Bigmike's NFL Series 2016 (32/32) *MFL leaked logos

bigmike

Overall, I love what you did with my Packers. The subtle touchups on the home and road are slight, but significant modifications to a classic set. The throwback/combo of eras is also beautiful. I don't hate the ACME sets, but I like this much more, even if it does remind me too much of Notre Dame. It's still an absolutely beautiful set. The yellow alternate could use some work, in my opinion. It reminds me too much of cheese lol, granted it is tough to make all yellow look good (already cringing at our color rush game). I think green numbers with either white outline or no outline at all might look better. There needs to be more green in there somewhere. Green pants would also be a nice addition. I always wished Green Bay had a green pants option.  Great series so far. 

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply
46 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

A stencil would never look like that.  A stencil "cut" that isn't a stencil is just a random cut, and that's how that appears.  Not the look you were going for.  There's lots of ways to do stencils, but they can't really be stylized without it coming off as one of those contrived custom "just because" fonts.  

I probably should have specified more in my post but I really am not all that crazy about the full-out "stencil" font. That is why I moved away from it a little bit. I don't think there is anything wrong with taking inspiration from it but toning it down for a custom number font. I'm a bigger fan of custom fonts than most. Don't get me wrong, traditional block fonts are great but for professional teams like the NFL I rather see most of the teams have a more unique font than a normal block. That being said a stencil "cut" isn't exactly what I was going for, I think it has too much cut out on it so I opted to do something inspired by it but not the same as traditional stencil "cut." I should have mentioned this but I was going for something more like Pitt's pro combat uniforms. So, I did get the look I was going for, doesn't mean it works in everyone else's eyes but it is the actual look I was going for when making this. It was about making the font a little more unique than it was going for a stencil "cut."

45 minutes ago, EBrooksUncut said:

Overall, I love what you did with my Packers. The subtle touchups on the home and road are slight, but significant modifications to a classic set. The throwback/combo of eras is also beautiful. I don't hate the ACME sets, but I like this much more, even if it does remind me too much of Notre Dame. It's still an absolutely beautiful set. The yellow alternate could use some work, in my opinion. It reminds me too much of cheese lol, granted it is tough to make all yellow look good (already cringing at our color rush game). I think green numbers with either white outline or no outline at all might look better. There needs to be more green in there somewhere. Green pants would also be a nice addition. I always wished Green Bay had a green pants option.  Great series so far. 

I agree, I was actually thinking about what the flat green numbers would look like on this set. Green pants might be a good option to do as well, I'll give it a shot.

The yellow uniforms were the hardest to make, it may not when a beauty contest even with green numbers and pants but it might accomplish the alternate uniform goal a little bit better than the white numbers/green outline and the yellow pants. I'll admit that the current numbers I have on the alternate set reminded me too much of cheese or spongebob, which probably isn't a good thing haha.

Check out my new NFL 2016 Series!

As what @EBrooksUncut said previously, the yellow uniform is a long shot. Their current color rush uniforms are kind of in that style, and it's not really the best style to have in terms of that color. But there isn't many other options for another color alternate. So that might be some tough choices ahead if you do choose to change it.

IMG_7365.PNG

IMG_7364.PNG

I updated the first post but I will go ahead and post it here since that is on the last page.

Tried a couple of things for the Alternate update based off of @EBrooksUncut's suggestions. Went with solid flat green numbers/nob and green pants as an alternate. Once again, might not see the field much, than again with the whole color rush being a thing in the NFL now I could see the Packers trying this out as an alternate. I think it works a lot better than the first attempt.

Green%20Bay%20Packers%20Alternate%20Unif

MINNESOTA VIKINGS

Primary/Alternate Uniforms: Minnesota has a great Nike upgraded uniform now but I decided to make some changes. First off starting with the logo, I made some minor tweaks, the Viking's helmet is now purple to match the football helmet and features the same horn detail that helmet decal has. I also added a pattern to the bottom of it to stylize it a little bit more. Here is a side by side of the old and new logo. The helmets stay the same except that I used a purple facemask. the uniforms themselves are a little bit different, I almost added the pattern seen on the logo to the collar but thought it clashed with everything else a little too much. The striping pattern is updated to look more like horns, the pants follow the same pattern. Other than that, I just added a yellow jersey for the alternate and used the horned serif numbers for both parts of the number font.

Home Uniform

Minnesotta%20Vikings%20Home%20Uniforms_z

Away Uniform

Minnesotta%20Vikings%20Away%20Uniforms_z

Alternate Uniform

Minnesotta%20Vikings%20Alternate%20Unifo

Throwback Set: Could have gone a couple of routes with the throwback set but the white jerseys they wore from 1970-2005 are about as classic as it gets IMO. No need to mix and match eras for the most part, the only thing I did different was add the 1970's home sleeve stripes to the socks instead.

Minnesotta%20Vikings%20Throwback%20Unifo

That wraps up the NFC North. I still have to go back and add sleeve numbers to the Bears throwbacks but other than that, everything is done. I'm going to try and get all of the AFC North up this week! I may go ahead and post the Ravens tonight but I want to let this sit for awhile first. The end is officially approaching for this project!

AFC NORTH

AFC%20North%20Helmets_zpsxxqboowk.png

Baltimore Ravens (Posted 6/27/16): Home, Away, Alternate, Throwback

Cincinnati Bengals (Posted 6/27/16): Home, Away, Alternate, Throwback

Cleveland Browns (Coming Soon): Home, Away, Alternate, Throwback

Pittsburgh Steelers (Coming Soon): Home, Away, Alternate, Throwback

Throwback Week Match-ups (Jersey/Pants Colors)

Baltimore Ravens (Purple/Gold) vs Bengals

Cincinnati Bengals (White/White) @ Ravens        

Cleveland Browns (Brown/White) vs Giants

Pittsburgh Steelers (Black/White) @ Colts *THANKSGIVING GAME *COLTS WEARING ALL-WHITE

BALTIMORE RAVENS

Primary/Alternate Uniforms: I'm not a fan of the Raven's current uniform. I also am not too fond of the overuse of the Maryland state flag being used in Ravens concepts. It is something that the University of Maryland has really marketed and I just don't think it mixes that well with the Ravens identity. So I decided to just go a completely different direction. First of all I made some tweaks to the logo. I'm not going to post a side by side unless it is requested because for the most part it is just a recolor, there are a few tweaks to the detailing inside it as well as the B logo but other than that it isn't very different at all. I am a fan of the Ravens old wordmark  so I incorporated it into the new uniforms. The sleeve striping is a custom pattern I made, I wanted to go for something similar to how the wings come up on the wordmark, it is kind of similar to what the Falcons currently use but I felt like it was different enough. The shade of purple used on the sleeves and purple pants features a light gradient to incorporate black. The helmets are black but intended to feature purple flakes similar to these old Jaguars helmets. I wanted to emphasize black a lot because Ravens are actually black so that is why the logo features so much black as well as the uniforms. I'll admit this may have been the hardest primary set I created throughout the series, I like it but I think there could be some improvements made so don't be afraid to leave feedback with different ideas if you guys think there are improvements to be made.

Home Uniform

Baltimore%20Ravens%20Home%20Uniform_zps3

Away Uniform

Baltimore%20Ravens%20Away%20Uniform_zpst

Alternate Uniform

Baltimore%20Ravens%20Alternate%20Uniform

Throwback Set: I almost went with the '96 set but decided to go the Panthers route and just go with a full out fauxback uniform. A couple of notes of inspiration: I am a big fan of the LSU Pro Combat uniforms (specifically the use of the shiny gold on the helmet) from years ago. I also went the LSU route with mismatching the helmet and pants stripes which IMO gives off a retro feel. The shoulder stripes are also similar to LSU but more so inspired by the Colt's stripes (which are the same). This makes sense to me given the fact that the Colts started off in Baltimore. I used a silhouette of a Raven (inspired by a drawing done for Edgar Allen Poe's The Raven) for the helmet logo as well as the undershirt logo. The bird appears by itself on the helmet and appears in a roundel on the undershirt with the Maryland state flag incorporated which takes some inspiration from this Orioles logo as well as this current Ravens logo. The flag also appears as on the hip breaking up the stripe momentarily. I decided to add BALTIMORE across the chest to give off a retro feel and separate the uniform overall from the Colts.

Baltimore%20Ravens%20Throwback%20Uniform

I wanted to wait for some feedback on the Vikings but I haven't posted in awhile and I'd like to get this whole division posted up this week so I decided to go ahead and post both, so leave me some feedback on both sets!

The logo on the throwback gloves has mega potential and I love the concept of a fauxback for a history-rich city like Baltimore... the recolored primary feels like a change for the sake of making a change. Like Tennessee's dark blue over white, Baltimore's current unis have a quizzically delicate balance that can easily be lost... I am enamored with that alternate, though.

8 hours ago, C-Squared said:

The logo on the throwback gloves has mega potential and I love the concept of a fauxback for a history-rich city like Baltimore... the recolored primary feels like a change for the sake of making a change. Like Tennessee's dark blue over white, Baltimore's current unis have a quizzically delicate balance that can easily be lost... I am enamored with that alternate, though.

Thanks for the input! I had a tough time with the primary logo. I thought about just starting from scratch and making a new one, I decided against it just because the primary logo they have is good but I wanted to emphasize black on it just because it doesn't really look like a raven to me with the purple head and white beak. I totally get where you are coming from though, it was really hard to balance out the colors on the logo and I went through a couple of variations that just looked too bland compared to the one I ended up going with. I may still go back to the drawing board with it though and if it comes down to it, I might just go with the current logo!

