Most popular Teams in your City.

LA_Angels

5 hours ago, Cosmic said:

Maybe not never, but it might feel like it. I barely remember what the playoffs were like.  I think it's broken me.

As Sportsnet's Nick Kypreos often reminds, as an ex player & now analyst, it takes just one home playoff victory to turn Toronto on its head all in.  

He's right.  Whether a game 1, 2, or 3, once that first one is in the bag, it's on.

cropped-cropped-toronto-skyline21.jpg?w=

@2001mark

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Where I used to live in Ohio...

Ohio State

Browns

Steelers

Indians

Cavs

Blue Jackets

Where I currently live in Florida...

Gators/Noles

"We have professional sports teams? Since when?"

BB52Big.jpg

I'm from Detroit, but currently living across the river in Windsor, Ontario, Canada. A massive split between Detroit teams and Toronto teams (even though you can be 3 of Detroit's pro sport teams' venues in a matter of minutes, there's some inner patriotic desire to cheer for a Canadian team that plays 4 hours away)

MLB- I'd say it's 65 Tigers- 35 Blue Jays (most of whom came out of hiding last year) 

NHL- I'd say is the closest, with a near 45-45-10 Wings-Leafs-others, mostly Habs like myself.

NFL- a good portion of football fans are Lions fans, I'd say 60% with many others being fans of teams like the Cowboys, Steelers, Patriots and Bears

NBA- Most of the kids growing up now are Raptors fans because the Pistons have been garbage for a while, but there's a solid stronghold of Pistons fans. I'd say there's a good number of bandwagon fans as well of course- Warriors, Heat, Lakers, etc. This one's tough to call, but I'd say it's 35 Pistons-35 Raptors-30 others.

sig.png

Cincinnati, OH

Reds

Bengals

UC Basketball

UC Football 

Xavier Basketball

Kentucky Basketball

High School Football

Ohio State football

Pittsburgh Steelers 

Cleveland Cavaliers

Cleveland Browns

Columbus Blue Jackets

I'd put FC Cincinnati on there, but I think it's too early to include them. Need a bigger sample size. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

Utah seems to shift a bit depending on what part of the state you're in (DustDevil may be able to attest to a different part than myself). But as far as what I can assess solely from where I'm at (Central Utah, Provo-ish)...

1. Jazz

T2. BYU/Utah/USU Football

3. RSL

4. Denver Broncos

T5. BYU/Utah/USU Basketball

6. Angels (based on two MiLB Utah affiliates)

T7. 49ers/Raiders/Seahawks

T8. Red Sox/Yankees/Dodgers/Giants

---

Theres a sprinkling of Eagles fans in and around Provo due to tons of BYU connections (like Andy Reid, Chad Lewis, Reno Mahe, etc.). And there aren't very many hockey fans that I know of here (I feel like the only one sometimes, haha), but when I have met any, they're usually Avs or Kings fans. 

And as as it turns out, of all those, I'm only a fan of the Jazz and RSL. I'm pretty different everywhere else.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

Phoenix I would say

1. Arizona Cardinals 

2. Sun Devils football

3. Diamondbacks 

4. Phoenix Suns

5. Sun Devils basketball 

6. Arizona Coyotes 

6 minutes ago, Gary. said:

Phoenix I would say

1. Arizona Cardinals 

2. Sun Devils football

3. Diamondbacks 

4. Phoenix Suns

5. Sun Devils basketball 

6. Arizona Coyotes 

QQ: Would you put the Rattlers over the Coyotes? It's been ages, I remember America West being packed for the AFL game I attended down there. Fans seemed really into it.

6uXNWAo.png

1 minute ago, Cujo said:

QQ: Would you put the Rattlers over the Coyotes? It's been ages, I remember America West being packed for the AFL game I attended down there. Fans seemed really into it.

I would have them at 6 with Sun Devil Baseball before I have the Coyotes. Rattlers are a afterthought from years ago. But they have their own niche in the area.

