Bigmike's NFL Series 2016 (32/32) *MFL leaked logos

bigmike

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, KittSmith_95 said:

Don't like the Alt for the Jets. It's a good idea, but it wouldn't look good on the field.

I also don't like the font change. The font's angle and roundness doesn't go well with the jerseys at all.

Ditto to this, but the helmet is really nice. Keep the helmet style.

IMG_7365.PNG

IMG_7364.PNG

6 hours ago, KittSmith_95 said:

Don't like the Alt for the Jets. It's a good idea, but it wouldn't look good on the field.

I also don't like the font change. The font's angle and roundness doesn't go well with the jerseys at all.

I can agree on the font maybe not working as well as I'd have liked it too. I may go with another one. Don't think that I'd agree that the alt uniforms wouldn't look good on the field though, it is essentially just a shoulder yoke which is pretty common in football. That will probably be one of the sets I try out for a real jersey swap picture.

Check out my new NFL 2016 Series!

12 minutes ago, bigmike said:

I can agree on the font maybe not working as well as I'd have liked it too. I may go with another one. Don't think that I'd agree that the alt uniforms wouldn't look good on the field though, it is essentially just a shoulder yoke which is pretty common in football. That will probably be one of the sets I try out for a real jersey swap picture.

That's not the issue I have. It's the alt's pants also having that pattern at the very bottom of them. That looks out of place to me.

new_orleans_krewe_player_sig___qb_donny_

6 minutes ago, KittSmith_95 said:

That's not the issue I have. It's the alt's pants also having that pattern at the very bottom of them. That looks out of place to me.

Fair point... the idea for those pants were to go for something similar to what Under Armor is doing now or what nike has done with Hawaii before

On May 21, 2016 at 3:59 PM, KittSmith_95 said:

I actually hate BOTH of those examples, personally. Each looks tacky and makes me think WHY?

It's fair to have that opinion. I'm not a fan of seeing a style like that all the time but I personally don't think it is tacky or a bad way to use a stripe for something like a alternate uniform (if it's pulled off the right way). I'm still a fan of those Hawaii uniforms but to each their own! In all honesty, the normal uniform's pants would probably work just as well with my alternate uniform but I thought I'd give the alternate pants a shot. So I may make that adjustment to it. I do agree with you on the numbers though, I think I can pick one out that fits the updated wordmark better and will flow with the uniform a little bit better.

On May 21, 2016 at 9:09 AM, JosiahWVU said:

Great look for the Jets. the alternate helmet is very cool. I like the throwback, but I feel that it to closely ties to the regular uniforms.

I agree with this, it is in fact why I originally was going to go with the Blue and Gold color scheme but I just didn't know if it fit as well as the green and white one. Regardless here is a look at it in the other color scheme.

EDIT: See Jets updated post below

NEW YORK JETS (UPDATE)

Primary/Alternate Uniforms: So here comes the first major updated post in the entire series so far. I think @KittSmith_95 had a good point about the number font, it was honestly one of the things I was most iffy about but thought it worked well enough, after going back to the drawing board I think I found a font that works better with the logo and wordmark. Changes: New slightly modified Invader font used across all sets.

Home Uniform

New%20York%20Jets%20Home%20Uniforms_zpss

Away Uniform

New%20York%20Jets%20Away%20Uniforms_zps5

Alternate Uniform (Alternate Helmet included)

New%20York%20Jets%20Alternate%20Uniforms

Throwback Set: The throwback is updated as well. Same uniform but with the New York Titan's color scheme. To answer @Broncoboy7's question about the gold actually being darker he is right. The color scheme is actually used from the throwback uniforms the Jets have worn before as opposed to the actual lighter version the 1960 team wore during the season, if you click the link you will actually notice that the preseason uniforms used the darker color scheme. The reason I went with this one is because I like it more and it will also separate them from the Charger's throwback once that comes.

New%20York%20Jets%20Throwback%20Uniform_

1 hour ago, Phil B. said:

great work.... would love to see #1 and NEWTON on the Panthers uniform. Guess that might be too much ask for.

Bucs are my favorites

I was waiting for someone to say that when I posted it. Despite the fact that I'm not a huge fan of Newton, the main reason I didn't use him was because 1 isn't a great number to model the uniform in but then again I used Julio Jones for the Falcons so that isn't the best excuse. I have no problems making one just so you can see what it looks like though! At some point when this series is coming to a close, I may make some avatars or signatures just for fun and I am planning on using photo realistic jersey swaps so Cam will definitely be one of the guys I do for the Panthers as well. Thanks for the kind words!

