Cosmic

Another off-season is here, and I thought this would be a good way to start.  This is something I first did last year-- a list of the biggest movers, points-wise in the league last year.  Everybody that was +/- 10 points over 2014-2015 is listed.

Buffalo +27
Arizona +22
Washington +19
Dallas +17
Carolina +15
Florida +12
Philadelphia +12

Tampa Bay -11
Rangers -12
Minnesota -13
Columbus -13
Ottawa -14
Calgary -20
Winnipeg -21
Vancouver -26
Montreal -28

This year's "Things That Make You Go 'Hmm...'" is the Toronto Maple Leafs.  In their "tank" year this year, they improved by one point and went from 27th last year to 30th this year.  Canada holds all five bottom spots for most points lost over last season, and the Leafs and Oilers stayed terrible. Oh, Canada indeed.

The draft lottery isn't until April 30th; this will be the first year that the top three picks will all be done by lottery.  I want the Leafs to be at least decent again, but I would also love to see the Canadian media lose their minds if Toronto picks 4th despite having the best odds.  I believe no 30th place team has picked 1st overall since they started tinkering with the odds a few years ago.

• Replies 907
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2016-17 UFA signings so far:

Kevin Boyle, ANA; Kalle Kossila, ANA; Andrew Poturalski, CAR; Jordan Maletta, CBJ; Justin Scott, CBJ; Dan Renouf, DET; Jere Sallinen, EDM; Nick Ellis, EDM; Dryden Hunt, FLA; Sam Anas, MIN; Tom Parisi, MTL; Adam Payerl, NSH; Nick Lappin, NJD; Adam Chapie, NYR; Malte Stromwall, NYR; Macoy Erkamps, OTT; Alex Lyon, PHI; Carter Rowney, PIT; Ethan Prow, PIT; Jon Martin, SJS; Mantas Armalis, SJS; Justin Selman, STL; Kasimir Kaskisuo, TOR; Anton Rodin, VAN; Troy Stecher, VAN; Adam Carlson, WSH

In other news, Cody McCormick retired and Jonas Hiller signed with Biel in Switzerland.

usbnr3E.png     QrRvhzH.png     u0rDbga.png

nK3Fn4N.gif

Blackhawks wishlist:

1. An actual NHL caliber defenseman
  2. Another actual NHL caliber defenseman
  3. Get maybe 3 or 4 more of those NHL caliber defensemen, actually

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

2 hours ago, CS85 said:

nK3Fn4N.gif

Blackhawks wishlist:

Welcome! To the left is where the vultures peck out your insides, to the right are the Sisyphean hills, and straight ahead is the wading pool where you can't reach the water or the fruit hanging overhead.  Enjoy your stay.

15 hours ago, CS85 said:

Blackhawks wishlist:

Are the likes of Trevor van Riemsdyk, Michal Rozsival, David Rundblad & Erik Gustafsson not good enough for you?

usbnr3E.png     QrRvhzH.png     u0rDbga.png

15 hours ago, CS85 said:

nK3Fn4N.gif

Blackhawks wishlist:

Love the Men In Tights gif. As far as defensemen, we Flyers fans have been waiting for more than just one defenseman. We have had Mark Howe, Eric Desjardins, and Kimmo Timmonen at different times an with no good defensive complement. 

Well the looks like Datsyuk is leaving the Wings for sure, which means $7.5 million of dead cap space, not too mention the money Franzen is costing them. The Freep ran a piece on the contract status of the current roster and I was shocked by how many contracts end next season. They could be a whole different team by the time they move into the new rink.

I once had a car but I crashed it. I once had a guitar but I smashed it. I once, wait where am I going with this?

Datsyuk's dead cap space is gonna get traded to the Coyotes. 

On 4/26/2016 at 1:39 PM, TRoyConcepts said:

Are the likes of Trevor van Riemsdyk, Michal Rozsival, David Rundblad & Erik Gustafsson not good enough for you?

Not sure if serious. Trevor van Riemsdyk is the kind of 6/7 you want but can't handle more than ten or twelve minutes a game. It's possible that we're being too hard on him because of how few NHL games he's played, but he also has some bad knee injuries that have taken a lot of speed away at a relatively young age, and all the hockey IQ in the world won't save a #4 defenseman who can't move. Rozsival is surely retiring, Rundblad is useless, and Gustafsson may have to be ritually sacrificed like Chris Campoli and Nick Leddy were for losing us a Game 7.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

15 minutes ago, charger77 said:

The new Red Wings rink will be called Little Ceaser's Arena

How soon until the arena is hot and ready?

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Archived