Cosmic

• Replies 907
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Taylor Hall for Adam Larsson might be the worst 1-for-1 deal I can remember, across all sports. What are they thinking?

As for Subban, I think he got a raw deal in Montreal. The fans never took to him and seemed to heavily criticize him (idk why). I think they'll realize their mistake about halfway into this season when Shea Weber has only a few more points than PIMs and Subban is leading defensemen in points. 

But still Hall for Larsson lol

image.gif

spacer.png

It's going to be WEIRD seeing Subban as a Pred.  And yes, Hall for Larsson is just absurd.  Larsson was liked well by the Devils fans, but that should NOT have been a 1-for-1.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

The Oilers got fleeced. 

The Devils got away with robbery. 

As far as the Subban deal, I'm not happy about it. Subban is younger and has yet to even hit his prime. Weber, while still an elite defenseman, has 10 YEARS LEFT ON HIS CONTRACT! At least Subban only had 5 years left and is younger. 

That being said, at least we got someone back of  equal value, so I can't be too upset. 

sig.png

18 minutes ago, ninersdd said:

Maybe Canada is assuring that they go another year of a donut of teams in the playoffs.

*puts on tinfoil hat*

Maybe it's further pressuring/punisment by the NHL to Canadian teams because a Canadian city dared to ask for an expansion team. #defergate

*removes tinfoil hat* :P

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

Is Chiarelli trying to make himself look worse than he did when he traded Sequin?  At least he got to make great trades involving the top two picks of the 2010 draft.  Too bad those trades were great for the other side.  I wish Garth Snow would have tried to fleece Edmonton as badly as New Jersey did today.

Listening to Chiarelli trying to justify his deal is even funnier.

I always thought Marc Bergevin did good work managing the Canadiens...until now. I can't believe they traded for someone who's older and has an even longer contract.

Fire the entire front office!!

1 minute ago, Ice_Cap said:

Oh that's easy.

But it's not that easy to deduce.

Leaning toward their FO wanting to bolster their defensive play.

And really Subban wasn't that good right?

Criticism is unwarranted against Bergevin.

Kidding aside, I have no idea why they traded him.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

4 minutes ago, Ice_Cap said:

Both of these trades are brutal. 

It sucks to lose out on Stamkos, but at least the Leafs didn't trade for Shea "Under Contract until he's 40" Webber.

lol Habs.

I saw the video in which he re-assured everyone he's not trading PK, unless someone offers half their team or someone like Connor McDavid.

Shea Weber is okay. But not that kind of player MB was speaking about. He just villified himself to all Canadiens fans. His time is up.

I'm just gonna go ahead and flip the "Years Without A Canadian Team Winning The Stanley Cup" sign over to 24 right now, if there aren't any objections.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Looks like the mustard cats have found a new way to continue being a thorn in the Central's side for the remainder of the decade. Just make sure Subban knows not to show up in any Habs gear in Nashville, cause red is frowned upon there.

"And then I remember to relax, and stop trying to hold on to it, and then it flows through me like rain and I can't feel anything but gratitude for every single moment of my stupid little life... You have no idea what I'm talking about, I'm sure. But don't worry... you will someday." 

6 minutes ago, the admiral said:

See, the Jets didn't have to become the smartest Canadian team, they just had to let everyone else become the dumbest.

And they're stuck in the Central.

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

I can see where the Jets make the playoffs and the Blackhawks don't. Hawks roster is trash now if Toews can't even break 60 measly points anymore.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived