Bigmike's NFL Series 2016 (32/32) *MFL leaked logos

bigmike

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My ranking for AFC West is Broncos, Chargers,Chiefs and Raiders.

for Denver-Shoulder stripe letter "D" is a keeper. Throwback uni is my favorite of this set. Very Well done.

for San Diego the under shirt with the bolts is nice. The stripe inside the number works for me but I am curious to  see what a jagged edge of a bolt would look like instead of horizontal stripes.

for Kansas City The DallasTexans helmet logo for the Throwback helmet is my favorite. The stripes on the helmet and pants are okay. What I think might help is to chisel the stroke/edge on the Numbers and Letters similar to the arrowhead logo. I also think a thin black stroke on the inner and outer portion of this chiseled edge will make the number stand out. Just a thought.

for Oakland I like the Alt uni the best. Get rid of the rounded number font and stay with the one you used on the throwback.

Jags is still my favorite overall Next would be the Cowboys then the Rams. Panthers, Saints and Broncos are 4,5,and 6.

On 5/23/2016 at 6:07 PM, bigmike said:

LOS ANGELES RAMS

Primary/Alternate Uniforms: So my roommate @ThePastor is a huge Ram's fan. We have always agreed that the Rams throwback look is their best look as does most people. With that being said, there is still ways to modernize that classic look and that is exactly what I did. The Rams need exciting uniforms for their move to LA but they don't have to do that by rebranding one of the best logo sets in the NFL. Everything gets recolored, a lighter shade of blue replaces the Navy and yellow replaces their gold color. The horns are stylized on the helmet and uniforms to match the logo better. I also added a "horn" like stripe to the pants. All of the fonts are updated to match the wordmark better, and by doing this I also created a secondary LA logo which can be seen on the undershirt and the pants. I'm a little skeptical about where it is placed it on the pants, it may just need to be recolored there. The collar is also heavily stylized. I think the Rams actually pull of the Nike collar now but thought I'd try to make it flow a little bit better with the rest of the uniform. Other than that, everything else is pretty much self explanatory. 

Home Uniform

Los%20Angeles%20Rams%20Home%20Uniform_zp

Away Uniform

Los%20Angeles%20Rams%20Away%20Uniform_zp

Alternate Uniform

Los%20Angeles%20Rams%20Alternate%20Unifo

Throwback Set: The Rams get a bit of a fauxback. I put the Saints in all-white for this game so the Rams decide to counter with a monochrome look as well. The jersey style actually comes from their current throwback set but uses the "Fearsome Four" navy and white color scheme. I also decided to go with an inverted helmet making it white with blue horns as a way to counter the Saints gold helmet with white uniforms. This would be the first time the Rams have ever worn a white helmet.

Los%20Angeles%20Rams%20Throwback%20Unifo

@Broncoboy7 Good point, I'll go back and adjust the undershirt's logo!

Lovely set. I wish the pants on the throwbacks is white instead of monochrome styled tops and pants! But I see what you did when you made the throwback helmets white. I like the Rams look there. Keeping it old, but with new features and gimmicks!!!

Thanks for the comments and suggestions. 

As far as the Raiders go, I was a little iffy on the font myself. I think the font I used works but still was never 100% sold on it, I'll try out a block font or even the throwback font as a possible replacement and see if it works better in my eyes.

I'm going to try to post the NFC North tomorrow. I'm actually tweaking the AFC North right now, it was my last division to complete and I'm still not 100% satisfied on it either. I may end up posting my visions for it and tweak it accordingly to suggestions. I'm pretty set on the NFC North at the moment.

I would rather wait to get in a long discussion for this next topic until I am completely done with this series but I am just going to go ahead and throw it out there because I have been working on it a lot in my free time. My next project is the spin-off of this series, it will be based on a minor league football system for the NFL. As of now, I have 16 teams, 9 of those teams will actually use logos and inspiration from a former fantasy simulation league that raysox and I ran together called "Minor League Football." This plays a big part in the new series serving as inspiration in which I will include both the fantasy backgrounds for each team as well as a more realistic fictional history. The goal of the project will eventually be creating 32 minor league teams for all of the 32 NFL teams. For the 2016 season, I'm going to just go with 16, I'm going to write up a way that the system would work and explain rosters and how players are chosen for each team's models.

