Bigmike's NFL Series 2016 (32/32) *MFL leaked logos

bigmike

DALLAS COWBOYS

Primary/Alternate Uniforms: The Cowboys have a pretty classic set, this entire division is pretty classic overall. I wanted to streamline their look a lot more. I'm not a fan of the inconsistent silver/gray colors they use throughout their current set. The silver used in this concept is used throughout each uniform. I basically just combined their white and blue jersey's looks to create a streamlined look throughout the whole set. White stays as the home uniform, navy becomes the Clash/Away set, and the Alternate is silver, I'd have them wear it as a home alternate considering it isn't much different than the whites. They are one of the few teams that I actually see pulling off a gray alternate as well.

Home Uniform

Dallas%20Cowboys%20Home%20Uniform_zpszsc

Away/Clash Uniform

Dallas%20Cowboys%20Away%20Uniform_zpsbin

Alternate Uniform

Dallas%20Cowboys%20Alternate%20Uniform_z

Throwback Set: The throwback set is pretty self explanatory. I actually did this one in the same throwback concepts I mentioned with the Texans. Just a recreation of the 60's era Cowboy uniforms. The main difference between this set and the throwback sets they've worn like this before is the yoke is re-created as accurately as possible, even using the undershirt to continue the yokes. Also went with a navy facemask, I'm not opposed to gray but I like the fact that the whole uniform only uses two colors so that is why I went with navy.

Dallas%20Cowboys%20Throwback%20Uniform_z

@ahowe6464 Still the Redskins, felt like yellow was better for the skin than brown or red. I'll explain the logo updates a little bit more when I post them!

Check out my new NFL 2016 Series!

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

NEW YORK GIANTS

Primary/Alternate Uniforms: The Giants have a pretty good look as is. The one problem I have is the fact that they don't balance their colors out very well in their home and away uniforms. For this concept, the entire set gets a consistent two-toned northwestern stripe look on each part of the uniform. This brings a little red to the home jersey while bringing a little bit of blue to the away jersey. Added their word mark to the chest as well.

Home Uniform

New%20York%20Giants%20Home%20Uniforms_zp

Away Uniform

New%20York%20Giants%20Away%20Uniforms_zp

Alternate Uniform

New%20York%20Giants%20Alternate%20Unifor

Throwback Set: The Giants start off what is probably the most old-school division when it comes to throwback looks. For the Giants, Eagles and the Redskins I took elements from the 30's-50's. The helmets are inspired by the ones worn in the 30's and 40's...basically the Michigan stripe but it cuts off in the back. Pants are more so inspired by the 1936 set, although I opted for the side stripe as opposed to the stripe on the back of the pants. Jerseys are inspired by the 50's as well as their current set. 

New%20York%20Giants%20Throwback%20Unifor

PHILADELPHIA EAGLES

Primary/Alternate Uniforms: I'm not a huge fan of the current uniforms the Eagles have. I think they have great logos but the colors are a little dull to me, I also think they have a lot of amazing sets in their history to pull from. For the most part, I took inspiration from these uniforms. Went with the lighter green and a "midnight green" as well as silver and white for the new colors. Made some new wings from the primary logo, starting out I just wanted to use these on the sleeves but for consistency purposes ended up adding them to the helmet as well. It also has a hidden E in the wings when you look at it from the right angle. @Weapon X had a pretty similar idea recently, thought I'd give you a shoutout since you beat me to the punch with posting yours, great minds think alike! Number and name fonts are updated to match the word mark better, home and away uniforms have more of a classic feel while the alternate "Midnight" uniforms exclude white and uses a shiny silver to go along with the midnight green color.

