Minnesota Timberwolves

Soblito

• Replies 742
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, Conrad. said:

If that's what they end up looking like, I'd be very happy myself. I think that'd be the cleanest look the Wolves have had since the royal and green or the tree-trim uniforms. The only thing I'm not really a fan of is there being no green in the away wordmark, it looks a bit off. I do hope there is a royal blue jersey though.

On 4/16/2017 at 9:52 PM, jdthrillinger said:

Something like this would be fine by me..

149217994868612 (1).png

On 4/17/2017 at 11:04 AM, ScubaSteve said:

Oh wow that is light years better

On 4/17/2017 at 11:20 AM, dbofox said:

Simple change that makes it look great.  The wolf stands out better against the gray

On 4/17/2017 at 11:48 AM, JerseyJosh said:

This^^ 

Good job sir. Someone should buy you lunch today lol

On 4/17/2017 at 1:07 PM, BrandMooreArt said:

not feeling this. this is too much contrast between the elements. not everything needs to fight for attention, which was a huge problem with the previous primary. due to the proportions and color, everything was competing to be the primary element. what the new logo gets right is it uses color to set these elements back a bit. i still think theres a bit too much green, but at least that (star and eye) is where your focus is and those elements stand out first. rightfully so because they are core ideas in the logo– the north star and wolf. 

also with this, you completely lose the feeling of a night time setting or any hint at the northern lights. the "Story" that was written into the logo is gone

The instant drawback to this is that the star makes no sense floating in a bright sky. It’s true that the outline of the wolf stands out more, but the outline doesn't tell you anything about the wolf in this logo; the shapes in the face provide all the definition and those stand out less because they’re too close to the background color.

I think the color palette is more confident with one fewer color, but this isn’t the best way to do it. The lines of the basketball stand out too much when they have such high contrast, to the point that they compete with the focal point.

If you’d prefer to eliminate the blue (I’ve never been a fan of double blue, to be honest, and the mockup above does look much more crisp, fresh and clean without it), then the grey needs to be darkened a little so that it contrasts better with the white, and I think at that point, you have to ditch the star for reasons mentioned above.

You could also keep the blue, eliminate white, and instead go for the light grey shown above to get it down to 4 colors. That grey is more than ideal for a white substitute, and at night, white tones turn grey. It works. You also avoid the husky/samoyed confusion by making the wolf grey.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

15 minutes ago, Teal said:

Not reaIIy....

The shirts that are currently available from that product line have been spot on with the uniforms that've been leaked and/or released so far, both in terms of the base color and the number treatment. Considering that, and considering that some of the shirts match up with uniforms we know won't be changing (Celtics green, Lakers purple, Warriors blue, etc.), it seems highly likely that all of the shirts correspond with an actual uniform, which would mean a green Wolves uniform with white and navy numbers is in the works.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

54 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

The shirts that are currently available from that product line have been spot on with the uniforms that've been leaked and/or released so far, both in terms of the base color and the number treatment. Considering that, and considering that some of the shirts match up with uniforms we know won't be changing (Celtics green, Lakers purple, Warriors blue, etc.), it seems highly likely that all of the shirts correspond with an actual uniform, which would mean a green Wolves uniform with white and navy numbers is in the works.

Let's hope so...

Jaguars

1 hour ago, kimball said:

It's Nike, you can guarantee it.

I'd be surprised if there's not.

Those video game mock ups of home and road unis looked great and I would take them if offered...they show that this has the potential to be a great set.  However, using the green as the primary color of a jersey has disaster written all over it.  I wish they'd kept it closer to a kelly green.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Archived