For now, I will go ahead and leave these team names and locations here, if you guys have any suggestions for nicknames feel free to let me know, I don't want to dive in to it too deeply but I would like to see what people think of the possible names right now.

1. Virginia Beach Neptunes (Won't be changing this one, I already have a logo created for them which is some of my best work to date.)

2. Portland Platipi (This is a tricky one, would Platypus or Platipodes sound better? Also have a vision for the logo but am having some trouble translating it to GIMP right now, other name possibility I was thinking was the Lumberjacks but Platypi are a unique animal and sort of a combo between the Ducks and Beavers so I thought that may work better).

3. Oklahoma City Outlaws (Really open to suggestions for this, Outlaws has been done before so I'm not sold on it at the moment.)

4. St. Louis Archers (Best I could come up with, for the logo I'm thinking of a Marvel's Hawkeye influence, also open to changing this, my roommate had the suggestion of doing a gothic theme but we couldn't think of a fitting name)

5. New Mexico 47's (Probably won't change this either, the 47's were an original franchise in the fantasy league but relocated and changed their name. Regardless, I don't mind bringing this name back and doing my own spin on it, the name refers to the 1947 Roswell UFO incident.)

6. Bronx Pinstripes (Another one that I won't be changing, chose this name and location because I want a couple of teams in New York City, I feel like this works because of the Pinstripe bowl and Yankee Stadium being the likely stadium they would play in. Have a logo already created for them as well.)

7. (Non-Expansion Team) Orlando Juice (Separated this from the bunch because originally we had a team called the Memphis Kings, I'll bring back the Kings if I expand to 16 more teams but in our final season they were relocating to Orlando. I think Orlando works better than Memphis location wise for the set-up I have at the moment. Went with the name Juice over Aviators which I am saving for another future expansion team, I'm not completely opposed to changing the Juice name but I have some pretty good ideas for the branding involving Oranges at the moment. 

So let me know what you think about this idea and the names. Once I get done with the NFL teams, I will go ahead and post the parent teams for these minor league squads and 16 possible expansion locations which will be completely open for suggestion.

Check out my new NFL 2016 Series!

12 hours ago, bigmike said:

Thanks for the comments and suggestions. 

As far as the Raiders go, I was a little iffy on the font myself. I think the font I used works but still was never 100% sold on it, I'll try out a block font or even the throwback font as a possible replacement and see if it works better in my eyes.

I'm going to try to post the NFC North tomorrow. I'm actually tweaking the AFC North right now, it was my last division to complete and I'm still not 100% satisfied on it either. I may end up posting my visions for it and tweak it accordingly to suggestions. I'm pretty set on the NFC North at the moment.

I would rather wait to get in a long discussion for this next topic until I am completely done with this series but I am just going to go ahead and throw it out there because I have been working on it a lot in my free time. My next project is the spin-off of this series, it will be based on a minor league football system for the NFL. As of now, I have 16 teams, 9 of those teams will actually use logos and inspiration from a former fantasy simulation league that raysox and I ran together called "Minor League Football." This plays a big part in the new series serving as inspiration in which I will include both the fantasy backgrounds for each team as well as a more realistic fictional history. The goal of the project will eventually be creating 32 minor league teams for all of the 32 NFL teams. For the 2016 season, I'm going to just go with 16, I'm going to write up a way that the system would work and explain rosters and how players are chosen for each team's models.

For now, I will go ahead and leave these team names and locations here, if you guys have any suggestions for nicknames feel free to let me know, I don't want to dive in to it too deeply but I would like to see what people think of the possible names right now.

1. Virginia Beach Neptunes (Won't be changing this one, I already have a logo created for them which is some of my best work to date.)

2. Portland Platipi (This is a tricky one, would Platypus or Platipodes sound better? Also have a vision for the logo but am having some trouble translating it to GIMP right now, other name possibility I was thinking was the Lumberjacks but Platypi are a unique animal and sort of a combo between the Ducks and Beavers so I thought that may work better).

3. Oklahoma City Outlaws (Really open to suggestions for this, Outlaws has been done before so I'm not sold on it at the moment.)

