Really unusual color schemes (that work)

MCM0313

1 hour ago, MCM0313 said:

So the M on the helmet in the first picture is actually supposed to be yellow?

Yes.  Here is a 1972 helmet from Helmet Hut.

MD%20001.jpg

http://www.helmethut.com/College/Maryland/Maryland.html

These pictures are both from the 1977 Cotton Bowl.

SZ4FPk7.jpgimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcST_IL0YhDKVsfv8ybd7dS

I also found this . . . another view of the Randy White picture where it really looks yellow (and you can sit a little bit of the yellow stripe on the pants).

univarch-002207-0001-medium.jpg

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, leopard88 said:

Yes.  Here is a 1972 helmet from Helmet Hut.

MD%20001.jpg

http://www.helmethut.com/College/Maryland/Maryland.html

These pictures are both from the 1977 Cotton Bowl.

SZ4FPk7.jpgimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcST_IL0YhDKVsfv8ybd7dS

I also found this . . . another view of the Randy White picture where it really looks yellow (and you can sit a little bit of the yellow stripe on the pants).

univarch-002207-0001-medium.jpg

Wow. Would never have guessed that from the first pic. The M in that one really did look like a faded red.

8 minutes ago, MCM0313 said:

Wow. Would never have guessed that from the first pic. The M in that one really did look like a faded red.

I knew it wasn't just me.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

18 minutes ago, leopard88 said:

I knew it wasn't just me.

Nope, definitely not. Now, I have a similar one: Couldn't the apparent color of the pre-1997 Denver Broncos' helmet vary from sky blue to dark royal based on lighting conditions? I've seem it in several different colors from in-game action alone.

9 hours ago, kc51design said:

didn't see this coming. As much as I like pink in sports, pink with brown... OK, could work, but then remove those traces of yellow...CkaLvnyW0AAPPwL.jpg

My freshman year of high school, I took a creative writing class with a local...private school-slash-homeschool-group before going to public high school the other three years. The goal was to eventually become established as a school, I think. We had a meeting at one point in time to figure out what our nickname and colors should be. I don't remember the nickname picked, but I do remember one of the other freshmen jokingly proposed pink and brown as our colors, and we all had a good laugh. Ultimately we decided on Carolina blue and white. I don't think it ever went into effect though - they never had sports and I don't recall ever seeing any official school materials, Carolina blue or otherwise.

Archived