Draft picks in their new uniforms 2016

On ‎5‎/‎22‎/‎2016 at 3:16 PM, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

While you are right to defend this player, please do not conflate the disgusting act of hitting women with smoking dope, a very pleasant practice on which the backward law is gradually changing.

"Smoking dope" can, I think, be a generic term for drug use, not just marijuana. Also, while I do believe marijuana is not nearly as bad as some people make it out to be, I also think it's pretty clear that there are people out there who are psychologically addicted to it---I mean, just look at what Josh Gordon is giving up to keep getting high!

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On ‎5‎/‎23‎/‎2016 at 1:18 PM, Lee Noire said:

No racism detected, it's a good observation. In my experience black culture in America is big on legacy and their name. My father would always tell me that all I have in this world is my name and my word. That it was up to me to make sure no one has anything negative to say about either. My dad was adamant about naming me after him to keep the name going.

To be honest, it's a lot to live up to. Lots of people hold his name in high regard and they expect great things from me. That drives me, and it drives a lot of young black men. I think that's why some guys put it on their uniform. I did when I played football in high school.

Long tangent: Just wanted to share my perspective (white-ish, middle-class, from a small city).

From what I've seen it's also big among working-class whites. The people (regardless of race) I've known with a "Junior" on the end of their names were almost all from a background in which their fathers performed some type of manual labor.

My dad was named after his father but isn't a Junior (same middle initial but different middle names). I was not named for any relative myself, and I wouldn't dream of naming my son after myself, simply because I'd be afraid people would expect him to be a carbon copy of me. There are plenty of stupid mistakes I've made that I wouldn't want my kids to make too...lessons learned the hard way can be quite painful.

FWIW, my mom is one of 8 and my dad one of 4, and all but one of my aunts and uncles had kids of their own, and none of them had Juniors, and I don't believe any of my cousins have had Juniors either. Nearly all were raised in middle-class homes, supporting my hypothesis.

That said, I would never tell someone else what to name their kid. That's a personal decision into which a lot of things can factor. I understand and like the point you made, Lee, about your name and your word being the only things no one can take away.

Okay, that's enough of that little trip down the rabbit hole. Sorry for my long-windedness, or that of my fingers anyway.

1 hour ago, dsaline97 said:

If by "trademark" you mean "following a trend that looks idiotic...."

miami-v-florida-state-2031b456d5babaf2.j

Oakman310Sacks.jpg

270x416xEddie.jpg.pagespeed.ic.5XCMrV9DD

(and my personal favorite)

NCAA-Crop-Tops-2.jpg

....then sure, this is his "trademark"

I "liked" this post solely for the picture of the fat hairy (-ish; I'm hairier) d-lineman in the ill-fitting Britney Spears getup.

17 hours ago, MCM0313 said:

I "liked" this post solely for the picture of the fat hairy (-ish; I'm hairier) d-lineman in the ill-fitting Britney Spears getup.

Not to mention the JACKSONVI                    LLE on his chest. 

Ahhh Adidas.

PersonDivided-2-1.png

Archived