Draft picks in their new uniforms 2016

6 minutes ago, MCM0313 said:

Braxton Miller's gonna be a PIMP in the NFL if they find a way to use him. 

That said, I don't like that the Texans don't have any WRs with jersey numbers in the 80s. Wideouts have 10-19, tight ends have 80-89 on that roster.

And if Brock osweiler doesn't pan out you always got miller to fall back on

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, dont care said:

And if Brock osweiler doesn't pan out you always got miller to fall back on

I don't know that he'd be a good NFL QB...of course, yeah, no guarantee Osweiler will be either.

I think eventually some star rookie WR will take a number in the 80s to "honor" someone, then it will start becoming cool again, in kind of an "old school" or throwback kind of way. 

I I still think it's weird to see WRs wearing QB numbers, but it fits the smaller guys better than numbers in the 80s do. It would be weird to see a huge guy like Calvin Johnson or TO wearing a teen. 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Michael Thomas will be wearing 13 just like his OSU teammate Braxton Miller will be wearing with the Texans. Anybody else think its lame players have to build a new identity with a number after using one for their playing career, especially single digit recievers in the NFL

Honestly the only numbers in the "teens" I like on WRs is 10 & 11. The others just look odd to me. Even in college/HS/youth football. Receivers wearing 1-11 and/or 80-89, fine by me. Receivers wearing any other number, ugh.

Also. I'd like to see offensive lineman to wearing 90-99 one day. I know some HS leagues ban the OL from wearing nineties. Never seen it in college FB either.

Hotter Than July > Thriller

2 minutes ago, 4_tattoos said:

Honestly the only numbers in the "teens" I like on WRs is 10 & 11. The others just look odd to me. Even in college/HS/youth football. Receivers wearing 1-11 and/or 80-89, fine by me. Receivers wearing any other number, ugh.

Also. I'd like to see offensive lineman to wearing 90-99 one day. I know some HS leagues ban the OL from wearing nineties. Never seen it in college FB either.

90's are eligible numbers in ncaa and high school which is why you don't see it and it will likely never happen. Can't remember is name but michigan's qb wore #98 without issue and you see occasional college tight ends in the 90's.

52 minutes ago, 4_tattoos said:

Agreed.

48 minutes ago, guest23 said:

90's are eligible numbers in ncaa and high school which is why you don't see it and it will likely never happen. Can't remember is name but michigan's qb wore #98 without issue and you see occasional college tight ends in the 90's.

Wasn't it Denard Robinson? And I'm pretty sure That School Up North has honored players wear #98 for one season only, as a tribute to Tom Harmon. IIRC.

Denver rookies have picked out uniform numbers.

Paxton Lynch, QB: 12
Adam Gotsis, DL: 99
Justin Simmons, S: 31
Devontae Booker, RB: 20
Connor McGovern, OL: 60
Andy Janovich, FB: 32
Will Parks, S: 34
Riley Dixon, P: 9

6uXNWAo.png

13 hours ago, rickyISking said:

It was Devin Gardner. Everytime I saw a game with him wearing 98, I wanted to punch something. It always annoyed the hell out of me.

It didn't bother me, but the fact that it was Meatchicken, and reminding me that Meatchicken used to have a good team, annoyed me. Meatchicken sux.

Steelers draft picks

Artie Burns 25

Sean Davis 28

Javon Hargrave 79

Jerald Hawkins 65

Travis Feeney 41

Demarcus Ayers 82

Tyler Matakevich 46

I love seeing the new guys get their gear every year. Here are picks 1 & 2 getting their helmets fitted and picking out their facemasks. 

Artie Burns

tempIMG_4659--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.JPG?wid

Sean Davis

tempIMG_4639--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.JPG?wid

Broncos rookies fitted with equipment today:

http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/videos/Rookies-get-measured-for-new-Broncos-gear/e3363e35-21fa-49f8-9062-11bbe3ce7d7e?utm_content=bufferf7d46&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

I thought it was interesting how all the decals were already on the helmets. Don't they usually put them on after it's fitted?

Archived