2 hours ago, dsaline97 said:

Denver Broncos

Mile High Marijuana

--------------

Rockies/Avalanche/Nuggets

Mammoth/Outlaws/Other teams no one's heard of

Here's how I'd rank Colorado teams:

Broncos

Broncos practice squad

Broncos alumni

CU Buffs

Rockies

Nuggalanche

6uXNWAo.png

STL

1.  Cardinals

2.  Cardinals farm teams

3.  debating the Cardinals' lineups

4.  Blues

5.  Mizzou Football (for now)

6.  complaining about losing the Rams

7.  STLFC soccer

8.  high school sports

9.  washer leagues

10.  SLU/Mizzou/College Hoops (Note the giant blank space in the midwest from this year's tournament.)

NCAA March Madness Map

"I did absolutely nothing and it was everything I thought it could be." -Peter Gibbons

RIP Demitra #38

Youngstown, Ohio:

Pittsburgh Steelers

Cleveland Browns

Ohio State

Cleveland Indians

Pittsburgh Penguins

Youngstown State Football

Cleveland Cavaliers

Pittsburgh Pirates

HS Football

Pitt Football & Basketball

Penn State Football & Basketball

West Virginia Football

Youngstown State Basketball

Mahoning Valley Scrappers (Indians short-a affiliate NYPL)

Youngstown Phantoms (USHL jr. league hockey)

On 5/9/2016 at 9:51 PM, chcarlson23 said:

Twin Cities

• Vikings
  • Twins
  • Wild
  • High School Hockey Tournament
  • Gopher Football
  • Timberwolves
  • Gopher Hockey
  • Other Sports??? (Lacrosse took a huge hit with the moving of the Swarm. Lacrosse was definitely on the uprise, but not as much anymore. Not sure about soccer. Can't stand it, so I don't really pay attention. Other High School Sports and Gopher Sports are in here.)  

My take's a bit different.  I'll take out High School hockey, which, while popular, is not really a "team."

1. Vikings.  Like most places, NFL is #1.
  2. Twins.
  3. Wild. 
  4. Packers. (Tons of Wisconsinites.  And while they could care less about the Bucks and little about the Brewers, there are just so many Packer fans.  Hell, they are only not #2 because I've tried to adjust some to handicap the popularity of the other sports vs. the NFL).
  5. Minnesota Hockey
  6. Minnesota Football
  7. Timberwolves
  8. Minnesota Basketball.
  9. Lynx

Seeing those two basketball teams at the bottom is more indicative of how non-competitive those teams are than anything.  Perhaps before the Clem Haskins scandal broke, Minnesota Basketball was above Minnesota Football and maybe even Hockey.  And in 2004, the Timberwolves may have been up near the Wild.  But only the Vikings, Twins, and Wild (and Packers, to those it applies to) are immune from moving up and down the list based on on-field/court/ice success.

EDIT: I did not even include the Lynx, who I believe have won three of the last five WNBA championships, until I saw someone above mention the Seattle Storm. Could they be higher? Only with a huge equalizer for popularity of the sport.  They are embraced in Minnesota, particularly since they started winning.  But the following, while dedicate, just is not very large.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

I think we've done this before, but all the same. I'm from Los Angeles, so here's what I think are the most popular teams in LA.

1. Lakers

2. Dodgers

3. NFL/Rams (I'm including both here because the NFL is definitely extremely popular here (like nearly every other city in the US) and the Rams have an opportunity to capitalize on that.) 

4. USC Football

5. Clippers

6. Kings

7. UCLA Football

8. UCLA Basketball

9. Angels 

10. LA Galaxy.

I'm probably wrong on 4-10, but the top 3 are definitely correct. 

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

On 5/9/2016 at 1:34 PM, Cujo said:

Here's how I'd rank Colorado teams:

Broncos

Broncos practice squad

Broncos alumni

CU Buffs

Rockies

Nuggalanche

And depending on the season, sometimes the alumni jump to the top of that list.

Archived