NHL Alternate Series (22/30)

ldconcepts

Next up, suggested by @Zeus89725:

NEW YORK ISLANDERS

New%20York%20Islanders_zps14czdfpg.png

Islanders new alternate logo? YES YES YES YES! Their alternate jersey? NO! NO! NO! I'd never noticed how much the longer stick annoys me, but after seeing the new mark, I just hate the Stadium Series jersey crest. The four stripes were a given. I've gotten criticism of having too much white, but I don't see that as a problem.

CHICAGO BLACKHAWKS

Chicago_zps503ea6es.png

Someone once said that they'd never seen a good Chicago alt concept with the tomahawk logo, so I immediately took on the challenge, mixing classic and modern looks to get this.

COLORADO AVALANCHE

Colorado_zpscf0doxyv.png

I was inspired by this:

d6e5e7bf41376022654b446d04fb7cbf.jpg

basically recreating a logo in the jersey's striping. So this Avalanche concept is basically this:

6560_colorado_avalanche-jersey-2016.png

on a jersey. The striping is inspired by this:

Rockies3.png

First commenter gets to pick the next three teams, and leave some C&C while you're at it!

Nyzv9xS.png

Twitter: @ldconcepts / Instagram: @ld.concepts / Website

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I actually really like your incorporation of the mountain motif into the Avs uniform. They should totally do that.

Hawks are good too. It's a different look than they've had before but still recognizably Chicago.

For my hometeam Wild, I'd bring the stars to the top of the shoulders as previously suggested. Also think it would look better to flip the colors on the stripes: since red is the secondary color it should be the main, big stripe, while tertiary wheat should be the smaller bottom stripe. Also you're using the crooked version of the bear head that the mothership uses. (You can see it in the trees - the bottoms of the triangles should be parallel to the horizon).

Really like Winnepeg too.

8 hours ago, Zeus89725 said:

These all seem familiar. Did you put these on HJC or here already?

Regardless, they're really slick.

You might be seeing these on HJC and Icethetics. (Mostly everyday on HJC and once a week on Icethetics)

Nyzv9xS.png

On May 1, 2016 at 7:08 PM, Zeus89725 said:

Don't post your concepts on someone else's thread unless they warrant it.

What I WOULDN'T mind is if some experienced photoshopper would paint some of the good ones onto real photos. Other than that, the work here should only be mine!;)

Nyzv9xS.png

Next up, suggested by @RedfieldNick:

NASHVILLE PREDATORS

Nashville_zps22gkmpaj.png

At this point in their branding, the Preds need an alternate. Not a change in sock stripes, not an addition of a big, honkin' stripe on the pants, not a yellow helmet, but a Blue alternate. Again, this was inspired by their logo, basically having the stripes be teeth.

MONTREAL CANADIENS

Montreal_zpsdljljvxs.png

This was originally a concept for the Canadiennes, (yes, that's me) because I figured an alt would be blasphemous in Montreal, but the more I looked at it, the more I warmed to the idea. Their current hem stripes inspired this, the pattern being almost as classic as the white-blue-white, and were made into a chest stripe.

LOS ANGELES KINGSLos%20Angeles_zpsy2rybbmm.png

Their first Stadium Series jersey was amazing- the grey with lots of black works well, I find. For the striping (don't ask me how) I was inspired by the Cup, which they've been winning quite a lot in the last few years. I love the crown logo, and I think it should absolutely be their primary. Preferably with purple- erm, forum blue- but with their current success, I don't see them changing their colour scheme.

First commenter gets to pick the next three teams! While you're at it, please leave some much-appreciated, detailed, C&C!

Nyzv9xS.png

Islanders: decent design, nice to see something new for the team.

Chicago: unique, but it doesn't really look like the Blackhawks anymore. It would have been nice to retain some of that team identity. I do like seeing that tomahawk logo used though.

Colorado: Interesting take, but this is the Avalanche, why take almost all of your inspiration from a separate team when the Avs already have a great identity?

Nashville: I really like the idea, but the execution is off, especially on the sides of the jersey. It looks rough and not very professional.

Canadiens: solid look, not sure how Montreal fans would like it since there are a few similarities to the Senators throwback, but not a bad design. It just doesn't say ''Canadians''

LA: Almost as good as your Rangers! It still looks like something the team would wear, but moves in a slightly different direction.

San Jose, Florida, and Tampa Bay would be cool next

Good job! That is what the Preds need as an alternate. Just smooth the lines and it's perfect! The others look great too!

Welcome to Kansas, where you can see your future, literally.

image.png

IMG_1326.PNG

I agree the sides need to be straightened out on Nashville, but I assume the jagged teeth lines were intentional?

Another thing to note: The place on the TV numbers on some of these is slightly too low. BTW, I have seen other work you've done on HJC. Keep it up.

new_orleans_krewe_player_sig___qb_donny_

I am a little disappointed with the amount of C&C this thread has been getting, but onwards!

Next up, suggested by @Canucklehead800:

SAN JOSE SHARKS

San%20Jose_zpste7h7air.png

Inspired by their original look, I added grey and took out the orange. (Even though I really like it!) I liked the amount of white on their now 25th throwback, and added a new, modern striping pattern in addition to the modern logos. 

FLORIDA PANTHERS

Florida_zpst6roippe.png

I created a head-only version of @TRoyConcepts' new logo mockup, and was slightly inspired by their double blue alt, and slightly inspired by their original reds.

TAMPA BAY LIGHTNING

Tampa%20Bay_zps6zrpap87.png

This is an updated version of "Shocking Shoulders," fixing the problem with the name bar, and making it black. I feel like they should really embrace the lightning look.

Here's another option, without the blue shoulder yoke:

tb_zpsllqag3of.png

First commenter picks the next three teams, and leave some much-appreciated detailed C&C while you're at it!

Nyzv9xS.png

Florida: I like the look, but assuming that they're going red for home I'd like to have seen a blue alt.

Bolts: This is the black alt they need. The yoke is where it gets a little confusing... I like it without, but that just makes the lightning bolt look weird.

Sharks: Perfect. This is what they should do as the home permanently. Although I'd keep the hockey stick's original color.

Archived