Utah Jazz Logo

R3G

Could I get some CC on this? I'm still learning.

Jazz logo.png

EDIT: I was trying to just do this quickly, but now I have some time. I made this recently, and I saw this, and I wanted to merge the two. The thing was that I didn't save the file as a PSD, so I was having trouble with a new font up top. And the other thing I struggled with was the stroke on the mountains. the stroke on Photoshop's stroke FX sucks so I tried to make my own but line size is tough to work with. Any advice? I'm definitely gonna revise it. Fix the font and try to fix the mountains. I'll get around to trying to make some jerseys for them as well. Thanks in advance!

signature.png

Check out my Instagram page! 9.5k strong! @RileyGissemanArt

8 minutes ago, MontyK17 said:

It looks good. One thing is the middle vertical line isn't centre and out of curiosity why didn't you use the Jazz's current colour scheme? 

Thanks! Yeah I was strugging with the stroke of the mountain. I'm gonna try to figure something out. For the color scheme, I just liked the idea of switching it up with retro colors from '98. I can change it and show everyone what it looks like with their color scheme now, though.

signature.png

Check out my Instagram page! 9.5k strong! @RileyGissemanArt

i like the updated versions with the jazz's current color scheme but, once i saw it , it couldn't be unseen. (the basketball with the mountains kinda look like an onion.) great work though. looking forward to your improvements.

banner_zps4po4z5y5.png

11 hours ago, R3G said:

Thanks! Yeah I was strugging with the stroke of the mountain. I'm gonna try to figure something out. For the color scheme, I just liked the idea of switching it up with retro colors from '98. I can change it and show everyone what it looks like with their color scheme now, though.

To be fully honest I did not know the Jazz wore those colours ever! the Redesign all look great especially the Purple one its my favourite 

VWSqUJp.png9GfZbEP.pngPFHWZkI.png

Interesting concept. I think the mountain range at the top of the ball should be more pronounced, seems a little small compared to everything else.

I would wrap "Utah Jazz" around the bottom half of the roundel instead of trying to jam it above the mountain peaks. Or leave Jazz and have a larger "UTAH" across the middle center of the ball/roundel. Just a couple of ideas. I like the concept a lot.

Nice start!

• 10 months later...
1 hour ago, R3G said:

After a while, I figured I'd post this and see what you guys think...

Jazz note-mountains.png

This is a step in the right direction, IMO. However, the mountain peaks are way too small. Any smaller application of this logo would make this difficult to replicate and the peaks would more than likely get lost. 

gYH2mW9.png

Your logo's not bad but I've always wondered why most NBA logos have to incorporate a basketball? Also - I really wish the Jazz would change their name to reflect Utah instead of New Orleans. Just like the Lakers - the name makes zero sense.

11 minutes ago, brycew8 said:

Your logo's not bad but I've always wondered why most NBA logos have to incorporate a basketball? Also - I really wish the Jazz would change their name to reflect Utah instead of New Orleans. Just like the Lakers - the name makes zero sense.

I thought it used to be a rule or something that every primary logo must incorporate a basketball and have the full team name. But I guess that theory is wrong, since the Spurs, Blazers, Bulls and Nuggets have never really had a basketball in their logo.

45 minutes ago, VDizzle12 said:

I thought it used to be a rule or something that every primary logo must incorporate a basketball and have the full team name. But I guess that theory is wrong, since the Spurs, Blazers, Bulls and Nuggets have never really had a basketball in their logo.

It's not a requirement, but it's proved a helpful marketing tool as the NBA has expanded its reach into parts of the world previously unfamiliar with basketball.

rATMcmK.png

5 hours ago, VDizzle12 said:

It's a requirement for just a logo in a team's logoset to have a basketball, and the primary to have the full team name. Old logos (such as the Spurs') are grandfathered in, but if they ever change, then they would have to either fit a basketball into their current logo or make a new logo with a basketball in it.

ExJworW.png

Archived