I went back through the whole thread last night and noticed some of the concepts could use some clean up to the presentation. Mostly minor issues like seems being a different color but after I post this division I'll probably go back through and fix all of that as well as make some updated options for certain teams. I've got a new presentation for my next series that I'm going to debut for the Pro Bowl uniforms so I may go back through and do all of the throwback match-ups on it. I'll see what I can do with the photo realistic jersey swaps as well, it might only be one jersey for each team.

CINCINNATI BENGALS

Primary/Alternate Uniforms: The Bengals were the last team I completed in the entire series and it is my favorite concept of the whole series. It might need some adjustments but I was really happy with the way it turned out. First of all, I used AJ McCarron's jersey for the model, it is a bammer move but he is my favorite player so I decided to go with it even if he's just a back-up for another year before hopefully getting moved into a starting competition. Enough of that, lets get to the changes made; orange is emphasized and becomes the home jersey, new tiger striped sleeve pattern that keeps an orange outline on each jersey, it blends in with the orange jersey/pants. The helmet stays the same except for the higher helmet number and the appearance of their primary logo above the bumper. Lastly, the font is changed, I went with the same font that they use for their wordmark because their current number font just doesn't go well with their current identity IMO. I thought about adding white to the helmet or creating a "white tiger (white-out)" set for the alternate but decided against it. Oh also, the Bengals get the most unique set of cleats in my NFL as I added a few tiger stripes to them as well!

Home Uniform

Cincinatti%20Bengals%20Home%20Uniforms_z

Away Uniform

Cincinatti%20Bengals%20Away%20Uniforms_z

Alternate Uniform

Cincinatti%20Bengals%20Alternate%20Unifo

Throwback Set: Pretty much knew how I wanted this throwback set to look before I ever started working on it. I went with a mix of era's. First off, the jersey and pants are inspired by the look the Bengals debuted in 1981, it features a tiger striped shoulder loop and pants stripe. Secondly, I decided to go with the "BENGALS" wordmark helmet from their 1968-1980 look, I wanted to steer clear from that uniform set though because of the similarities to the Browns. Lastly, instead of going with a block font, I used their current font. I think it matches up with the classic script font better than a normal block font. I also went with a real old school logo for the undershirt.

Cincinnati%20Bengals%20Throwback%20Unifo

The Ravens set looks really nice. I've always said that they needed to utilize gold a bit more in their scheme and you captured that beautifully. As much as I love the Maryland flag and I've loved the concepts that use them for the Ravens, it has been done to death, so I'm glad that you decided against it. I'm not the biggest fan of the Ravens fauxback, but I'm also not sure how else to go about it. I love where you're coming from with your concept though, but it reminds me a bit too much of a recolored New York Titans set. Maybe try going purple helmet with a gold Raven logo on it? Idk. The Bengals set is exactly what they SHOULD be wearing now. I love their current jerseys except for the stupid side panels and their outdated font. You corrected both of those issues. And in the same regard as the Ravens, as much as I like those white tiger alternate concepts, they've been done to death and so I'm glad you did something original. 

CLEVELAND BROWNS

Primary/Alternate Uniforms: Next up is Cleveland. I can respect the direction they are going towards with their new uniforms but the execution is off IMO. I hate the orange numbers on the brown jersey, the orange seams on the brown jersey, the stripe is a little off to me and lastly I can not stand the "BROWNS" appearing on the pants, team names on the side of the pants may be my biggest pet peeve in uniforms today. So I aimed to fix all of these things. Firstly, I updated this old secondary logo, it is exactly the same but features the B from their new font and becomes the Primary logo. Next, I took inspiration from the striping in that logo instead of just tapering it at a awkward angle like Nike did. Emphasized brown a little bit more on the home and away sets, after all they are the Browns. No more orange seams or orange numbers on the brown jersey and "BROWNS" replaces "CLEVELAND" on the chest.

Home Uniform

Cleveland%20Browns%20Home%20Uniforms_zps

Away Uniform

Cleveland%20Browns%20Away%20Uniforms_zps

Alternate Uniform

Cleveland%20Browns%20Alternate%20Uniform

Throwback Set: The first Cleveland uniform serves as main inspiration here from 1946. Went with the classic helmet numbers that they sported in 1957 until 1960. Like the 1960 helmet, I included the three stripe pattern on the helmet instead of a single white stripe. Other than that, Brownie the Elf makes an appearance once again on the undershirt and gloves and that is about it!

Cleveland%20Browns%20Throwback%20Uniform

One more team to go! I am pretty happy with the Bengals, the numbers might appear slightly thick, I'll see if I can thin them up a little bit, I'll post the Steelers sometime tonight or tomorrow! Let me hear your thoughts on the Browns!

Archived