Cosmic

5 minutes ago, mcj882000 said:

Brian Elliott for the 35th pick?! There's gotta be a catch, that sounds too good to be true...

Thank the Expansion Draft for promoting sped up trades to secure rosters. UGH! not bad getting a 2nd pick but it sucks, he was a cool goalie.

bleedblue-1.png

Bleeding Blue since 1986

• Replies 907
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Special guest appearance from the HFBoards Bad Thought Aggregator:

Might be a consideration for the Leafs, but I don't think it really affects Calgary as we've got

1) A really high-ceiling NHL-calibre 1B in Ortio 
2) A high-end 3rd string prospect in Gillies
3) A high-end 4th string prospect in McDonald

So by the time Elliott's career is winding down we've got a natural transition to the next goalie in place.

"A high-end 4th string" goalie prospect. I'm a high-end 4th-string goalie prospect. Jesus Christ.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

3 minutes ago, the admiral said:

Special guest appearance from the HFBoards Bad Thought Aggregator:

"A high-end 4th string" goalie prospect. I'm a high-end 4th-string goalie prospect. Jesus Christ.

hahahahahahah me too! lmfao best post ever. give this man a trophy

bleedblue-1.png

Bleeding Blue since 1986

12 minutes ago, the admiral said:

Rick Nash has submitted his 12 team list and no Canadian teams are on it

Tell you what, if you demand not to work in your home country like this, you shouldn't be eligible for your national team.

Wouldn't surprise me if the NBC 7, Arizona, and Florida were on there.

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

39 minutes ago, mcj882000 said:

Brian Elliott for the 35th pick?! EDIT: And a conditional 3rd? There's gotta be a catch, that sounds too good to be true...

TRELIVING: So, umm, Ben Bishop. What do you want?

YZERMAN: Tell you what - we'll trade you Vasilevskiy, but you trade us Sam Bennett. Eh?

TRELIVING: Umm...I'll go for the discount options instead, but thanks.

-fin-

spacer.png

Can you not have runs of picks when teams run out of time, like the NFL?  If nobody at all seems concerned that the Red Wings ran out of time, what's the clock for?

On 5/4/2016 at 6:28 PM, Cosmic said:
On 5/4/2016 at 6:02 PM, TRoyConcepts said:

26-year-old John Chayka is being named as Arizona's new GM tomorrow.

The owners believe he is the right man to trade for Pavel Datsyuk's cap hit.

Knew you wouldn't let me down, 'Yotes.

Red Wings drop four spots in the middle of the first, unload $7,500,000 in dead cap space, get a crappy roster player, and another second-round pick. Detroit sending basement teams to poundtown on trade deals like it's 1999.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Like I know anything about any of these kids, but Pierre Luc Dubois better have a better career than Jesse Puljujarvi. This could so blow up in our faces. Hope I'm wrong. 

I'm only upset because they could've traded down and gotten the same player and because I watched so many Puljujarvi highlights and didn't even bother to look into Dubois. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

Is there a single thing Bettman is good at? Or was his announcing of that last trade just a representation of his entire life?

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

That's NBC-produced, dude. It's Canada's loss that we get to have the TSN panelists on American airwaves because Rogers has exclusive coverage to the Draft in Canada.

Besides, even when it was just a TSN simulcast, it was still better than if NBC had used their own guys. Would you seriously rather have JR and Milbury doing this stuff than McKenzie, Pierre and Button? Kinda guessing no.

spacer.png

53 minutes ago, Kramerica Industries said:

That's NBC-produced, dude. It's Canada's loss that we get to have the TSN panelists on American airwaves because Rogers has exclusive coverage to the Draft in Canada.

Besides, even when it was just a TSN simulcast, it was still better than if NBC had used their own guys. Would you seriously rather have JR and Milbury doing this stuff than McKenzie, Pierre and Button? Kinda guessing no.

"The Boston Bruins could use a big defensemen, like myself, to knock a few people in to concussions, ya know, break some legs. Really drive home their authority. This guy will be a shoe in for the team!!" 

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

58 minutes ago, Kramerica Industries said:

I'm okay with not having Pierre and Button, but the draft seems empty without Mackenzie and Dreger.

GO OILERS-GO BLUE JAYS-GO ESKIMOS-GO COLTS

Archived