I'll try to get the helmets for the NFC West up in just a little bit and the Cardinals tonight as well.

NFC WEST

NFC%20West%20Helmets_zpsm2qdz0yk.png

Arizona Cardinals (Posted 5/23/16): Home, Away, Alternate, Throwback

Los Angeles Rams (Posted 5/23/16): Home, Away, Alternate, Throwback

San Francisco 49ers (Posted 5/25/16): Home, Away, Alternate, Throwback

Seattle Seahawks (UPDATE Posted 5/31/16, V.1 Posted 5/26/16): Home, Away, Alternate, Throwback

THROWBACK WEEK MATCH-UPS (Jersey/Pants Colors):

Arizona Cardinals (White/Red) @ Falcons 

Los Angeles Rams (Navy/Navy) @ Saints *Saints in All-White

San Francisco 49ers (White/Silver) @ Dolphins

Seattle Seahawks (Coming Soon) @ Buccaneers *Color vs Color Match-up

ARIZONA CARDINALS

Primary/Alternate Uniforms: Everybody that does a concept for the Cardinals uses the Arizona state flag in some shape or form these days. Most of the time it is sublimated in some area of the jersey (sleeves, back of jersey, pants, etc.) and there have been a lot of really great concepts out there that use this in the past. I knew that I would likely use it but I didn't want it to be the main focus of the uniform because I wanted to try something different. What I came up with was a way to reintroduce an older look and combine it with modern elements. I took influence from the combined striping/flag pattern that was used starting in 1989 and throughout the 90's. So what are the differences? The striping becomes smaller to fit the modern Nike template, the state flag actually features the Cardinal logo in the center as opposed to the star. The flag uses sublimated colors on the home uniform as a nod to the plain red uniforms from the 90's and the flag reverts to it's normal colors on the away just as it was used on the old uniforms as well. Copper is introduced as a new color replacing yellow (which was only used on the logo), this is implemented more so on the Alternate "State Pride" uniform. Copper helmet used as an alternate, it replaces all of the stripe colors and is used for the pants as well. The undershirt and gloves become more unique for this set by featuring the state flag colors as opposed to the sublimated version. All fonts used match the wordmarks as well.

Home Uniform

Arizona%20Cardinals%20Home%20Uniform_zps

Away Uniform

Arizona%20Cardinals%20Away%20Uniform_zps

Alternate Uniform

Arizona%20Cardinals%20Alternate%20Unifor

Throwback Set: This throwback set was a little bit tougher due to the fact that I had already re-introduced a "retro" look for the primary set. The striping pattern on the jersey is borrowed from their late 90's/early 2000's look. I feel like it works well because it is much thinner and gives off more of a retro feel than the actual primary set does. The red pants are used from that set as well. Old Cardinal logo is brought back on the helmets. the numbers used on the uniform are actually from a look the St. Louis cardinals had in the 70's. Here are a couple of different looks at that set: picture 1, picture 2. I used a very dark maroon as the drop shadow color, I'm honestly not sure if it was maroon or black used in the 70's for this but I liked the maroon look so I went with it.

Arizona%20Cardinals%20Throwback%20Unifor

My opinion on NFC EAST. Dallas Cowboys is superb. Eagles Like the two tone green concept but helmet logo doesn't work for me. Redskins Pant and helmet striping are neat. Giants, I prefer single stripe on the helmet. You have been working hard at all of these. My Favorite is still the Jags with Dallas a close second.

Nice set for the Cardinals. One nitpick though. I feel that the Cardinal head should be facing the other direction on the warmup shirts because it just doesn't feel correct facing the left. The throwback set is fine, just the home, away, and alternate need that fixed.

IMG_7365.PNG

IMG_7364.PNG

My opinions on AFC EAST. Buffalo is the Best of the 4 and being more specific the Buffalo Throwback is outstanding.

I do like the Jets Throwback also. It is very readable. The Overlapping logo on the  white helmet is my least favorite part of this concept. IMO a simple silhouette of a fighter jet {Winnipeg Jetlike} would help. Maybe this one if you are thinking passenger jet. Use The Green football and make the jet the negative space. Just a thought.  I'm undecided on the striping and the white yoke. Number font is nice. Patriots is good. Would like to see Stars somewhere on the pants or sleeve striping. Dolphins is decent. I like the fin font. It is outside of the normal. Not crazy about the surfboard helmet stripe though. Don't really know how to tweak it though. Jags and Cowboys are still the best.

Archived