NHL Alternate Series (22/30)

ldconcepts

Hey all,

I've created alternate jerseys for all 30 NHL teams. A team can use any colour (even white).

Here are the first 3:

ANAHEIM DUCKS

Anaheim_zps0xbgogrv.png

I've always liked the idea of the Ducks in orange. Their new alt has potential, but is still able to be improved. With this design, I took into account all "eras" of their uniforms to create this sweater, while looking modern.

ARIZONA COYOTES

Arizona_zps0fbzgvxa.png

The Yotes' new set lacks the character that their inaugural unis had. Here, I simplified the Kachina while keeping their colour scheme for a toned down set that doesn't lack character.

BOSTON BRUINS

Boston_zpsdrgsnyrq.png

I've always liked brown for Boston, but they have too strong of an identity to change. Their current alt is a simplified, worse version of their home. I like their first Winter Classic sweaters. but not completely. These are inspired by the WC sock pattern.

C&C appreciated! 

Nyzv9xS.png

Twitter: @ldconcepts / Instagram: @ld.concepts / Website

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ducks: I love the combination of eras, and it makes for a great jersey here.

Yotes: I like the design, but I'd rather have a different color for their alternate.

Bruins: Yes. Brown all the way. But, with that said, a darker shade of Brown should be used. Also, the yoke seems a little off to me, I think it should be the full shoulders.

3 minutes ago, NoE38 said:

What template are you using?

It's the Hybrid Template from HJC.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

23 minutes ago, MontyK17 said:

i really love the ducks and bruins jerseys. I did a twist on your alt for Arizona, i added the state flag to striping. With the new Arizona name i figured it might be a good idea then i just did BFBS lol

Screen Shot 2016-05-01 at 6.41.26 PM.png

Don't post your concepts on someone else's thread unless they warrant it.

Also I agree with @NoE38 on everything they said.

23 hours ago, ahowe6464 said:

Ducks: I love the combination of eras, and it makes for a great jersey here.

Yotes: I like the design, but I'd rather have a different color for their alternate.

Bruins: Yes. Brown all the way. But, with that said, a darker shade of Brown should be used. Also, the yoke seems a little off to me, I think it should be the full shoulders.

Thanks!

Yeah, the square yoke template wasn't that accurate. The creator(@Grant94) of the template just released a new Combo template that updates the square yokes. I used it for the more recent concepts.

21 hours ago, MontyK17 said:

i really love the ducks and bruins jerseys. I did a twist on your alt for Arizona, i added the state flag to striping. With the new Arizona name i figured it might be a good idea then i just did BFBS lol

Screen Shot 2016-05-01 at 6.41.26 PM.png

Yeah, please don't post on my thread, especially with my ID! :P

Anyway, that's actually a pretty good idea, you should post it on your own thread (but by creating it by scratch). Thanks for the interest shown!

The next three teams will be posted tomorrow. The first reply will get to choose the next three, but if not the next three in alphabetical order will be posted.

Nyzv9xS.png

Minnesota Wild

New York Rangers

Winnipeg Jets

Those three seem really interesting to do...:D

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

17 minutes ago, chcarlson23 said:

Minnesota Wild

New York Rangers

Winnipeg Jets

Those three seem really interesting to do...:D

I've done them all, just waiting for C&C before posting. They should be up for tomorrow.

Nyzv9xS.png

8 hours ago, MontyK17 said:

i took it down sorry about that, i never post my own concepts and don't know all the unspoken rules lol but i do wanna see the Buffalo Sabres 

No worries!

I'm new here too! ;)

Nyzv9xS.png

With @chcarlson23's suggestion, here are the next three teams:

MINNESOTA WILD

Minnesota_zpschnkfggq.png

Going off the board a little with this one, I incorporated red into their green alt, (by watching the Stadium Series I realized green and red don't bleed) and added my own little twist on the shoulders to keep the concept from being too plain.

New%20York%20Rangers_zpshinxiky0.png

I've always loved the Lady Liberty logo (even though they'll never use it theoretically in real life again), and I feel the Rangers are one of the teams that look great in white. I know the script is classic and untouchable, but for an alt, they need to have a shield.

WINNIPEG JETSWinnipeg_zpsr0djaeup.png

Using the incredible logo concept from Brian Goff, I played on the aviation theme of the Jets, with the full yokes symbolizing a jet's wings.

The first commenter picks the next three teams. While you're at it, leave some much-appreciated C&C!

Nyzv9xS.png

1 hour ago, ldconcepts said:

With @chcarlson23's suggestion, here are the next three teams:

MINNESOTA WILD

Minnesota_zpschnkfggq.png

Going off the board a little with this one, I incorporated red into their green alt, (by watching the Stadium Series I realized green and red don't bleed) and added my own little twist on the shoulders to keep the concept from being too plain.

New%20York%20Rangers_zpshinxiky0.png

I've always loved the Lady Liberty logo (even though they'll never use it theoretically in real life again), and I feel the Rangers are one of the teams that look great in white. I know the script is classic and untouchable, but for an alt, they need to have a shield.

WINNIPEG JETSWinnipeg_zpsr0djaeup.png

Using the incredible logo concept from Brian Goff, I played on the aviation theme of the Jets, with the full yokes symbolizing a jet's wings.

The first commenter picks the next three teams. While you're at it, leave some much-appreciated C&C!

I really like the "trim" (striping etc.) But I think the colours may be a little off... I would stick to their new colours.

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

6 minutes ago, Frenchie said:

I really like the "trim" (striping etc.) But I think the colours may be a little off... I would stick to their new colours.

I might try that... We'll see how that turns out!

Nyzv9xS.png

10 minutes ago, llfhockey said:

And here comes winnipeg absolutely beautiful. im not sure about the star thing for the wild it clutters it too much

The star is actually my favourite part. That was made BEFORE the striping pattern, actually. 

Nyzv9xS.png

13 hours ago, ldconcepts said:

The star is actually my favourite part. That was made BEFORE the striping pattern, actually. 

The Stars are amazing, they just need to be one the top of the sweater. I know it's just a concept, but if it was to be used, the stars would get lost under the players arms. You might have made it to be like the Lightning's victory stripes, but if not, they'll almost never be seen.

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

21 minutes ago, OhioSportsMan61 said:

I can't help but notice how similar your Wild concept is to the one that I posted a few years back 

On another note, the Rangers and Jets are absolutely awesome, good work on those. Excited to see what else you put together.

Really? I can honestly say I've never seen that concept in my life. It looks really good, though! But wow... That looks really similar...

Nyzv9xS.png

Archived