes ago, Alex Houston said:

Saw it on Twitter. That's one playoff atmosphere that lacks enthusiasm.

The more I watch San Jose, the more they seem like they've figured out what it takes to get the job done. Just those little things, such as Couture's crossing the red line before shooting at the empty net. I don't know how many times this year, I'd watch the Kings try and shoot the puck from their side of the red line and miss the net only to have it be an iceing and they had plenty of time to go that three feet to cross the line and avoid the icing.

Fortunately, the team found their legs and managed to pull off a nice comeback win versus this Predators squad. The Ward goal was a thing of beauty and considering how Nashville got both of their goals, dare I say I'm actually kind of confident the Sharks can finish this off in 6. Of course, I realize life has a funny way of playing jokes on you when you least expect it, but I think a Stars/Sharks WCF will be set by the end of next weekend.

"And then I remember to relax, and stop trying to hold on to it, and then it flows through me like rain and I can't feel anything but gratitude for every single moment of my stupid little life... You have no idea what I'm talking about, I'm sure. But don't worry... you will someday." 

20 hours ago, oddball said:

The more I watch San Jose, the more they seem like they've figured out what it takes to get the job done. Just those little things, such as Couture's crossing the red line before shooting at the empty net. I don't know how many times this year, I'd watch the Kings try and shoot the puck from their side of the red line and miss the net only to have it be an iceing and they had plenty of time to go that three feet to cross the line and avoid the icing.

Yeah. Skating over the red line before shooting at an empty net = Stanley Cup. Ok.

Anyway, the winner of Pittsburgh/Washington is going to steamroll the winner of New York/Tampa Bay.

2 hours ago, Ice_Cap said:

Yeah. Skating over the red line before shooting at an empty net = Stanley Cup. Ok.

Anyway, the winner of Pittsburgh/Washington is going to steamroll the winner of New York/Tampa Bay.

Actually, if you ask any coach or player, it's paying attention to the little details and the continual process of that that will get you a Cup. And skating over the red line and shooting into an empty net is important, because if he doesn't gain that red line and misses the net and the opposing team takes a face off an scores on it, then how important was that two or three feet? Very.

This is the NHL, where we see lower seeds make deep Finals runs.

The Isles/Lightning winner has a shot.

We had three straight years a 6 seed or lower made it to Game 7 of the Stanley Cup Finals.

This isn't the NBA where lower seeds never make it to the conference finals.

Great game last night. Chances for both teams. I'll admit, I was a skeptic of Matt Murray's coming into the series, but not anymore. The kid is impressive. 

This series will go 6 at minimum. 

spacer.png

13 hours ago, Ice_Cap said:

10 hours ago, cmm said:

Booooo.

This unites us, cmm. Yes. We should make a pact right now to root for whoever wins this series to beat PIT/WSH.

(that being said, Pittsburgh is far and away the best team in the East when combining personnel and coaching, and it is very difficult to see them getting beaten by anyone left in the East, yes. Washington's a fine team and Pittsburgh has looked much better than them during the first two games of this series, and that advantage only figures to increase in Pittsburgh for the next two games. He shouldn't win it only because there were other head coaches who did excellent jobs this year and had the advantage of 82 games, but Mike Sullivan certainly merits Coach of the Year accolades.

Yet, that said, if Tampa survives New York, which I still kinda doubt will happen, I'd rather have the Penguins yet because the Capitals in particular have utterly crushed the Lightning for several years now. Washington swept the season series this year entirely on the strength of their power play construct obliterating the Lightning's penalty kill. Counting shootouts as ties, the Lightning are 1-9-2 in their last 12 games against the Capitals, whereas, useless as this is, they actually did beat the Penguins in all three meetings this year, all of which, bizarrely enough, came after Sullivan's appointment and when the Penguins stopped being terrible.)

spacer.png

Archived