The Most Realistic Baseball Uniform Photoshop Template + SF Giants Uniform Video Tutorial

saltshaker911

18e60936530649.571fc52fb6f1e.png

GRAND SLAM BASEBALL
UNIFORM TEMPLATE

So I've finally managed to finish polishing my Baseball template and just released it this morning  Full of Features Super Editable, Fully Built in 3D, with Reflections, Shadows, Cleanly Separated,To Give you Total Control over the final look of your Design..

Untitled-2.jpg

fcd61536530649.571fc52fb746d.jpg

95777f36530649.571fc52ff02c9.gif

139d0436530649.571fc52ff2f1d.png

a836b136530649.571fc52ff086a.png

22090836530649.571fc52ff210a.png

a6949836530649.571fc52ff0e85.png

65df0436530649.571fc52ff15a1.png

86fa2736530649.571fc52ff2616.png

512a4836530649.571fc52ff1c1d.png

2802d736530649.571fc6010c9c1.jpg

c2543936530649.571fc52ff2ac8.png

Use Discount Code "MAY16" for %10 off 

Would love to hear your Comments and feedback :) 

Download PSD

Guest darkpiranha

Looks really impressive.  I think a really important feature I hope you implement or include for all the templates will be the ability to place a logo in one location and it update everywhere else, especially in different angles.  If you can figure out an effective warp for the curve of football helmets, you'll earn some fans.  

Guest darkpiranha
10 minutes ago, saltshaker911 said:

@darkpiranha So Glad to hear that .. this template already has this feature.. you only need to change colors/logos on one view, and the rest of the views will be automatically updated.. take a look at the video linked above if you'd like to see it in action :)

Right.  That's what I was referencing was that you should do this for all the other templates because I really liked how you implemented it here.  I'm not a baseball person, so this specific one doesn't have any use for me, but I'll be curious to see how you handle this in other sports.

Guest darkpiranha
1 hour ago, saltshaker911 said:

@darkpiranha Ah Gotcha.. will make sure that this will be the standard for future mockups. :) stay tuned for Hockey and basketball coming real soon :)

Cool.  Also on all of them, make sure there are sleeves or half-transparent "arms" to make it feel more like a complete figure rather than like the armless Black Knight at the end of his sequence in Monty Python.  I like how it looks in this baseball template, but when I just went back to look at the football one again, it still really bugs me that it's empty arms.  Realistic body-less football players don't seem to work as well as empty body baseball or soccer player templates.  

@mamiller99 Thanks alot dude :) i'll try to get my prices down as i start getting more traction, but for now i have to do it for $45+ products because its taking me 160+ Hours to get one of those templates ready and published.. i have a Use Discount Code "MAY16" for %10 off  so that will make it $40.. i hope that might help :D

Guest darkpiranha
2 hours ago, saltshaker911 said:

@mamiller99 Thanks alot dude :) i'll try to get my prices down as i start getting more traction, but for now i have to do it for $45+ products because its taking me 160+ Hours to get one of those templates ready and published.. i have a Use Discount Code "MAY16" for %10 off  so that will make it $40.. i hope that might help :D

I think your biggest barrier, at least here, is that for a good chunk of the people here, even something like Adobe's $10 a month Photoshop rate is too steep a price.  For someone who's a professional, which clearly you are, the $50 a month rate for the full Adobe suite seems like a ridiculous bargain ($50 a month to create ANYthing your mind can dream up is a bargain), and therefore the $45 for the template seems like a no-brainer.  But just speaking for myself, this is all 100% fun/hobby/learning projects for me, and I'll never earn the cost of the template back.  I'll never have a client that will ask for a baseball uniform to where I can pass that cost on to them like I can with other stock images or templates.  So even though your templates are simply stunning and definitely WORTH the price, the hobbyist in me is happy using any of the many many free templates here.  I'm sure most of the people here will be in the same camp.

(I know I'm just sort of rambling here, but I understand your desire to make it worth your while making these templates, I just don't have an easy answer).

The only other thing about it that may turn off some people or just make them want to shrug and move on is that 99.999% of the advice, templates, and (at times) pro-level criticism is offered for free.  Not cheap free, but generous free.  I totally get that you spent more than 160 hours working on this template, but probably so did the people offering other templates and they're not asking for money. In fact, they're doubling down on the FREE with Mockup Arena.   They're happy to share with the community here.  If I made a template worthy of being used, I'd share it here for free.  

I know this is the last thing you want to hear, but I think a $15 or $10 price point is the only thing that's going to get any traction.  You need to let people start using it and having examples of the template exist in the wild so people can just start seeing it and for examples to start randomly showing up in uniform blogs.  I'd even offer it here, for free for like a week or two so long as people credit your template somewhere.  

Good luck.  

Any reason why you call eyelets "Metal Parts"?  I've never seen metal in the eyelets of an on-field baseball hat at any level.

Also, the "Peak" is normally referred to as a brim or bill.

My only complaint is everything looks a little plastic-y (especially the first pic with the CCSLC uni).  Like I'm looking at a McFarlane figure.  But other than that, very nice work.  

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Superb template. Can't wait to see NFL and NHL. Too expensive for me at this time. The only thing that would make the template more realistic is to have the option for a fitted cap for the MLB or Minor league teams, and leave the adjustable strap for H.S. or Little League. Just my opinion.

