Fortlaudian Premier League by soflo_sports (5/16)

soflo_sports

Well I'm back. I've been away from this site for about two months and I've kinda just been looking at other fictional soccer leagues that I thought looked great. So I decided to try one out my self. Instead of last project being based off of Florida, this one is based entirely off of a completely made up country, Fortlaudia (named after my hometown Fort Lauderdale). I feel as I've failed to finish previous concepts because I was focusing more on the backstory instead of the actual design. So I decided to make something a little smaller than previous concepts so I can actually finish something for once. I apologize that the first set isn't using the new Nike template, but I finished that team before I saw Raysox release his NuSoccer template, so props to him for creating this beauty of a template. Without further adieu I present to you the Fortlaudian Premier League!

So I've decided to do this league in pairs of fours, so since there's 16 clubs, I'll be posting new teams 3 other times. But I won't just post teams however. I plan on posting league tables (standings) every now and then, and toward the end of the project I'll post scores and a bracket for the Chevrolet FF Cup (League Cup). And once the winner of the league is announced at the very VERY end, I might make some "League Champions" designs and banners. Enough of the technical details, let me explain the backstory of the country and the league.

Fortlaudia used to be a part of the empires France, Germany, and Spain, but a treaty had to be signed that the country's respective parts of Fortlaudia had to become part of that country. But in the 16th century, Fortlaudia managed to gain independence from all those countries, with the aid of England. At that point all the parts of the Fortlaudian area united and it became one large country. Many of the English who helped Fortlaudia gain freedom settled there and formed the province known as Bradford (named after the war commander who gave Fortlaudia independence, Charles Bradford). The French, German, and Spanish portions of Italy all picked up culture and language from their former rulers. The Spanish land became known as Costero which means coastal in Spanish. The German land became known as Flachland meaning flatland in German. And the French land became known as Lancier meaning Lancer in French, which is named after the English ruler who signed the treaty that brought the area to Fortlaudia, named Alexander Lancer.

The Fortlaudian Premier League was formed in 1898 with only two clubs, who were both in Bradford known as AFC Bradford and Harold City. The two clubs eventually turned into two clubs that currently play in the league today, and by the 1900's four more clubs were added. Five clubs were based in Bradford and one based in Flachland. The league didn't add teams from Lancier or Costero until the 1940's, but they couldn't play due to World War II. The league went on hiatus for about 8 years until 1949, when it started to add many more teams. By the 60's there were 16 clubs in the league. By this time the UEFA Champions League had started, UEFA granted clubs from Fortlaudia entrance to it, and the top 3 finishers would qualify. by the early 70's the Europe League had started as well and the 4th and 5th place finishers would qualify for it. Despite being part of European competition and now having 16 clubs, the league lacked something: a league cup. So in 1978, the FF Cup (later sponsored by Chevrolet) was founded. Several clubs immediately came out as favorites to win it with strong performances in that each year, even if some failed to win the league (*cough cough* Arsenal). By the 90's world class players were brought to the clubs and the FPL became recognized as the 6th largest league in Europe behind the BPl, Bundesliga, Liga BBVA, Serie A, and Ligue 1. Well that's everything folks, hope you enjoy my new series as I know I will.

COUNTRY MAP

fplmap.png

fortlaudianpl.png

soflo copy.png

CAMPBELL CITY ROVERS

Campbell City Rovers were founded in 1905, and were one of the original 5 Bradford clubs. They are similar to West Brom in the BPL because they usually stay out of relegation trouble and dwell in the middle of the table. Their highest recorded finish was 3rd in 1936. Campbell City Rovers are known for attracting big name managers, who usually rely on buying bargain players or developing youth because of their inability to contend with the major Bradford clubs. Their greatest moment in their history was when they won the FF Cup in 1996. They have always worn black and red and the started to wear vertical stripes after WWII. They are Nike's longest running member in the FPL and their contract extends from 1992 to present day. Their away kit is usually white, grey, or yellow which displays their city flag. They are nicknamed the Lions and sometimes referred to as the Stripes because they were the first team to wear stripes. 

League Titles: 0

FF Cups: 1

Manufacturer: Nike

Sponsor: Acura

Nickname: The Lions; The Stripes

Stadium: Rovers Park

campbellcity.png

C&C always welcome

soflo copy.png

KAROLINGER FC

Karolinger FC was founded in 1908 and was the first club from Flachland. They typically are regarded as a "roller coaster" team because they are frequently relegated and promoted, similar to QPR or Freiburg. Despite their reputation as a roller coaster side, the have had past success in the FF Cup when they won it in the late 90's three times. Despite poor results, they do have good quality players for a club of their caliber and they are the 4th richest side in the league. They have a fierce rivalry with their Flachland partner, SV Gaussburg. They are known as Karolinger because the city they play in Derstauch, was the center of the Carolingian empire of the High Middle Ages. They have always worn yellow and they incorporated green after the conclusion of WWII. Their away kits are typically red and this years display a diamond pattern to emulate the city flag.

League Titles: 0

FF Cups: 3

Manufcacturer: Puma

Sponsor: Allianz

Nickname: Die Gelbs

Stadium: See-Stadion

karolinger.png

soflo copy.png

ATLÉTICO DE SOLUNA

Atlético Soluna was founded in 1941, just before WWII. They never actually played a game until 1949 so it had plenty of time to develop. This development period benefited Atlético very much as they were able to secure world class players and staff over the next 25 years. By the 60's, once the league had all 16 teams, Atlético had become the most dominant team in Costero, but little did they know that the new sides would poise as a threat to their reign. The two other Costero teams soon passed Atlético, and they haven't been able to get back in their groove since then. Before the 60's, they had won 9 titles, but after the 60's they only won 1. They have found their success in the FF Cup however, winning 5 since 1990. They always wear red and gold as their home strip, and have just recently started using pink as their away kit, which was either white or black before. They have a fierce rivalry with the other two Costero clubs, especially Real Cantino. Their flag has a St. Andrew's cross type design, which is emulated on their away kit. The city of Soluna was founded by Spanish conquistadors in the 1100's and it got its name because those conquistadors said in a journal that on their first day in the settlement, they could see the sun (Sol) and the moon (Luna) in the sky at the same time.

League Titles: 10

FF Cups: 5

Manufacturer: Umbro

Sponsor: Telefonica

Nickname: Los Celestiales

Stadium: Estadio San Carlos

atleticosoluna.png

soflo copy.png

PARC DE CHÊNE FC

Parc de Chêne was founded in 1949 as the third side from Lancier. They are considered the best of the Lancier sides and they vie for the title about every season. They are equivalent to Liverpool in England because they have had lots of success in Europe, and past success in domestic competition, but have gone down in quality recently. They have a record of 11 FF Cups and have won 8 league titles. Parc de Chêne translates to Oak Park in French, and they are named this because of the forested areas containing oak trees surrounding the city. They have always worn blue and yellow since the 60's, and their away kit changes frequently, but is usually white. Their current away kit pays homage to their first kits when the entered the league and the crest on the away kit is a modernized version of the one they used starting in 1949. Their greatest moment in club history was either when they won their first Champions Legue in 2008, defeating Bayern Munich on penalties, or when they won the league by 1 point on a stoppage time game winner.

League Titles: 8

FF Cups: 11

Manufacturer: Adidas

Sponsor: Renault

Nickname: Bleu et Jaunes

Stadium: Parc Forestier

PCFC.png

soflo copy.png

Very strong start to this series. The logos are all done very well and they go along with the fantastic back stories. Part de Chêne has to be my favorite early on. The logo is great and the jerseys are very well done. One thing I might add though is that the logo has alternating blue and white stripes, but that doesn't appear on the jerseys. Maybe if you added them to the clash it'd create more unity between the jerseys and the logo. But overall a good start!

13 hours ago, Roadrunner8ball said:

Very strong start to this series. The logos are all done very well and they go along with the fantastic back stories. Part de Chêne has to be my favorite early on. The logo is great and the jerseys are very well done. One thing I might add though is that the logo has alternating blue and white stripes, but that doesn't appear on the jerseys. Maybe if you added them to the clash it'd create more unity between the jerseys and the logo. But overall a good start!

I might consider trying an experimental third kit for the white stripes if I have to. Thanks for the kind words, there's more on the way!

soflo copy.png

FPLTable_Week34.png

Here's the Week 34 table in the league. Palm-Aire leads Gaussburg and Soluna by a narrow margin and Cantino, Pics Bleus, and Brigade all fight against relegation.

More tables, clubs, and maps will be posted soon.

C&C welcome and very much appreciated

soflo copy.png

• 2 weeks later...

Marineros CF

Marineros CF is a Costeran club located in the coastal town of Costa Azul. They are considered the most successful of all the Costeran clubs and they hold a cross-town rivalry with Atlético Soluna. Soluna is usually the only club that challenges Marineros for the Costeran title each year, despite Marineros having more League titles and FF Cups. Marineros are known for their heavy defensive tactics and exceptional goalkeeping. The greatest player to play in the league, Jorge Mejor, won 8 titles and 5 Cups with Marineros. Despite being one of the most successful clubs in the league and Europe, they have struggled in recent years finishing 8th, 6th, 10th, and now hold a 5th place. They have always worn white and teal since their foundation in 1941. They usually wear navy or royal blue as their away kit. Marineros have had historic success in the Champions League as well, winning it twice in 8 years, first in 1996 vs Liverpool and second in 2006 against Atlético Soluna, which added on to these two sides classic rivalry.

marineros.png

soflo copy.png

Archived