Soblito

Minnesota Timberwolves

I am a little confused here. Conrad, didn't you create some home and road mock ups with the green tree side panels based on eye witness account? 

Then there was the "leak" of the green uniform with stripes that was taken down.

Then we see the white set with blue strips.

and there is talk of a "mainly black" uniform, despite the fact that the Wolves eliminated black from their color scheme? 

That is 5 sets right there. 

4 minutes ago, Funkatron101 said:

I am a little confused here. Conrad, didn't you create some home and road mock ups with the green tree side panels based on eye witness account? 

Then there was the "leak" of the green uniform with stripes that was taken down.

Then we see the white set with blue strips.

and there is talk of a "mainly black" uniform, despite the fact that the Wolves eliminated black from their color scheme? 

That is 5 sets right there. 

Navy is the "mainly black" uniform I assume.

Washington Wizards of Western Conference or Tampa Bay Lightning of NBA. I'm very disappointing, previous leak shown by Conrad was way better.

As others have stated, a jersey design with multiple horizontal stripes/panels -- especially across the chest and yoke, above the #s -- is the Bullets/Wizards' signature design element.  The Bullets/Wizards have used it in four distinct designs over the course of franchise history (Unseld era, Ruland era, Arenas era gold alts, current unis).  From memory, I can't think of another team who's done it (other than the Jazz's soccer-style sleeved alt and the Nuggs' yellow alt -- and both of those have the stripes across the torso/below the #s).  Why would the Wolves encroach on another franchise's territory -- especially when they have their own signature element (tree-shaped trim) to play with?  It's akin to co-opting the Sonics' arch, the Blazers' diagonal sash, or the Nuggets' rainbow motif. 

The shorts kinda look like an Adidas collegiate template -- and that's not a good thing. 

The Pacers also used a horizontal stripe across the chest from '85-'90. 

For that matter, the Buffalo Braves used diagonal stripes several years before Portland, albiet at a much more acute angle.

13 minutes ago, Discogod said:

The Pacers also used a horizontal stripe across the chest from '85-'90. 

For that matter, the Buffalo Braves used diagonal stripes several years before Portland, albiet at a much more acute angle.

The Pacers' Chuck Person-era unis had a single horizontal stripe (with a little trim).  Dallas' recent (and, perhaps, current?) skyline alt jersey has a single horizontal stripe, for that matter.  Neither uniform has the multiple horizontal stripes the Bullets/Wizards are famous for.

Those Mavs' jerseys are also a party foul, to the extent that they co-opt the Nugs' skyline motif (that is, unless others can think of other examples of teams incorporating skylines into their uni design).

You're right about Buffalo, though. :)

27 minutes ago, Zilla2K said:

Not a fan of Minnesota's new unis 

IMG_0439.JPG

Wait what? Any sort of confirmation on these at all, or are these just unis you saw in a 2k vid and assumed were real? To me it looks like they were custom made with the Wizards striping pattern on the jersey and some generic "Spripe #3" on the pants. I can't imagine their new uniforms not featuring a trace of their new green color, tree motifs, or unique striping pattern

6 hours ago, Survival79 said:

?

Untitled.png

Not a fan of those at all... 

2 minutes ago, Power_Ranger_Rick said:

Wait what? Any sort of confirmation on these at all, or are these just unis you saw in a 2k vid and assumed were real? To me it looks like they were custom made with the Wizards striping pattern on the jersey and some generic "Spripe #3" on the pants. I can't imagine their new uniforms not featuring a trace of their new green color, tree motifs, or unique striping pattern

It's definitely 2K18, nobody has nade this uniform on 2K17, Nike socks weren't available in 2K17, and the texture on the compression pants are new.

Also, it's a different model for KAT than the model he had, and his body type is new

40 minutes ago, Zilla2K said:

Not a fan of Minnesota's new unis 

IMG_0439.JPG

I think they look pretty good. Im a fan of the simple and clean look with distinct stripes. It could of been a lot worse, although I would like to see a tree pattern by the collars.

Those are just flat out ugly. I never thought they'd somehow turn out worse than the old set.

I would have never told you in 100 tries that the Wolves would have picked that set (if legit).  The top is too Wizards-y, and the shorts scream a random D1 college in 1999.

Those Wolves jerseys are pretty nice; just not for the Wolves.  The original blue/green is so fantastic, it boggles my mind that they don't embrace it.

6 hours ago, Lights Out said:

Not a good look, IMO. They remind me of the Wizards' uniforms, and those aren't very good in the first place.

The Timberwolves had it right here, and every change since then has been a downgrade:

aQYiuqb.jpg

5vvJQpV.jpg

Those were pretty good. Had a good balance of green, actually emphasized the "Timber" part of their name and retained the tree collar, but these will always be one of my favorite NBA unis ever

2960151.thumb.jpg.88af0f07965a58b0c3688712825e6330.jpg

I like this new look for the Wolves, but where is the green? That's the biggest issue for me with these.

Maybe I spent too much time in the Football Manager modding world, but this just looks like a recolor of the Wizards .psd file to me.

12 hours ago, Digby said:

Maybe I spent too much time in the Football Manager modding world, but this just looks like a recolor of the Wizards .psd file to me.

It does look similar to the Wizards, but it's almost certainly real based on the fact that it was included in a 2K18 article on CNET that they've since had to pull the picture from.