Minnesota Timberwolves

Soblito

• Replies 742
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The font, namely the letter /\ for A gives me a camping vibe... like a universal highway sign logo for campground.  Oddly, that actually works well for their brand.

The orange isn't there so the Tropicana thing is moot.  The north star in the ball also makes that okay.  I also see trees within the bottom of the wolf's head, at his neck/nape or whatever- i.e. the trees are there if you want them to be there.

I look forward to the post-roundel universe, hope I'm around to see it... maybe year 2030?

cropped-cropped-toronto-skyline21.jpg?w=

@2001mark

4 hours ago, Maximus89 said:

Bleh.

Should have gone with a dark gray as the outline and wolf color, or even black.  Gray for the moon would have made even more sense.

The star in front of a gray moon would have made no sense... ;)

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

1 hour ago, 2001mark said:

I look forward to the post-roundel universe, hope I'm around to see it... maybe year 2030?

Or worst case scenario the roundels are going to lead to WNBA style jerseys with a small team logo patch and a huge ad on the front. I'd sure like to think it would never get to that, but I wouldn't put it past the league to not even think twice before destroying the identity of every single team...in the name of greed of course.

I'm relieved that I really like it. I'd probably prefer a recolored version of their current secondary but this is a nice, modern update. I'd probably make the outlines green and the basketball gray, but those are small things that don't really bother me.

Just for comparison's sake, here is a rough version of what it looks like in the old colors:

58ed9b9250c91_TimberwolvesPrimaryOldColors.png.ec9fac9b2f611f8259af7a7ce4c468f1.png

Interesting note I found while doing this is that the lighter blue in the real logo is the same shade as the Wolves old royal blue, which I guess is kind of cool.

Overall, although I absolutely love the old blue and green, I'm fine with them trying something new and modern.

The north star in the basketball is reminiscent of the Wizards logo which also has a star placed there. 

My only complaints are that 1) it's yet another roundel, (to me the Sixers are the only team that pull off the roundel perfectly) and 2) that the basketball and wolf both share roughly 50/50 composition where I'd prefer the wolf to cover at least 70% of that area. 

Maybe it'll grow on me when I see it in application. The wolf itself looks great and I like the night sky vibe.

I don't like it. The rendering of the wolf feels incomplete and too flat. I don't like the double blue and the fact that the wolf just sort of becomes part of the rounded. I would have made the wolf bigger and dropped the text in the roundel. Roundels are boring and are better suited for baseball IMO. 

Matter of fact, a simple re color of the old wolf roundel logo would have been better if this is what they came up with.

The Twitterverse is totally ripping the logo(not really) to shreds. 

MofnV2z.png

The CCSLC's resident Geelong Cats fan.

Viva La Vida or Death And All His Friends. Sounds like something from a Rocky & Bullwinkle story arc.

This is the worst logo in their history. Its not even terrible but their worst wolf logo yet. I do like the North Star touch but it bothers me it's off to the side. Not that this means anything but my grade would be a B. Not a bad grade but I feel there's a lot left to be desired. 

Wonder what the rest of the identity holds. Should be better, I hope. 

Archived