On 4/29/2016 at 7:56 PM, darkpiranha said:

I think your biggest barrier, at least here, is that for a good chunk of the people here, even something like Adobe's $10 a month Photoshop rate is too steep a price.  For someone who's a professional, which clearly you are, the $50 a month rate for the full Adobe suite seems like a ridiculous bargain ($50 a month to create ANYthing your mind can dream up is a bargain), and therefore the $45 for the template seems like a no-brainer.  But just speaking for myself, this is all 100% fun/hobby/learning projects for me, and I'll never earn the cost of the template back.  I'll never have a client that will ask for a baseball uniform to where I can pass that cost on to them like I can with other stock images or templates.  So even though your templates are simply stunning and definitely WORTH the price, the hobbyist in me is happy using any of the many many free templates here.  I'm sure most of the people here will be in the same camp.

(I know I'm just sort of rambling here, but I understand your desire to make it worth your while making these templates, I just don't have an easy answer).

The only other thing about it that may turn off some people or just make them want to shrug and move on is that 99.999% of the advice, templates, and (at times) pro-level criticism is offered for free.  Not cheap free, but generous free.  I totally get that you spent more than 160 hours working on this template, but probably so did the people offering other templates and they're not asking for money. In fact, they're doubling down on the FREE with Mockup Arena.   They're happy to share with the community here.  If I made a template worthy of being used, I'd share it here for free.  

I know this is the last thing you want to hear, but I think a $15 or $10 price point is the only thing that's going to get any traction.  You need to let people start using it and having examples of the template exist in the wild so people can just start seeing it and for examples to start randomly showing up in uniform blogs.  I'd even offer it here, for free for like a week or two so long as people credit your template somewhere.  

Good luck.  

I totally get your point that my prices arent exactly hobbyist-friendly, but i have to put some food on the table as well, recently i've been getting messages from designers who bought my templates and said that when they started using them, it was much easier to sell their clients on their uniforms/helmets designs, and they thought that my prices are a steal of the value they got out of them, especially that they can use it over and over again for different clients..

I do have some templates for $12 and these are doing great.. so i’ll try to have more stuff along these prices in the future. but the full uniform kits are super time-consuming that's why i can't go below a certain price.

Regarding other designers offering their templates for free.. its most likely because they can't sell it , since they are usually based on a Nike or an under armor Ad photo "while i built mine from scratch in 3D", so if you do design work professionally and care about copyrights you wouldn't wanna be caught with one of these templates in your portfolio,  that's why most professionals will gladly pay a premium to make sure that they can present their designs in a professional way without worrying about getting a lawsuit..

Thanks for taking the time to write your feedback man. really appreciate it :)

22 hours ago, The Nati MacDaddy said:

Superb template. Can't wait to see NFL and NHL. Too expensive for me at this time. The only thing that would make the template more realistic is to have the option for a fitted cap for the MLB or Minor league teams, and leave the adjustable strap for H.S. or Little League. Just my opinion.

Thanks alot :).. I'm already working on a fitted cap as well.. I've already made an nfl template that can be found here https://sportstemplates.net/product/football-uniform-template/

Guest darkpiranha
17 hours ago, saltshaker911 said:

I totally get your point that my prices arent exactly hobbyist-friendly, but i have to put some food on the table as well, recently i've been getting messages from designers who bought my templates and said that when they started using them, it was much easier to sell their clients on their uniforms/helmets designs, and they thought that my prices are a steal of the value they got out of them, especially that they can use it over and over again for different clients..

I do have some templates for $12 and these are doing great.. so i’ll try to have more stuff along these prices in the future. but the full uniform kits are super time-consuming that's why i can't go below a certain price.

Regarding other designers offering their templates for free.. its most likely because they can't sell it , since they are usually based on a Nike or an under armor Ad photo "while i built mine from scratch in 3D", so if you do design work professionally and care about copyrights you wouldn't wanna be caught with one of these templates in your portfolio,  that's why most professionals will gladly pay a premium to make sure that they can present their designs in a professional way without worrying about getting a lawsuit..

Thanks for taking the time to write your feedback man. really appreciate it :)

Agreed on all fronts.  My point is that at least HERE, if you want to get any traction, I'm not seeing it happen at even the value price of $45.  I obviously can't speak for everyone or even ANYone, but I'll simply point to the fact that I haven't yet seen a single usage of one of your templates here yet.  Partially it's the price, but I do have to take issue with one thing you said, and that's that "it's most likely because they can't sell it." in regards to other free templates here.  I really think you're underestimating and undervaluing the COMMUNITY aspect here.  Everyone that comes here, if they stay around long enough, quickly begins giving back to the community, whether it be templates, advice, tips, etc.   I think you'd get a lot more traction if it was clearer that you were part of the community here, and not just a travelling salesman stopping in from time to time to show your latest wares.  

it looks very realistic and impressive... however, it looks much too shiny. i've never seen a baseball jersey with any kind of shimmer/sheen material before. this reminds me more of the shoulders of a reebok era NFL jersey than any baseball jersey i've ever seen.

3 hours ago, ColeJ said:

it looks very realistic and impressive... however, it looks much too shiny. i've never seen a baseball jersey with any kind of shimmer/sheen material before. this reminds me more of the shoulders of a reebok era NFL jersey than any baseball jersey i've ever seen.

Thanks for your feedback dude.. the reflections and specular highlights can easily be turned off to get a matte finish.. if you look at the video around 9:23 i show how the uniform look when these layers are turned off :) 

Archived