Cascadian Football Association (All done! Springfield and Victoria added)

BagelHK

4 more to go after this one!

UDlYwnZ.png

Delta United

Located just across the Columbia River from Portland, Delta United are the pride of Vancouver, Washington. (Not that they had much else going for them :P). Most of this identity is fairly self-explanatory. Vancouver is named for a sea captain, George Vancouver, and so Delta are called the Skippers. Delta is named because Vancouver is very close to the confluence of the Willamette and Columbia, and the triangular shape of both a river delta and the letter delta give the crest its shape. The white shape inside the crest is meant to evoke two rivers joining into one, and a vertical stripe can be seen on the home kit.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

aaaaand:

6yXw1Kw.png

Eugene FC

Verrrrry University of Oregon inspired, because of course. Kits take several cues from football jerseys, like the shoulder wings and shoulder colors. The 1876 on the crest refers to the year of UO's founding.

On 8/15/2016 at 6:46 AM, nas1787 said:

My understanding is that the bird on the Burnaby city flag is meant to be a thunderbird, not an eagle..

Thinking about it, that's probably more likely. I got eagle from the heraldic registry entry of Burnaby's crest, which calls for an eagle.

• 5 months later...

Never realized I got so close to finishing the CPL... anyways, here's the last 2 teams, at long last! Maybe if I find the time I'll add in the backstories for the teams I never wrote about.

Springfield Isotopes

u5HzoTs.png

obvious Simpsons reference is obvious

Victoria Royals

xBdZ3En.png

pretty sure this was one of the first fictional teams I made.

And that's that! Thanks for everyone that followed along this way-longer-than-necessary process! :)

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/21/2016 at 10:35 AM, BagelHK said:

tvGpwZ4.png

Alright, so. Last year when I was still in high school, this guy decided that he wanted to join the Cascadian independence movement. For those unfamiliar, Cascadia is a hypothetical nation typically composed of Oregon, Washington, and British Columbia, although borders vary. They have a pretty sweet flag, and you'll see it around the Pacific Northwest fairly frequently, but it's mostly a symbol of regional pride, rather than an expression of secessionist spirit. However, there are some (like the guy at my school) who genuinely do want Cascadia to become a sovereign nation. So I got to talking with my bud Griffin about how if Cascadia were to become a country, we'd love it if they had soccer leagues structured like Europe's countries. The result is the Cascadian Premier League, and to a more limited extend Cascadian Leagues 1 and 2, and the Cascadian Football Association–the governing body of soccer in Cascadia.

It's structured like this: 20 teams in the CPL, with the bottom 3 being relegated to League 1. We're up in the air on if there would be playoffs or not to determine a champion. The top 2 teams from League 1 are automatically promoted, and the next 4 play for the last promotion spot. Just as in the CPL, in League 1 the bottom 3 are relegated, with the top 2 teams of League 2 promoted directly, and the third spot going to the winner of a 4-team playoff. There are also a few non-league teams scattered about.

2kHu5t2.png

The other day I finished designing the CPL, so I'll now be releasing teams fairly steadily. If you guys have C+C that is welcomed, but it might take a while for me to make adjustments. Is this whole project unrealistic? Of course. A sustainable league system? Not at all. But it's me and Griffin's little dream of what the ideal situation would be if Cascadia were to become a country. Some teams are pre-existing, like the Timbers, Sounders, and Whitecaps, others would be connected to other sports teams as if they were truly a "club," and some are entirely new.

As for the thought process behind each of the logos:

The CFA logo is a soccer ball with a center shape made up of 6 circles. 2 sections are blue, 2 are white, 2 are green–each representing one of the states that make up Cascadia, with the colors matching those of the flag.

The CPL logo is a stylized map of BC, Washington, and Oregon, with chevrons running through them to symbolize the forests of the Northwest and the Cascade Range of mountains.

I've taken inspiration from raysox's Yakball and APL series, as well as pcgd's America League, all of which are amazing series both in concept and execution. I'm not nearly as good as either of those guys, but they're what I'm striving for, and I hope you'll join me as I take you through Cascadia's soccer system.

Beaverton SC

Bellevue Rainiers

Bend FC

Burnaby Eagles

Delta United

Eugene FC

Harbour United FC

Hillsboro Hops

Medford Rogues

North Coast United

Portland Timbers FC

Puget United

Richmond Lords

Rose City Thorns FC

Seattle Sounders FC

Spokane FC

Springfield Isotopes

Tacoma SC

Vancouver Whitecaps FC

Victoria Royals SC

These are so cool. What type of a template did u use to make these cool jerseys?

Archived