4. St. Louis Archers (Best I could come up with, for the logo I'm thinking of a Marvel's Hawkeye influence, also open to changing this, my roommate had the suggestion of doing a gothic theme but we couldn't think of a fitting name)

5. New Mexico 47's (Probably won't change this either, the 47's were an original franchise in the fantasy league but relocated and changed their name. Regardless, I don't mind bringing this name back and doing my own spin on it, the name refers to the 1947 Roswell UFO incident.)

6. Bronx Pinstripes (Another one that I won't be changing, chose this name and location because I want a couple of teams in New York City, I feel like this works because of the Pinstripe bowl and Yankee Stadium being the likely stadium they would play in. Have a logo already created for them as well.)

7. (Non-Expansion Team) Orlando Juice (Separated this from the bunch because originally we had a team called the Memphis Kings, I'll bring back the Kings if I expand to 16 more teams but in our final season they were relocating to Orlando. I think Orlando works better than Memphis location wise for the set-up I have at the moment. Went with the name Juice over Aviators which I am saving for another future expansion team, I'm not completely opposed to changing the Juice name but I have some pretty good ideas for the branding involving Oranges at the moment. 

So let me know what you think about this idea and the names. Once I get done with the NFL teams, I will go ahead and post the parent teams for these minor league squads and 16 possible expansion locations which will be completely open for suggestion.

Oh I got a list

As the local Oklahoma City resident(^_^), I think that the Oklahoma City team should be named after the Land Run of 1889. There was a minor league baseball team called the 89'ers, and the name is still popular. I'd love to see what you could do with that. 

image.png 

"Okay, Mr. OKC, you obviously have never been to Louisville."

NFC NORTH

NFC%20North%20Helmets_zpsd5hy5uu1.png

Chicago Bears (Posted 6/14/16): Home, Away, Alternate, Throwback

Detroit Lions (Posted 6/16/16): Home, Away, Alternate, Throwback

Green Bay Packers (Posted 6/20/16): Home, Away, Alternate, Throwback

Minnesota Vikings (Posted 6/26/16): Home, Away, Alternate, Throwback

Throwback Week Match-ups (Jersey/Pants Colors)

Chicago Bears (Navy/White) vs Titans

Detroit Lions (Blue/Silver) vs Vikings

Green Bay Packers (White/Green) @ Eagles

Minnesota Vikings (White/White) @ Lions

CHICAGO BEARS
Primary/Alternate Uniforms: Chicago has a classic look. I didn't want to get away from that but I did want to put my own twist on the set. I made the striping pattern a little bit larger on each sleeve to make it more unique. Each jersey follows the same striping pattern but the stripes contrast the jersey instead of staying consistent with each set. The GSH text appears on the left sleeve. I went with the Bears/logo wordmark on the chest. The numbers are orange on the home uniform instead of white and the numbers are a little bit more bold than they appear in real life. Orange jersey brought back for the alternate. Helmet stripes added to match the pants. My favorite part of the entire set is the Ditka inspired undershirt.

Home Uniform

Chicago%20Bears%20Home%20Uniforms_zpswpf

Away Uniform

Chicago%20Bears%20Away%20Uniforms_zpsnkt

Alternate Uniform

Chicago%20Bears%20Alternate%20Uniforms_z

Throwback Uniform Set: The Bears have a great throwback uniform set right now. I decided to take inspiration from that as well as the away set from the 1936 set. I also went with the white C logo on the helmet reminiscent of the 1962 look. Retro logo used on the undershirt. Overall, that is pretty much it, it is one of my favorite throwback sets just because it keeps the spirit of the current throwbacks with some other retro inspired elements.

Chicago%20Bears%20Throwback%20Uniforms_z

@Uglybus I actually really like that idea, I think that is my top choice for OKC at the moment. @Silence of the Rams You are more than free to list any ideas you have, all that I ask for anyone wanting to give suggestions on Minor League teams is to list them in Spoilers so that we don't distract too much from the NFL concepts. Once I am done with every team, I'll give some sneak peaks and we can dive into that idea a little bit more! Don't know when I'll get the lions up but it should be sometime this week, I've been really busy working the past couple of weeks and haven't had a lot of free time but I am hoping to wrap this series up soon! 

