Draft picks in their new uniforms 2016

2 hours ago, rsaline said:

Exactly, plus you get the first paycheck of the rookie class, and a free vacation to Newport Beach. If I'm still on the board in the seventh round, I would actually be a little disappointed if I didn't get picked last.

I fail to see how anyone enjoys being called irrelevant. I also fail to see how you're irrelevant to be picked last when there's dozens of guys on the board that don't get picked at all and have to sign as UDFAs. 

It's not like you're the last player picked, it's just that you're the last player drafted. You're still probably better than lots of players after you and have as good if not more chance to make the team (don't know any stats on that). 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, DC in Da House w/o a Doubt said:

38 is an ugly number for Fuller, hope he changes that after Training Camp cuts.

Same with Keith Marshall, if he ends up being an impact player I hope it's with a better number.

Larry Csonka wore #39.

13 minutes ago, DC in Da House w/o a Doubt said:

38 is an ugly number for Fuller, hope he changes that after Training Camp cuts.

Same with Keith Marshall, if he ends up being an impact player I hope it's with a better number.

If anything, I hope Fuller and Marshall both drop their numbers down into the twenties. 29 looks was better than 39. At least for a running back. If memory serves me correctly, I don't think a player has worn 27 for the Redskins since Fred Smoot. With all the secondary additions the Redskins have made, some numbers will likely be made available.

1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

I fail to see how anyone enjoys being called irrelevant. I also fail to see how you're irrelevant to be picked last when there's dozens of guys on the board that don't get picked at all and have to sign as UDFAs. 

It's not like you're the last player picked, it's just that you're the last player drafted. You're still probably better than lots of players after you and have as good if not more chance to make the team (don't know any stats on that). 

Sure, irrelevant is not always the most accurate word. But it's not something aimed at determining the quality of the player, it's just a fun event for publicity. Ryan Succop was Mr. Irrelevant in '09, and now he's a top NFL kicker. The goal is not to degrade the player for being drafted last, but satirically celebrate his efforts to get that far. You definitely need to have a sense of humor to enjoy it.

4 hours ago, DNAsports said:

Well, I was right with one prediction and only one number off from another

all-jerseys-2016-draft-class-660x350.jpg

On a visual level, I've never liked the way the upper thirties look on jerseys (in any sport).

Hotter Than July > Thriller

really? i've always found 39 to be one of the more aesthetically pleasing numbers, for some reason. especially in block font. its one of my go-tos in video game career modes when 2 and 32 are taken.

I agree that the upper 30s aren't very aesthetically pleasing for some reason.  I'll throw 35 in there too - it just seems so "static" to me - I can't really picture a CB or small RB flying around wearing that.  It's more for 6'7" pitchers or goalies.

36 is the best of the bunch by far - can't really explain why, but it's the least offensive high-30 number to me.  37 is just the worst.  Maybe it's because of two primes, maybe it's just the shapes, I don't know - it's just my least-favorite common-sports number.  Actually, pretty much all numbers ending with 7 suck to me: 27, 37, 57, 87 blow.  47, 67, and 97 are tolerable to me for some reason.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

37 is just the worst. 

Ha! 37 was my very first jersey number (little league baseball). I just remember looking at that jersey the day I got it and thinking "I don't like this number".

6 minutes ago, 4_tattoos said:

Ha! 37 was my very first jersey number (little league baseball). I just remember looking at that jersey the day I got it and thinking "I don't like this number".

That's odd - usually LLs just go 1-15 or however many players there are.  37 is kind of a seemingly-random number for them to order.

14 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

That's odd - usually LLs just go 1-15 or however many players there are.  37 is kind of a seemingly-random number for them to order.

What my club did was order one big set of uniforms for all the age groups in varying sizes. I was on the 10U team, but was taller than the most kids in that age group, so I needed a bigger uniform. Which led to me getting 37. Most of the 12U & 14U players had higher numbers (30s and 40s ), while most of the 8U & 10U players had smaller numbers.

One of my least favorite numbers is 34, just the '4' doesn't seam to fit with the 3. It's weird that I dislike this number when one of my favorite players (David Ortiz) wears that number, and my number in high school football was 43 (not my choice but became to love the number as I wore it)

3 hours ago, 4_tattoos said:

I wear 37 in adult league softball now and like the way it looks.

Jersey numbers I like:

and 00.

Staying on topic, and all...

6uXNWAo.png

6 hours ago, Cujo said:

Jersey numbers I like:

and 00.

Staying on topic, and all...

You don't like 49? That's my favorite jersey number, at least for football.

8 hours ago, smzimbabwe said:

I wear 37 in adult league softball now and like the way it looks.

The one association that I have with 37:

casey-stengel-is-presented-with-his-numb   casey-stengel.jpg

One time, this strong association helped prevent me from getting lost!

About 25 years ago, my ex-wife and I were driving somewhere.  She had written down the directions, but had forgotten to bring them along with us. Before our departure, we had briefly run down the directions with each other; so we were trying to recall this conversation.

At one point, she said that she remembered having said to me either that it was Exit 37 or Exit 39 at which we had to get off. I had to admit that I didn't remember that part of the earlier conversation at all.  But I was sure of one thing: if she had mentioned Exit 37, then I would have thought of Casey.  And I didn't remember having thought of him; so, if she was certain that she could narrow it down to Exit 37 or Exit 39, then it had to be Exit 39.  And so it was.   And that's how my obsession with uniforms and numbers saved me from getting lost in the nowherseville of New Jersey.

The only other player who had been known for that number had to give it up (on account of Casey) when he moved to a new team, where he became even better known for another number:

__3-72.jpeg   first-baseman-keith-hernandez-of-the-new

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

43 minutes ago, shaydre1019 said:

Here are some mocks i made of the Texans in their new numbers. 

Tyler Ervin.png

Braxton Miller texans.png

Will Fuller Texans 15.png

Nick Martin.png

Braxton Miller's gonna be a PIMP in the NFL if they find a way to use him. 

That said, I don't like that the Texans don't have any WRs with jersey numbers in the 80s. Wideouts have 10-19, tight ends have 80-89 on that roster.

Archived