Home Uniform

Philadelphia%20Eagles%20Home%20Uniforms_

Away Uniform

Philadelphia%20Eagles%20Away%20Uniforms_

Alternate Uniform

Philadelphia%20Eagles%20Alternate%20Unif

Throwback Set: One of my favorite throwback match-ups in the entire league this season will feature a great old school match-up of uniforms between the Eagles and the Packers. Considering I used classic influence for the normal uniforms, I wanted to go real old school with the throwbacks. The Eagles have throwback to this look before. And while some people might find this look to be over the top or ugly, I really love the colors and the overall retro feel it has. I took the influence from the 1934 set a step further, the helmet is rendered almost exactly the way it was on the leather helmet even using extra detail from the leather stitching (a la Texas A&M). The jerseys also feature inspiration from the 80's by using the flying eagle logo on the sleeve. Shoulder numbers are added as well just because I've included TV numbers on every uniform in this series. The pants and socks are pulled straight from the '34 set.

Philadelphia%20Eagles%20Throwback%20Unif

@TheBigBuc You mean for the Primary uniforms or the throwback? I like the flat numbers as is right now but I could give it a try.

I'll post the new Redskins tomorrow (I did a complete overhaul). In the meantime, I'd love to hear more comments on all of the NFC East, this division hasn't picked up much steam so far.

I'm a longtime Eagles fan (since I was 10) so I came in during the Ron Jawoski/Wilbert Montgomery kelly green and silver era... I never actually liked the old green and I never owned any Eagles merchandise until they changed to the current midnight green, which I much prefer.

That said, it's an interesting take on the helmet wings, replacing them with the back of the Eagle head logo. I like the idea of using the kelly green with the midnight green instead of black. The uniforms pop with that combination. I do prefer the midnight green look of the alternates, but I would go with white numbers -- the silver-gray looks kind of dull. And the godawful yellow and blue throwback uniforms need to be burned. You did a nice take on them, though, considering what you're given to work with.

22eb89183f6e207bcbce03d4e0b1474d.jpg

19 hours ago, bigmike said:

PHILADELPHIA EAGLES

Primary/Alternate Uniforms: I'm not a huge fan of the current uniforms the Eagles have. I think they have great logos but the colors are a little dull to me, I also think they have a lot of amazing sets in their history to pull from. For the most part, I took inspiration from these uniforms. Went with the lighter green and a "midnight green" as well as silver and white for the new colors. Made some new wings from the primary logo, starting out I just wanted to use these on the sleeves but for consistency purposes ended up adding them to the helmet as well. It also has a hidden E in the wings when you look at it from the right angle. @Weapon X had a pretty similar idea recently, thought I'd give you a shoutout since you beat me to the punch with posting yours, great minds think alike! Number and name fonts are updated to match the word mark better, home and away uniforms have more of a classic feel while the alternate "Midnight" uniforms exclude white and uses a shiny silver to go along with the midnight green color.

Home Uniform

Away Uniform

Alternate Uniform

Throwback Set: One of my favorite throwback match-ups in the entire league this season will feature a great old school match-up of uniforms between the Eagles and the Packers. Considering I used classic influence for the normal uniforms, I wanted to go real old school with the throwbacks. The Eagles have throwback to this look before. And while some people might find this look to be over the top or ugly, I really love the colors and the overall retro feel it has. I took the influence from the 1934 set a step further, the helmet is rendered almost exactly the way it was on the leather helmet even using extra detail from the leather stitching (a la Texas A&M). The jerseys also feature inspiration from the 80's by using the flying eagle logo on the sleeve. Shoulder numbers are added as well just because I've included TV numbers on every uniform in this series. The pants and socks are pulled straight from the '34 set.

@TheBigBuc You mean for the Primary uniforms or the throwback? I like the flat numbers as is right now but I could give it a try.

I'll post the new Redskins tomorrow (I did a complete overhaul). In the meantime, I'd love to hear more comments on all of the NFC East, this division hasn't picked up much steam so far.

For the primary uniforms, I think that will be a perfect way to link eras of Giants history 

22 hours ago, bigmike said:

PHILADELPHIA EAGLES

Home Uniform

Away Uniform

Alternate Uniform

@bigmike Love this! I especially the throwback the only thing I would maybe do is get rid of the green on the wing on the away jersey but other than that these are amazing?

WASHINGTON REDSKINS

Primary/Alternate Uniforms: This might be my favorite concept in the entire series. It is somewhat of a rebrand. I'm not normally big on making new logos and stuff but I've gotten pretty good at using GIMP and the Redskins were a team that I felt like needed a fresh update on their logos. First off, I updated their Primary logo. It is extremely similar, I basically retraced the logo and tried making it look a little more modern. Yellow is used a little more prominently just because I felt like it looked better on the skin than red, also because the logo is used against a red background most of the time. I chose to create a headband with feathers to be featured on the logo, because of this I decided to leave off the feathers that are normally featured on the roundel, it just felt unnecessary and repetitive to me. The uniforms keep the same spirit of their current uniforms but feature the headband's pattern on the striping for the helmet, collars, sleeves and pants. I also created a new word mark based on this logo. This gave me the opportunity to create a unique alternate helmet which features a yellow shell and the Redskins script instead of the logo. "Warrior" Nike font used for the names and numbers. Side by side comparison of the old logos and the new logos. 

Home Uniform

Washington%20Redskins%20Home%20Uniform_z

Away Uniform

Washington%20Redskins%20Away%20Uniform_z

Alternate Uniform

Washington%20Redskins%20Alternate%20Unif

Throwback Set: Redskins get an away version of their current throwbacks which are some of my favorite in the league. I tried recreating the logo to the best of my ability. The leather painted helmet returns and TV numbers are added as well to the shoulders. Not much else to explain about this one other than they would appear on Thanksgiving Day vs the Cowboys.

Washington%20Redskins%20Throwback%20Unif

That wraps up the NFC East.  @Weapon X I'll admit, the green wing is the only thing I wasn't 100% about when I made the concept. Only solutions by keeping the wing white would be possibly keeping the green outline around it to create some contrast or just keeping the sleeve green like the home jersey. Some things I'll keep in mind when I go back for possible updates.

I'm hoping to hear some more feedback on this division especially the Redskins. I feel like there hasn't been much comments on any of the stuff recently. I'm completely open to suggestions, one reason I haven't made much design updates yet is because I really want to go ahead and post my original stuff and go back to try some of the suggestions after I get done doing all of that, so if you've made suggestions just know that I am and will continue to keep those in mind! I've thought about possibly updating the presentation as well, if I could come with a layout presentation I'm happy with I may end up posting all of the uniforms on one sheet instead of having to post 4 pictures at a time but I felt like the simplistic presentation was good enough to catch everyone's eye. Sometimes simplicity is better than trying too hard to go over the top with something like presentation. I've also noticed that I have left my signature off of some of the slides, I'll go back and fix that over the next day or so. 

Washington's concept look good, I like the wordmark that you made looks awesome and striping is good and unique but it looks overdone on the unis. I was wondering how the number font will look on other digits since it cuts off on the left side.

For the Eagles, the away set looks like classic and really like the kelly green. I prefer the wings that they currently use since it's a big part of their identity for me. I think using their fight song fly eagles fly title will be a great addition to their uniforms.  

23 hours ago, bigmike said:

"Yellow is used a little more prominently just because I felt like it looked better on the skin than red, also because the logo is used against a red background most of the time."

@ahowe6464

Design choice more than anything else but I did explain it. It's a logo using team colors, if I go back to change the skin it'll be a tan-brownish color similar to the throwback logo. The maroon color doesn't look very good on the skin as it clashes with black too much.

I can see why the Redskin logo has stirred up debate, but I personally don't have a problem with it because it upgrades their logo IMO. An example would be in the Chief Illiniwek logo. It's colors are used as a design aspect and part of their team colors. I know they don't have a specific "Redskins" name to match the logo, but look at the White Sox even. They wear black socks! Also you keep the original logo in the throwback which I like. Well done!

Illinois.gif

Archived