DETROIT LIONS

Primary/Alternate Uniforms: There were a couple of different directions I could have gone for the Lions. Ultimately, I decided to fuse their current identity with the 80's era uniforms. I dropped black completely and used honolulu blue and silver as the main colors. All of the current logos and number fonts stay the same but they are recolored to lose the black. I went with a new NOB font to match the Lions wordmark as well. The undershirt takes influence from the throwback logo which will be shown on the throwback undershirt. I added a blue helmet and pants for the alternate set, originally I was just going to do all blue but given my alternate rule I decided to go with a silver jersey for the alternate.

Home Uniform

Detroit%20Lions%20Home%20Uniforms_zpsxlx

Away Uniform

Detroit%20Lions%20Away%20Uniforms_zpsaml

Alternate Uniform (Alternate Helmet included)

Detroit%20Lions%20Alternate%20Uniforms%2

Throwback Set: Bringing back the most classic Thanksgiving throwback set of all. Based on their 50's look, I actually did this concept once before as well. There are a couple of things added to the set. Gray northwestern stripes on the under sleeve mimicking the 1964 set. I also added a blue facemask, the reason being, the 50's set doesn't have a facemask and I like the contrast it provides while using two colors throughout the entire set. As much as I love gray facemask especially for the throwback looks, I thought this would be a good change-up since I have used gray facemask for a lot of throwback sets. The throwback logo I mentioned in the primary write-up is used on the undershirt as well.

Detroit%20Lions%20Throwback%20Uniforms_z

Thanks for all of the comments on the Bears, I just noticed I left off the sleeve numbers on the front and back views of the Throwback set, I'll go back and fix that. Anyways, let me know what you think about the Lions!

1 hour ago, Broncoboy7 said:

The one thing to me that I'm not a fan of is the striping on the undershirt. Is that something they usually do that I've been missing?

I think you are referring to the sleeve stripes on the undershirts? Nike has used it for college teams before but never the NFL. Normally I'd agree, I don't want to see it used on any primary uniforms but I like the idea of it for throwbacks considering a lot of retro jerseys had the long sleeves.

4 hours ago, bigmike said:

I think you are referring to the sleeve stripes on the undershirts? Nike has used it for college teams before but never the NFL. Normally I'd agree, I don't want to see it used on any primary uniforms but I like the idea of it for throwbacks considering a lot of retro jerseys had the long sleeves.

Yes, sorry should've been more specific. I felt like I saw those around with some of the college teams, but not the professional level. 

IMG_7365.PNG

IMG_7364.PNG

GREEN BAY PACKERS

Primary/Alternate Uniforms: Packers get more of a tweak than anything. No reason to overhaul one of the best sets in the NFL IMO. I did make some changes though, first off I went with a consistent three layered stripe like their helmet and pants. It now appears on the sleeves as well, I like this move a little better than what they currently have just cause it stands out a little bit more. I also decided to update the wordmark. It is based on their current wordmark but the stencil mark doesn't go all the way through the letters. The number font and nob are updated to match this change as well. I added a yellow alternate. I may go back and add white pants for it but I decided to give the all yellow a shot, it is one of those that may never see the field as well. Oh and I added the primary logo to the hip.

Home Uniform

Green%20Bay%20Packers%20Home%20Uniforms_

Away Uniform

Green%20Bay%20Packers%20Away%20Uniforms_

Alternate Uniform

Green%20Bay%20Packers%20Alternate%20Unif

Throwback Set: This was a fun set to put together, I'm not a big fan of their "acme" throwbacks so I went a different route. The main influence for the set's helmet and pants are from the uniforms they wore through the 1950's. You can see that the gold from that set is used here pretty heavily, in fact I decided to just replace yellow with it completely. The striping pattern used on the under sleeves are actually influenced by a 1920's set. The best part might be the logos, I decided to go with Vince Lombardi's interlocking GB logo that he famously wore on hats. It is featured on the helmet. The undershirt makes use of the 60's "heisman" logo. I actually cleaned it up a bit and added features from the throwback uniform onto the player used in the logo. The Packers would play the Eagles in throwback week so that would be a game with some real old school uniforms making it one of my favorite match-ups overall.

Green%20Bay%20Packers%20Throwback%20Unif

A stencil would never look like that.  A stencil "cut" that isn't a stencil is just a random cut, and that's how that appears.  Not the look you were going for.  There's lots of ways to do stencils, but they can't really be stylized without it coming off as one of those contrived custom "just because" fonts.  

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived