The Most Realistic Baseball Uniform Photoshop Template + SF Giants Uniform Video Tutorial

saltshaker911

On 5/1/2016 at 1:12 PM, saltshaker911 said:

...so if you do design work professionally and care about copyrights you wouldn't wanna be caught with one of these templates in your portfolio,  that's why most professionals will gladly pay a premium to make sure that they can present their designs in a professional way without worrying about getting a lawsuit...

You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about, but congratulations none the less! You've obviously found a nice side job selling Madden 2010 create-a-uniform templates.

I feel like professionals would have their own templates already, especially if they work for a company (versus freelance).  Maybe I'm wrong?

I wish you luck, but I think you may be barking up the wrong tree.  These forums are very communal and open to sharing, so coming to it's members with a sales pitch may not be the best first impression, nor conducive to sales.

Check out my site at stevebcreations.com

On May 4, 2016 at 6:02 AM, thespungo said:

You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about, but congratulations none the less! You've obviously found a nice side job selling Madden 2010 create-a-uniform templates.

So you basically go around posting the same madden 2010 comment all over my posts ?

Guest darkpiranha
10 hours ago, saltshaker911 said:

So you basically go around posting the same madden 2010 comment all over my posts ?

Agreed, thespungo.  I'm not sure where you're coming from or why you keep posting this. This entire forum is basically "create-a-uniform" if you want to get pedantic about it.   It's okay to have an issue with the price (or that there even needs to be a price) of these, but there's no denying that these are elite-level templates, miles beyond Madden.    Everyone here uses a template of some kind, so it's kind of head-scratching why you continue to single out one template as being "Madden 2010."

9 hours ago, darkpiranha said:

Agreed, thespungo.  I'm not sure where you're coming from or why you keep posting this. This entire forum is basically "create-a-uniform" if you want to get pedantic about it.   It's okay to have an issue with the price (or that there even needs to be a price) of these, but there's no denying that these are elite-level templates, miles beyond Madden.    Everyone here uses a template of some kind, so it's kind of head-scratching why you continue to single out one template as being "Madden 2010."

really glad to hear that :) . Concerning your last comment, i'm still actually thinking of a way to respond becouse you raised a very valid point of how i should be more involved in the forum rather than periodically dropping in for sales pitches.. I've actually been lurking around the forum for a while, but never entered the discussion, i think its about time i get started.. Thanks again for Making me aware of how some members are seeing my posts.

• 5 months later...

The title "The Most realistic Baseball Uniform" is misleading, unless you have seen rubber looking fabric on a field.

It's so frustrating to see this forum, where people complains about the price, being too expensive at 45$ (and for such a bad illustration), and now, the price have gone up to 69$... The guy most be schizophrenic, as only 4 months ago, he was mentioning that he would keep the price down. And now, he increases them by 50%???  The funniest part, other than the strange rubber uniform, is the shape of the baseball cap. It looks custom-made for a team of Cone Head. Obviously, the illustrator who did them never watched a baseball match, as the cap doesn't have such a conic shape (it's rounded of flattish on top). It's so ridicule, and not suitable to present to a client without loosing credibility.

But the football uniform is the best one by far, particularly the helmet. I have seen on the website that there is now a ice hockey uniform (still in development), again with an unrelated, funny helmet from the Soviet era. Where do this guy finds his references? It's a pity because currently, there is no alternative from a more qualified illustrator that offers sport's uniform templates, but it's only a matter of time. The demand is there, and it would only take better a small effort to improve quality, more realistic forms, more accurate details from good references to replace these improvised and overpriced templates.

At 25$ each, they would probably sell three times more, because the decision process wouldn't be as difficult, but with the hefty increase and the low quality, it will go no where.

Lower the price or propose something of better quality.

Not good my friend, not good. I bought one of these templates, exactly the baseball one you are referring to, and when I use it, I have to Photoshop the cap, so it doesn't look that stupid. Don't get me wrong, there is efforts and good intentions put into this work, but it's not mastered in any possible way, it looks silly with weird folds and pleats. I just don't understand why it is made this way, and as you are mentioning, better visual references and photography would have helped to get more realistic features.

I bought it when it was still 45$, maybe it is affordable when you live in Europe or America, and that you are not a student, but in my case, 45$ is a lot in Brazil. At 69$, you are right, they will sell a fraction of what they could. I had a look at the new hockey uniform, and I don't know much about this sport, but I know that the jersey is the worst of all the series. You can't see the padding, just a normal jersey from someone walking in the park with his dog. Maybe they have opted for quantity, messing around carelessly. 

Archived