Cosmic

On 5/8/2016 at 9:57 PM, Walter Sobchak said:

Don't they do that already?

No, the regular season is usually a disappointment, and by the playoffs we're not expected to do much, but then it starts to seem good, before it comes crashing down.... 

I think Boudreau will help the Wild stay a little more consistent in the regular season, unlike Yeo's annual fall out off a playoff spot in a few games a possible before clawing back into it. Now it might have been a locker room issue, but I feel like it was a coaching issue. Yeo was a really young guy, the youngest or second youngest coach there for a while, and didn't have much experience... 

And the way next year turns out, is going to dictate how the next 4 years under Bruce go...

I'm not entirely sure about what will happen with Minny next year, but I do know one thing for sure... If next year isn't a successful year, aka, a conference finals or Stanley Cup Finals trip, Chuck Fletcher is GONE... 

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

• Replies 907
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, TRoyConcepts said:

Guy Boucher to Ottawa

Another blow to Calgary's coaching search. Brian Burke must've been sitting there like "I like this guy. The scar shows character. Bet he got it fighting in a barn."

*spits huge wad of tobacco juice*

*is disgusting human being*

Oh, and Dale Tallon got kicked upstairs again, probably to preempt him forgetting to qualify Trocheck and Gudbranson.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

*waits for it* 

M60ti.gif

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

It is known that Bryan Bickell's contract is god-awful, but I find it insane that Marion Hossa's contract still has another five years on it with an annual cap hit of $5.275 million, according to Sportrac.  Good lord.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Yeah, but Hossa's contract isn't awful, it was so good that the NHL banned it and punished it ex post facto. It sucks now that Hossa is a third-liner, but we don't get those first two championships (and arguably the third) without getting Hossa at well under market value. As for the very last years, the Hawks will find a way to wriggle out of it, whether it's the expansion draft or quietly disappearing him like the Leafs did to Stephane Robidas. 

Incidentally, "disappear" as a transitive verb is neat but must be used sparingly.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

4 minutes ago, the admiral said:

Yeah, but Hossa's contract isn't awful, it was so good that the NHL banned it and punished it ex post facto. It sucks now that Hossa is a third-liner, but we don't get those first two championships (and arguably the third) without getting Hossa at well under market value. As for the very last years, the Hawks will find a way to wriggle out of it, whether it's the expansion draft or quietly disappearing him like the Leafs did to Stephane Robidas. 

Incidentally, "disappear" as a transitive verb is neat but must be used sparingly.

I'm not too worried about the money or the years, but in my head I guess I thought Hossa was entering his last contract year, so when I saw the length my jaw dropped.

Feel free to use the last portion of that sentence describing a scenario involving worcat's mother.

twitter

On May 3, 2016 at 6:34 PM, Dexter Morgan said:

Surprised how little yall have talked about Leafs securing Auston Matthews. If he was in last years draft does he go 2nd or 3rd overall? Assuming he's ahead of guys like Strome and Marner.

HE'S NOT A GOOD OLE ONTARIO BOY!

ffae6999e157e1e1d7a75b16a886148b.jpg

VmWIn6B.png

5 hours ago, CS85 said:

I'm not too worried about the money or the years, but in my head I guess I thought Hossa was entering his last contract year, so when I saw the length my jaw dropped.

Feel free to use the last portion of that sentence describing a scenario involving worcat's mother.

Hossa had a 12-year deal, right?

Hossa and Andrew Brunette were my all-time top-two Thrashers players.

8 hours ago, the admiral said:

He apparently (according to General Fanager) has a no-movement clause, which means he can't be exposed in the expansion draft. They hashed the rules out a few weeks ago.  I was all ready to post that his salary is only $1M for the last four years, and that he would join Pronger on the Coyotes until I found that out.

8 hours ago, CS85 said:

I'm not sure why my name is in your whorish mouth but stay classy as always.

bleedblue-1.png

Bleeding Blue since 1986

31 minutes ago, worcat said:

whorish mouth 

9 hours ago, CS85 said:

worcat's mother.

twitter

^That pretty much sums every post you make. I seriously don't know what your problem is but you should talk to someone about your issues.

bleedblue-1.png

Bleeding Blue since 1986

Good for him. He should stick to that and stop talking about me when I want nothing to do with him. Harassment shouldn't be supported on these forums regardless of his past.

bleedblue-1.png

Bleeding Blue since 1986

Please enlighten me how I am "messing with him" when he initiated this? If people want to act like children and troll other members, then do so with those that are willing to act like a jackass. If you want to talk sports or in this case, the NHL then you can talk to me. I don't have time to deal with childish comments or people that have nothing better to do than try to start a flame war.

bleedblue-1.png

Bleeding Blue since 1986

Archived